Xabi Alonso (18 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Italian players in Juventus are priority, if you don't know that or don't like it then go ahead and support Internazionale...
I thought winning was our priority but I guess I learn something new every day then.

Strange thing that Sampdoria hasn't won the Serie A more often. They usually have less than 2 non-Italians in their starting eleven.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Ya i support Arsenal, thats why all i know about are mercenaries :D
Didn't mean to poke the wound lol, but i meant buying youngsters capable of more than expencive players, another thing is that we are Juve we are a final destination or should be like we were before if you know what i mean.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
I thought winning was our priority but I guess I learn something new every day then.

Strange thing that Sampdoria hasn't won the Serie A more often. They usually have less than 2 non-Italians in their starting eleven.
We always had more Italians than none Italians and thats why we were always better than Inter. It's a club tradition and it's related to our history. I am not saying we shouldn't buy none Italians but we should always have more Italians in the team to keep our identity as Juventus. Xabi's position has a lot of Italians who's younger and can do better and we should go for that before anything else.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
name 5 that are genuinely better or can be better than Xabi Alonso
Aquilani (Younger + Much Better + Italian + More Hungry)
Lucho (Much Better + Less Expensive + More Hungry)

The rest are the usual suspects, some of them are not realistic some of them are old or either expencive. If we don't get one of those two then i am all for starting C.Zanetti whom i have said before that in my opinion is a much better player or in the worst case scenario will do as good as Xabi although i am sure that Xabi will flop as soon as he enter Italy.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
correct me if I'm wrong, but Lucho is from Argentina...and you have only named 1 Italian out of "many" that you suggest can solve our central midfield problems

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
correct me if I'm wrong, but Lucho is from Argentina...and you have only named 1 Italian out of "many" that you suggest can solve our central midfield problems
We don't have a central midfield problem we have an attacking midfield and defense problems, And i was on about younger, italian, hungrier, less expencive. Any of these qualities will do on it's own since Xabi is not exactly Messi or a one of a kind player if you didn't get that, he is not a must for us at all just like Tiago and how we did without him. If we are going to pay big it's better be for Aquilani or someone who plays in another position that we need more than the central midfield where we are covered compared to our attacking midfield specially the left side and the back line especially Molinaro's position, and don't tell me we need depth because i am sure that if we get Xabi it will not be only for squad depth because we can get a squad player for much cheaper.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
We always had more Italians than none Italians and thats why we were always better than Inter. It's a club tradition and it's related to our history. I am not saying we shouldn't buy none Italians but we should always have more Italians in the team to keep our identity as Juventus. Xabi's position has a lot of Italians who's younger and can do better and we should go for that before anything else.
i saw something on TV and web, that UEFA passed new rule 6 + 5, related to CL, UAFA ..but not in domestic league.. Meaning 6 home players must play and 5 foreign only..So i guess we are OK , also and it will be better for Lpool to get Barry instead in that case..

""The key word is objective," a senior UEFA official said. "The homegrown player rule achieves most of the objectives of 6+5, so hopefully Blatter will see this as a compromise, at least in Europe."

UEFA, which enforces its homegrown player rule only in its own club competitions, like the Champions League, said it would not be asking its associations to automatically impose its rule domestically."

Dec 26, 2004
What does "Spaniard tend to fail in Serie A" has anything to do with Xabi... is he supposed to have a "failure in Italy" chromosome within his DNA!!

Raul, Casialls, Cesc, Ramos, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Xabi is the type of WC players who can GENERALLY succeed wherever they play whether it is La Liga, Preimier League, Bundislega or FREAKING SERIE A.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
you obviously dont get the beauty of it all.
You see beauty in bullshit? :lol: Ok..

On: Alonso would be one of the best options out there for CM. I only prefer Aquilani over him, but it would be very hard to get him. I cant imagine which great player we'll get if we dont sign Alonso. Gilberto Silva? :inter:

Kenobi87

Apr 17, 2007
Xabi will be a class investment. 27 years old - He is starting his best years. We can have a class player for 5 years.
I know it's funny to buy talents but IRL it's better to get some quality material.
Xabi is way better than Zanetti - no doubt. He's a different class.

I don't mind playing with to a DCM and a CM... Remember Viera and Emerson...? That wasn't a bad combination...

I see Xabi as a nice player who isn't that expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)