Xabi Alonso (24 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2008
Secco: Xabi Alonso? Better Than Flamini

Secco is currently working on bringing Xabi Alonso to Turin in order to bolster the Bianconeri's midfield ahead of next season, one that will see their return to the Champions League following a two year absence due to the Calciopoli scandal.

"He has something more than Flamini," explained the general director, who defended his decision to stop chasing the new Milan man and instead concentrate all of his attention on Xabi Alonso.

"The technical characteristics of the Spanish player are closer to our needs," he added.

The sensation in the Italian and English media is that an agreement will be reached in the coming days, with a possible fee of 17 million Euros that would satisfy both clubs.

However, Xabi, 26, is said to be happy to remain at Anfield, where he arrived in 2004 from Real Sociedad.

goal.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
They say it's a matter of time.
They can come to 18 mil.i just hope it's euro we area talking about,not sterling.:)

PLZ LET IT BE!!!!!
It's Euro.
Then again, the british pound is at it's lowest these days so i won't be surprised if it's equal to the euro 'till the time we buy Alonso :D
For now 1 eur = 1.25 BP. It used to be 1 eur= 1.6 BP less than a year ago.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
It's Euro.
Then again, the british pound is at it's lowest these days so i won't be surprised if it's equal to the euro 'till the time we buy Alonso :D
For now 1 eur = 1.25 BP. It used to be 1 eur= 1.6 BP less than a year ago.
I see,anyway let it be the lowest:)

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Xabi may be better, one can argue about that but Flamini was for free apart from his wages, for 18million we could have paid him for 3 years plus and I didn't even mention Xabi's wages

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I think he also said that if they want him to go hell take it as a professional, so I really see him wearing a juve shirt.

Great signing, I would love to see everyones reaction towards secco and blanc after this transfer season.

Theyve been doing a good job as of late.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
i dont mind that Xabi doesn't want to leave liverpool, it shows he's a dedicated pro not like amauri. He will leave if its best for the club and he would be ideal for us. Really excited aobut this and I hope we can seal it quickly and not drag it on and let Barca snatch him from us

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
i dont mind that Xabi doesn't want to leave liverpool, it shows he's a dedicated pro not like amauri. He will leave if its best for the club and he would be ideal for us. Really excited aobut this and I hope we can seal it quickly and not drag it on and let Barca snatch him from us
wow, boy, you can look at it that way, yes. But you could also open your eyes and see that in reality, he's not 'dedicated' to pool but wants to 'be persuaded' if you know what i mean. i hope we don't go nuts on this transfer, because i think 18 mio are A LOT really... i don't know if he's worth it, because i can't rate his play but for 18 mio, i think we have a couple of other possibilities.

nkarelis

Jun 2, 2005
wee need a world class cm in our team..a player that can provite a good first pass in front...alonso can do that but i prefer keita more but barca has taken him...secco ur awfull

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
wow, boy, you can look at it that way, yes. But you could also open your eyes and see that in reality, he's not 'dedicated' to pool but wants to 'be persuaded' if you know what i mean. i hope we don't go nuts on this transfer, because i think 18 mio are A LOT really... i don't know if he's worth it, because i can't rate his play but for 18 mio, i think we have a couple of other possibilities.
18 millions is indeed a lot!! I don't know if this will be a smart move to say the truth. He's a WC nodoubt, but 18 millions for a CM :shifty: hope he deserve it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)