Xabi Alonso (31 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Our people should act smart in this deal, liverpool wants to sign some players this summer (ex.barry) so they're trying to get the most from this deal. I think that liverpool r aiming for 20+ millions perhaps something in the region of 22-25 mil.

The thing is our people will be hesitate to pay that sum in cash so i really really hope they don't do "the dump move":gsol: by paying 16-18 million in cash + players that may equal in total more than 25 millions!! (same move that we did in amauri deal were we ended up getting him for 23 millions in total :shifty: ).

Alonso is a quality player nodoubt about that but there is always alternatives out there. Lucho gonzalez and Lorik Cana r great players that can really add quality to our mid........
Lorik Cana is exactly the player Juve dont need, dont get me wrong he's a fantastic player. But he's a pure defensive midfielder, and you guys already have Zanetti and Sissoko.

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
Only provisionally... only If we have already struck a deal with alonso over personal terms .. becuase all that needs to be done is agree a fee with liverpool.

But officially we'd have to wait till spain are knocked out or after the euro's becuase he would need a medical and alonso needs to sign the contract etc..

We signed sissoko officially when mali were knocked out becuase then he was available to come to turin... i don't think he came to turin midway through the tournament to sign the contract to make it official...

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Gigli Closes Door For Trez, Opens For Aquilani And Alonso

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli insists that David Trezeguet will not be leaving the Old Lady despite being linked with a move to Barcelona but he has left the door open for Aquilani and Alonso.

The French hit-man scored 20 goals in Serie A this season for Juventus and the Catalonian giants are keen on taking him to Camp Nou.

Reports last week claimed Juve had turned down a €20m bid for Trezegol and Cobolli Gigli reveals he has never thought about selling his star striker and that he is also looking to buy some top quality midfielders.

“I have never ever thought about selling Trezeguet,” Gigli told Tuttosport.

“At the moment we are chasing Xabi Alonso and Aquilani as well as others.

“We are paying close attention to these players and we know that they can easily integrate themselves well within our group.”

Juve are currently in the process of strengthening their side and Claudio Ranieri is a big admirer of Roma’s Alberto Aquilani.

The Roma player still hasn’t managed to extend his contract and, so far, talks have stalled regarding a better wage deal.

This in turn could leave the door wide open for a move to Juventus.

Goal.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
you can get Alonso for 20M, Diego probably for 30M

it's not the market in general that is inflated. it's the EPL players who are overrated

as long as no EPL clubs make a move for diego, we should. the most stupid thing you can do with a limited budget is go shopping in england.
It's the entire market. Even a player such as Jozy Altidore, my young American starlet, cost Villareal 10 million pounds. He's coming from Red Bull New York.

Now tell me, if this young player can fetch 10 million pounds, 20 million Euros for a proven Xabi Alonso is not bad.

It's the entire market, not just England.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
20 mil for a World Class player about to reach his prime, and an urgent requirement for our unimaginative MF is quite a fair price, tbh

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
We signed sissoko officially when mali were knocked out becuase then he was available to come to turin... i don't think he came to turin midway through the tournament to sign the contract to make it official...
you did not follow the reports well ...

sissoko flew to turin, while mali was still in the competition ... because of this he did not play the next game mali played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)