Xabi Alonso (7 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erminy

Jul 2, 2008
wow, some people here are really "interesintg".

comparing tiago to alonso... i am one of those who still believe tiago has something to offer. he is very talented and i think his problems in juve are mainly because ranieri hasnt used him right. its not all ranirei's fault though, if we had a better defense then he would have been able to use tiago better.

anyway, tiago is very different from alonso. tiago is more of a mobile box to box midfielder. while alonso is more calm but to compensate has amazing passing and vision. also, alonso has more to offer on the defensive front.

same position doesnt mean same type of player. some people confuse this very easily.

i think alonso would have been perfect for juve as long as ranieri used him in such a way as to exploit his best qualities. in my opinion, alonso would have fitted perfectly in ranieri's style because he doesnt need to go forward in order to cause problems to the opposing defense. so, we would still have had that player with the ability to change the pace in a second and not compromising his defensive duties. this was a unique chance and we missed it. saying he is bad and what not isnt going to make it better. it also doesnt mean poulsen is bad. those who have seen him play should know that he is a pretty good passer. he is not alonso but he is good.

its time to cut our loses and hope for the best.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Gus Portokalos: Kimono, kimono, kimono. Ha! Of course! Kimono is come from the Greek word himona, is mean winter. So, what do you wear in the wintertime to stay warm? A robe. You see: robe, kimono. There you go!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
For Juventus fans, hopefully, the history will repeat and we'll do what we did with Sissoko. Instead of paying +20m eur in the summer we got him for almost twice less in winter. I wouldn't be surprised if Juve buy Alonso for some 13-14m in January. If Liverpool want to get rid of him in January, if he insists to leave Pool because he lost his spot in starting XI and if he's cup tied and won't be able to play CL then his price tag will fall for sure.
I really expect us to make this sign at x-mas, thats how our new managers typically work, the set eyes upon a player and expect his price to drop to make a move, while sacrificing the needs of our team in the way.
we should have bought Sissoko from the beginning of the season last year, just like CR asked for, but we chose to buy two mediocre players instead and gamble
and then at x-mas time when we needed the most a defender, we brought Sissoko, only because that he was now cheaper...:melayyanandmessi:

I expect us to repeat the same mistakes, we will buy Alonso at the winter transfer window, by the time we will already be disqualified from the CL, due to our creativity problems,
our midfield will be full by then, our defense will suck, but we will instead invest our next transfer budget on a new expensive, forward...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I expect us to repeat the same mistakes, we will buy Alonso at the winter transfer window, by the time we will already be disqualified from the CL, due to our creativity problems,
When ends the groupstage ? If you mean we wont make it beyond the group stage i would like to bet with you for a symbolic 10 € or something ...i bet they go past the group stages

our midfield will be full by then, our defense will suck, but we will instead invest our next transfer budget on a new expensive, forward...
perhaps Huntelaar ^^^
(even if i don't rate him very high)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I really expect us to make this sign at x-mas, thats how our new managers typically work, the set eyes upon a player and expect his price to drop to make a move, while sacrificing the needs of our team in the way.
we should have bought Sissoko from the beginning of the season last year, just like CR asked for, but we chose to buy two mediocre players instead and gamble
and then at x-mas time when we needed the most a defender, we brought Sissoko, only because that he was now cheaper...:melayyanandmessi:
I partly agree with that. I am for one somebody whose mostly satisfied with CR's work, he made some mistakes in some games but overall he has done well.

I'm sure that had we Sissoko since the begining of last season, we would have been in a stronger position at the end.

Anyhow, I don't think its all down to lowering the price, I do know financially we aren't the Juve of old (heck the juve of old didn't have much either), but still, we needed a midfielder and another class defender. I would have put that ahead of Amauri (not that I'm complaining with his purchase though). Secco still is Lost.

Lets just see what happens, I think Liverpool are still going for Garry, despite passing the deadline, and it means they need to offload Alonso. That's where we come in.

But I think now, after Poulsen, we can only afford Alonso (even if Liverpool lowers his price abit) after selling Tiago and Almiron. So if these sales do come through, then cross your fingers for Alonso.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Our best move IMO would be buying a defender only than buying a midfielder
I think our mid is quite good altough still lacking something as for our defensive area we have Chiellini who is great we have Zebina for RB and Molinaro and De Ceglie for LB but a second CB is still needed and I must say I`m not very impressed with Melleberg and Legrotagllie seems to me like he couldn`t stand the pressure for too long
a great CB is desperately needed

matchyg

Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool fan, and Xabi fan here, I adore Juve also. I'm very sad that Xabi is being pushed out but, Looks like the manager is still intent on pushing Xabi out. If he had to leave Liverpool I wished to see him at Juventus. He would be Pirlo's second coming. I hate to see Xabi go to Fenerbahce. Is there any chance of the Xabi-Juve deal still happening? Maybe Juve fans should campaign get the Directors to buy Xabi, now £16 million is good business for him. I know they listen to the fans, like with Stankovic

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Liverpool fan, and Xabi fan here, I adore Juve also. I'm very sad that Xabi is being pushed out but, Looks like the manager is still intent on pushing Xabi out. If he had to leave Liverpool I wished to see him at Juventus. He would be Pirlo's second coming. I hate to see Xabi go to Fenerbahce. Is there any chance of the Xabi-Juve deal still happening? Maybe Juve fans should campaign get the Directors to buy Xabi, now £16 million is good business for him. I know they listen to the fans, like with Stankovic
Welcome to the forum mate :beer:

I doubt that we're getting alonso this summer, perhaps if there is a chance we're getting him then probably in jan. Plus i don't think that he'll join fenerbahce even if liverpool excepts their offer....

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Expect an announcement anytime soon that Alonso will sign for Arsenal.
Arsenal offer 10.5 which is way lower than our valuation, in fact its 5 less than a reasonable compromise. Plus Arsenal are rivals. Realistically I don't see this happening.

I heard Fenerbahce was close to signing him
Then you also heard that Xabi rejected the offer because he sees moving to Turkey as a step down. And rightfully so.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I have read an article today in a Greek football site that said we made an offer for Schweinsteiger.

Tell me that this is not too good to be true. This will be awesome. And with poulsen in our squad it's more possible from Xabi Alonso. I am praying to be true and not just media bullshit...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
don't be too lucky ... even if this was true ... apart from his ugly face he does not set the world alight with his mediocre performances in the german bundesliga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)