Xabi Alonso (18 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
puh-leeez he was never going to be the answer for our central MF situation...better for him to move elsewhere

I dont know, I for one saw a great deal of talent in him he was just not suited for serie A, given him another chance would be the fair thing to do.

He improved during the last games, under no pressure he performs. I believe that we expected alot from him at first, and he wasnt really our "savior", beeing our biggest transfer doesnt mean he was to be our next zidane.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You watched Chelsea and Lyon while he was there right? He wasnt nothing special, same with the NT. He is just a decent role player at best, who occasionally scored. But no one to step up in any way or one to rely on.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
You watched Chelsea and Lyon while he was there right? He wasnt nothing special, same with the NT. He is just a decent role player at best, who occasionally scored. But no one to step up in any way or one to rely on.

Yeah i did, he was playing twice as good there...he was really doing well at chelsea for awhile and then he shined at lyon.

Dont tell me he wasnt good enough at lyon? because it was obvious, he was never a goal scorer, he gave so many assists and clever passes.

He just didnt get a chance here, I hope we can all agree on that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He was twice as good there because he has been HORRIBLE with us. But he wasnt anything special in Chelsea, he was a fringe player, benched and occasionally being a balance player. In Lyon he was bit better, but the level he held was decent.

He never has been a top player but mainly a useful mediocre player, and the fact we were desperate enough to make him our top midfield signing doesnt change that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He was twice as good there because he has been HORRIBLE with us. But he wasnt anything special in Chelsea, he was a fringe player, benched and occasionally being a balance player. In Lyon he was bit better, but the level he held was decent.

He never has been a top player but mainly a useful mediocre player, and the fact we were desperate enough to make him our top midfield signing doesnt change that.
Yeah, Tiago was nothing special at Chelsea, yet Mourinho himself said it was a mistake letting him go. That right there says it all really.

But I'm not going to get in this debate again. It's frankly obvious people didn't really pay attention to the player at his former clubs and now are just completely biased against the player. Useless crap again.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He was a good squad player in Chelsea, that Mourinho would say it was mistake would pertain to him seeing him as a useful squad player (the unsung type who coaches like). He was benched by superior players like Essien, Lampard etc.

So YEAH, I watched EPL regularly then, and he was fringe player there, and he didnt impress to any degree except do his simple and useful part.

Feel free to specify how I am wrong in his special impact with Chelsea, or with Lyon, in which he was a better starter atleast. Its useless to say you dont want to go into the debate, when you exactly do that and call me biased to boot.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
They just said agreement is close.

We have offered 4 year contract and 3.5mln/year and it looks like he(Xabi's agent) accepted.

Now we must talk to Liverpool about :money: of transfer.Looks like they want 25mln and we are ready to offer 18.

I think 19mln should be enough to clinch the deal.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008

We have offered 4 year contract and 3.5mln/year and it looks like he(Xabi's agent) accepted.

Now we must talk to Liverpool about :money: of transfer.Looks like they want 25mln and we are ready to offer 18.

Is it last info? where did you get it? Is it serious? i mean that he accepted?

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
So what is the general consensus on this player? I think it would be a great signing. He is one that can truly boss our midfield. Our very own Pirlo
His passing accuracy at Real Sociedad and Liverpool has been exceptional.

I hope they sign him. He is just the kind of player Juventus need to provide the balls to Trezeguet and co.

Liverpool have said that they will accept £16m. Which is €20m - I think!

Problem is that Xabi stated that he will not make a decision till after Euro 2008 according to stampa.it. I suppose he is awaiting a flood of offers.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006

You are good news my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)