Xabi Alonso (2 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
When Tiago played with Lyon he was 10 times better than Alonso.
We signed him and he flopped...
Now u guyz want us to play 20 milion and take the same risk?
This kind of players are not for juve cuz juve don't play in the right formation for them.

Juve's squad is complete.
Every position has 2 players.

DP, Trez, Iaq and Amauri as strikers.
Neddy, Camo, Giovinco, Marchionni, Sali, Ekdal as attacking midfielders.
Sissoko, Poulsen, Marchisio, Zanneti as defending midfielders.

Zebina, Grygera as RB.
De Ceglie, Molinaro as LB.

Legro, Giorgio, Knezevic, Mellberg as CB's.

The only thing we need is maybe selling legro while the value is still high (he's old) and spend some good money on Zapata/Santacroce.
But that won't happen i guess :\
:lol: That's laughing in your face.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seriously, this thread has some of the most insane opinions I've ever seen. Tiago is ten times better than Alonso... Alonso isn't a good player... we shouldn't take a risk on Alonso because Tiago failed... we have Almiron and he's the same sort of player so we don't need Alonso... Barry is more useful to Liverpool than Alonso... we don't have creativity problems... Poulsen is needed more than Alonso... et cetera.

:wth:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
About Barry, I don't think Villa realize how hard they messed themselves. If they don't make the top four next season Barry is most certainly out the door for free. There's no way he'll stay and enjoy Intertoto football every season.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Seriously, this thread has some of the most insane opinions I've ever seen. Tiago is ten times better than Alonso... Alonso isn't a good player... we shouldn't take a risk on Alonso because Tiago failed... we have Almiron and he's the same sort of player so we don't need Alonso... Barry is more useful to Liverpool than Alonso... we don't have creativity problems... Poulsen is needed more than Alonso... et cetera.

:wth:
Typical blind Juve fans. If they miss out on a key signing, it's not because the front office dropped the ball, it's because the player wasn't good enough or a mercenary or something. The best part is that a week prior they were all cheering about how the particular player was going to be their savior.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Typical blind Juve fans. If they miss out on a key signing, it's not because the front office dropped the ball, it's because the player wasn't good enough or a mercenary or something. The best part is that a week prior they were all cheering about how the particular player was going to be their savior.
Typical any fans really.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Was there really a chance to sign Alonso ?
I'm not talking about some crazy 30m eur offer. I'm just wondering if we could sign him for a reasonable price (20m eur or less) with Villa refusing to sell Barry.
Enron ?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've really only seen that among Juve fans.
Actually, you were wrong in your first statement because many people here blame the board for dropping the ball, as in the Milito case. Far more people blame the front office to our woes than the player in question. Only some dunderheads like to bash players for inane reasons, as seen much within this thread, particularly because they don't like the EPL, Liverpool, or haven't even paid attention to the player. That's all that this crap stems from.

Trust me, go browse through Xtratime and take a look at some of the opinions of various fans there. Many are just as moronic as some opinions here. A bunch of supporters of Real Madrid and Arsenal behave very much like some people around here, when it comes to strange opinions.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
to be honest, this thread is getting a bit too much attention. What are you all up too. Criticizing the player, comparing him to all sorts of midfielders we have/could have/will have.... this is bullshit. I admit that i was a huge fan of the alonso deal, as it seemed wrapped up already, and i will admit that poulsen would never have been my first candidate, but what do you want to do for christ's sake?? Are you all going to cry and bitch about how good alonso would have been? Goddamned if poulsen brings us some kind of success, then i'm fine, and alonso can go wherever he wants. Get over it, and stop the whining. NO ONE knows how alonso would have been in a juve-shirt, so stop arguing about '1/10 the player tiago is' or '19/16th the player almiron could have been in 2 season at lazio'.... come on; WHO CARES. Alonso will stay in pool right now (as it seems), and that's it. You can go on and cry about it for the rest of your life, or you could get a grip and get fucking over it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Was there really a chance to sign Alonso ?
I'm not talking about some crazy 30m eur offer. I'm just wondering if we could sign him for a reasonable price (20m eur or less) with Villa refusing to sell Barry.
Enron ?
Then, probably for 18 mil it would have happened. Now, I just don't know. I think we may move to sign a winger regardless (with sales of Pennant, Arba, Itandje looming), but if someone offered us 16+ I think we'd have to seriously consider it, because it would allow us to buy a viable replacement or a top of the line winger. Rafa is ready show faith in Plessis, our young Frenchman, who did well in his few appearances last season. It could very well be that Alonso ships off, this summer or in January. Though I think it would be wise to hold on to him with Masch, Lucas and Babel all Olympic bound. He could as easily regain his 2005 fitness and be back to his old self (old self=no broken feet).

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Actually, you were wrong in your first statement because many people here blame the board for dropping the ball, as in the Milito case. Far more people blame the front office to our woes than the player in question. Only some dunderheads like to bash players for inane reasons, as seen much within this thread, particularly because they don't like the EPL, Liverpool, or haven't even paid attention to the player. That's all that this crap stems from.

Trust me, go browse through Xtratime and take a look at some of the opinions of various fans there. Many are just as moronic as some opinions here. A bunch of supporters of Real Madrid and Arsenal behave very much like some people around here, when it comes to strange opinions.
If I remember correctly last season the majority of those who blamed the board were saying within a couple of weeks that Milito wasn't Juve material and he was injury prone. Now we have a very similar situation going on with Alonso, people that were on his nuts a month ago are saying he's not as good as Tiago or Poulsen and that Juve has no need for creative players in the the center.

I read Xtratime a lot and it's really not that bad. I also read a few of the Kop forums so maybe I'm just spoiled. Maybe they aren't typical Juventus fans just typical Juventuz fans.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Alonso for 20 Million,there's no way he is worth that.
Tell me 1 player who posses his passing quality, vision and creativity for less then that.
And dont be stupid by mentioning players who are "worth" 20 millions on the paper. Because reality is; Xabi is for sale, and i dont see any other with his quality who are.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Tell me 1 player who posses his passing quality, vision and creativity for less then that.
And dont be stupid by mentioning players who are "worth" 20 millions on the paper. Because reality is; Xabi is for sale, and i dont see any other with his quality who are.
Plus he has the EPL brand behind him, so you have to add 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)