Xabi Alonso (35 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simoncauchi

Feb 21, 2007
Alonso is so superior to Zanetti in passing ability its not even funny, infact he is superior to Zanetti in almost every department in football. With all due respect, i think its pure bias to even compare Zanetti to Alonso.
I agree with you. As much as i like Zanetti, Alonso is much better then him. If we get him our midfield will rock hard.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
name 5 that are genuinely better or can be better than Xabi Alonso
Deco

He is the answer. He'd solve our midfield problems and would be the perfect foil for Sissoko in the centre of our midfield. Added the fact he brings with him a wealth of European experience and in form he can pull of devastating passes all at a very high workrate...Don't tell me he is shit all because of one poor season with Barca where he was injured for some time, does this make Henry, Ronaldinho, Eto'o shit?? And for those of you who say he is too old, his age is actually a positive as like i said before he brings an expierence to Juventus that very few other players could provide and espicially for how low his price will be.. For instant success next year we need players who can bring a lot to the table and Deco surely can.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
Alonso's agent has confirmed that talks are in place with Juve and that the player himself is keen on a move to Turin.

"It's true that my client is wanted by Real Madrid but at the moment we are only dealing with Juventus," Ibanez told Tuttosport.

"At the moment Alonso is focused on the European Championship but he has told me that he is proud that Zidane's and Platini's former club want him."

full article http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=717893

i know its goal.com not the most trustworthy source but...you never know

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Deco can play in a 4-4-2 formation!!!
Deco can play as center midfield and can play abit deeper
Deco would be better and cheaper but all this talk is useless as I`m pretty sure we get Xabi

May 22, 2007
Didn't want to reply but oh fuck this is too much.

^ for the idiots above me....

Go support Real Madrid or Inter Milan, only then your trasnfer dreams will be fulfilled. When we bought Zidane he much lesser known than Nasri or even Meghni atm. It has never been in our tradition as a club to buy already accomplished player, 40 millions were enough for us to buy an entire squad. Paying for scouse cvnt like Xabi is pure idiocy and C.Zanetti is much better, almost every player who plays in England is overrated to death so do not let the publicity fool you, we should focus on young lads capable to play for us for years to come. Capello did the same and got us a bunch of thugs whom i personally hated and at the end of the day they dumped us, and even then some idiots here weren't happy and wanted bigger names. And yeah having a Juventino like Giovinco and giving him the chance is worth 10000 Kaka or Ronaldinho who will jump ship at the first better offer, when Milan made Kaka he was known as Gio is right now so laugh all you want you glory hunting retards.
Who gives a fuck about tradition? If we try and take a chance on every transfer we get (to see if they become successful) then we won't get anywhere. Nedved, Cannavaro, Emerson, Zebina, Davids etc. They were all pretty well known. And some of them did pretty well.

If I remember correctly, Xabi isn't scouse. Not in the slightest bit. Steven Gerrard is scouse, and a very good player who would do well for Juventus, but Xabi is far away from being scouse. Annd Im pretty sure he isn't a cunt. Do you know him personally? Are you one of his butlers? He has also shown that he isn't a cunt on the football field. Do you remember an incident where he did a nasty challenge or got involved in a fight? Zanetti is in no way better. He is a good player yes, but not better. If you ask a neutral on the situation, they would answer Xabi, and rightly so. Your opinion is wrong in my opinion.

"almost every player who plays in England is overrated to death so do not let the publicity fool you,"

That is the single best part of the post. You think that most of the following of C.Ronaldo, Fabregas, Torres, Vidic, Evra and Gerrard are overrated. Yeah, wrong. How about Sissoko, is he overrated? Is he still overrated?

Capello got us thugs :D Just because they didn't stay at the club and wanted to play football at a higher level. Christ. You really are off on one. One of them turned out to be a massive cunt, but the rest, not really.

Every player who plays for us must support us now lads. They are 10000 Kaka's because they won't leave. Ever. Im sure that Trezeguet, Nedved, Zanetti, Camoranesi and Kovac don't support us. Hang on. They all stayed with us when we went down to Serie B. Hmmm, suspicious.

I want success. You do too. You are wrong though.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Yes Xabi & Sissoko would be more balanced but that's not to say that Deco-Sissoko wouldn't work efficiently, quite the contrary actually as I firmly believe it would be more fruitful..

Xabi is far from done.. And besides when our presidents suggests that we won't get him (Gigli said he was expensive and that we are following other alternatives) it leaves a bit to be desired

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Salvatore,
when he said that every EPL player is overrated, he was talking about the prices of these players, not player's quality.
And i must say i agree with him. If the realistic price for some great player is 25m euro, you can buy him for 25m eur from Spain or Italy, for less than 25m if you're buying him from Germany, France or Portugal but if you're buying him from Liverpool or Manchester you'll have to pay them 35m.

I believe that's what he meant.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004

Who gives a fuck about tradition? If we try and take a chance on every transfer we get (to see if they become successful) then we won't get anywhere. Nedved, Cannavaro, Emerson, Zebina, Davids etc. They were all pretty well known. And some of them did pretty well.

If I remember correctly, Xabi isn't scouse. Not in the slightest bit. Steven Gerrard is scouse, and a very good player who would do well for Juventus, but Xabi is far away from being scouse. Annd Im pretty sure he isn't a cunt. Do you know him personally? Are you one of his butlers? He has also shown that he isn't a cunt on the football field. Do you remember an incident where he did a nasty challenge or got involved in a fight? Zanetti is in no way better. He is a good player yes, but not better. If you ask a neutral on the situation, they would answer Xabi, and rightly so. Your opinion is wrong in my opinion.

"almost every player who plays in England is overrated to death so do not let the publicity fool you,"

That is the single best part of the post. You think that most of the following of C.Ronaldo, Fabregas, Torres, Vidic, Evra and Gerrard are overrated. Yeah, wrong. How about Sissoko, is he overrated? Is he still overrated?

Capello got us thugs :D Just because they didn't stay at the club and wanted to play football at a higher level. Christ. You really are off on one. One of them turned out to be a massive cunt, but the rest, not really.

Every player who plays for us must support us now lads. They are 10000 Kaka's because they won't leave. Ever. Im sure that Trezeguet, Nedved, Zanetti, Camoranesi and Kovac don't support us. Hang on. They all stayed with us when we went down to Serie B. Hmmm, suspicious.

It's a fact that in England they tend to over rate and over hype their players, i have never seen Alonso greatness tbh and i have seen a lot of him, he is a very good player but he's far from being WC, he plays for Spain which is a class C national team and isn't even sure to start with them and when i say class C i am talking about achievement because you see Spaniards tend to choke very badly even though they have a lot of class which is why i wouldn't bet on one of them specially in Serie A where tactics matter more than anything, something Spaniards haven't even heard about.

And who gives a fuck about tradition? i do, all real Juve fans do. Juve not winning but maintaining it's long tradition which made us fans in the first place is much better than having an Inter like team who wins. I'd rather go back to B than have a team of thugs and mercenaries like Inter. And Capello got us thugs in Ibra, Vieira, Emerson, one who lost my respect seeing what he did to come here (Emerson), the other was the fucking captain of his team and left for money and the third ....don't let me get even started on Ibra.

And yeah we were winning but without spirit and thats why we never came close to the CL with Capello, we had a team of robots who did what they told but that extra mile for the club that we have seen with Lippi in 2003 was never there. Now that Ranieri is here i see a glimpse of the 2003 Juve but signing un-hungry names like Alonso will not help. Thats my opinion, if people wanna make fun of it then fine but i know that i started supporting Juve because of their fighting spirit and not their titles, or honestly i would have been better with Real after all they won more.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Salvatore,
when he said that every EPL player is overrated, he was talking about the prices of these players, not player's quality.
And i must say i agree with him. If the realistic price for some great player is 25m euro, you can buy him for 25m eur from Spain or Italy, for less than 25m if you're buying him from Germany, France or Portugal but if you're buying him from Liverpool or Manchester you'll have to pay them 35m.

Thank you...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

You both are slightly incorrect as you need a mixture of great players and potential future ones

If you create a squad based on potential great players you get a team who is a feeder like Parma, Ajax and etc... your highest ambition with a team like that would be getting into Uefa Cup...

If you create a squad based on spending hard cash it`s a better solution but there is also a problem as you would see your team like Real Madrid
You might make it and win it all and you might see a team who have trouble with ego`s and style of play and then you might even finish 5th

HOWEVER if you mix it both then you get a team who is likely to fight for the scudetto every year and with the right guidence will win a lot, not to mention a CL spot every year and a possability of winning it too

so the best economical and clever thing is to mix it both
that`s what made us that good in the last 15 years !!!

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
You both are slightly incorrect as you need a mixture of great players and potential future ones

If you create a squad based on potential great players you get a team who is a feeder like Parma, Ajax and etc... your highest ambition with a team like that would be getting into Uefa Cup...

If you create a squad based on spending hard cash it`s a better solution but there is also a problem as you would see your team like Real Madrid
You might make it and win it all and you might see a team who have trouble with ego`s and style of play and then you might even finish 5th

HOWEVER if you mix it both then you get a team who is likely to fight for the scudetto every year and with the right guidence will win a lot, not to mention a CL spot every year and a possability of winning it too

so the best economical and clever thing is to mix it both
that`s what made us that good in the last 15 years !!!
Agreed but we already have stars and if we have to buy 1 more i'd prefer it would be someone younger better suited and proven in Serie A and specially Juve. Not to mention that we need a defender and a left midfielder more than we need a central player...

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Salvatore,

:agree: yeah thats why i think that xavi alonso is a top player but he's price might be just too high.....English clubs do exaggerate a lot when it comes to valuing their players. Liverpool paid 12 million euros for alonso when he first came to them back in 04 (and he was pretty big in spain back then). Now i can't c them selling him for less than 20 mil euros, heard that they want 25 million euros thats just too much IMO.....

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
:agree: yeah thats why i think that xavi alonso is a top player but he's price might be just too high.....English clubs do exaggerate a lot when it comes to valuing their players. Liverpool paid 12 million euros for alonso when he first came to them back in 04 (and he was pretty big in spain back then). Now i can't c them selling him for less than 20 mil euros, heard that they want 25 million euros thats just too much IMO.....
Isn't 25 the same that Bremen asked for Diego?

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Rumor has it that if you had already won the CL with one club you will not kill yourself or work as hard to win it again with a different team, except in rare cases before someone jumps and say Seedorf.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Diego 30 million sterling if i'm not mistaken
Whatever it is, it will be way too f'n high.. Although when you consider price & quality as to compared to players in the over inflated EPL it isn't too bad.. I still maintain either Barca or Madrid are gonna throw the cash at Werder this transfer season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)