Xabi Alonso (3 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not fine, he is a decent player. Luxury squad player who does well enough job when others are injured. Nothing special at all though, just better then most squad players.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Xabi Alonso toward Valencia: Juve lose out?

14:22 del 09 novembre

Foto: Adam Davy / GRAZIA NERI

The Spanish midfielder, Xabi Alonso, could leave Liverpool in January. The Spanish national team player has been in Valencia’s target, that appears to already have an agreement in principle with the British club.

Already this summer the departure of Xabi Alonso seemed imminent. But since Rafael Benitez had been unable to acquire Gareth Barry, in the end the Spaniard remained in England. But the player has not appreciated the fact of being a second choice and his departure seems imminent now. Valencia, as reported in the the Daily Mirror, is now in pole position, also due to Juventus’ 'relaxation' of interest, now that Ranieri is more convinced by Tiago and that Sissoko has integrated well. Is Xabi Alonso no longer needed?

calciomercato

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i guess if tiago does well for the time of our injury crisis, we really dont need to spend big on xabi.

let tiago play his few matches until zanetti recovers and than zanetti, tiago and marchisio can be rotated or share one spot ... while sissoko and poulsen can share a spot in the formation (always remember sissoko will be away during africe cup)...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:agree: Xabi would be great but not for 20 million Euros...will be very interesting to see what Ranieri has planned when all our CMFs get fit :xfinger:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
God let this whole Xabi Alonso epic story end already, i am getting so pissed!!! And i dont remember who gave this idea but i agree 100%.......lets talk about a player after he transfers to Juve and not before!! I hate speculations!!!!!!!!!!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
God let this whole Xabi Alonso epic story end already, i am getting so pissed!!! And i dont remember who gave this idea but i agree 100%.......lets talk about a player after he transfers to Juve and not before!! I hate speculations!!!!!!!!!!
but speculations makes things interesting...:weee:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Xabi Alonso likes Juve option Wednesday 26 November, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus transfer target Xabi Alonso admits he has “not closed the door on Italy” and will consider a Serie A switch.

The Liverpool midfielder was for many months on the verge of joining Juve, but the negotiations eventually collapsed and they went for Tiago Mendes instead.

“Juventus were interested in me last summer. They even came to Liverpool, but these were normal summer negotiations,” confessed Alonso to Sky Italia television.

“Some clubs seek players, others listen to offers, but at the end of the day nothing happened. I do not put much weight on talks, only on things that end up in something concrete.”

However, with an injury crisis wiping out Tiago, Cristiano Zanetti and Christian Poulsen, it is rumoured the Bianconeri could renew that bid in January.

“I have not closed the door on Italy, but I do not exclude the possibility of returning to Spain, staying in Liverpool or coming to Serie A one day. We will see what happens in the future, but right now I have to focus on the present and that is Liverpool.”

Although he would be cup-tied, Alonso is bound to be a valuable addition to the squad that has already qualified for the knockout phase of the Champions League.

“Juve went through some difficult times, but now it is all much better, both domestically and in Europe,” continued the Spaniard.

“It is a solid and compact squad, that is the greatest strength. They also have extraordinary players who can always be decisive at the right moment.”

There are reports Claudio Ranieri nixed the move originally because he considered Alonso to be too slow.

“I will never be the fastest player in a team, but I have other qualities that are more important for my role on the field.”

Channel 4

:yawn:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Xabi Alonso likes Juve option Wednesday 26 November, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus transfer target Xabi Alonso admits he has “not closed the door on Italy” and will consider a Serie A switch.

The Liverpool midfielder was for many months on the verge of joining Juve, but the negotiations eventually collapsed and they went for Tiago Mendes instead.

“Juventus were interested in me last summer. They even came to Liverpool, but these were normal summer negotiations,” confessed Alonso to Sky Italia television.

“Some clubs seek players, others listen to offers, but at the end of the day nothing happened. I do not put much weight on talks, only on things that end up in something concrete.”

However, with an injury crisis wiping out Tiago, Cristiano Zanetti and Christian Poulsen, it is rumoured the Bianconeri could renew that bid in January.

“I have not closed the door on Italy, but I do not exclude the possibility of returning to Spain, staying in Liverpool or coming to Serie A one day. We will see what happens in the future, but right now I have to focus on the present and that is Liverpool.”

Although he would be cup-tied, Alonso is bound to be a valuable addition to the squad that has already qualified for the knockout phase of the Champions League.

“Juve went through some difficult times, but now it is all much better, both domestically and in Europe,” continued the Spaniard.

“It is a solid and compact squad, that is the greatest strength. They also have extraordinary players who can always be decisive at the right moment.”

There are reports Claudio Ranieri nixed the move originally because he considered Alonso to be too slow.

“I will never be the fastest player in a team, but I have other qualities that are more important for my role on the field.”

Channel 4

:yawn:
Recycled interview from July or August.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Recycled interview from July or August.
No. Ranieri only just said that the reason why he choose Poulsen instead of Xabi, was that he thought Xabi was slow. And if you read the whole article, you would know that Xabi replied:

“I will never be the fastest player in a team, but I have other qualities that are more important for my role on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)