Xabi Alonso (12 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What do u think about Arshavin ?
He had a massive tournament at the Euros. I'm probably his biggest critic. I think he has loads of potential. But at the same time the guy is 27 years old. He's been playing in Russia for 10 or so years and no one has found him yet? There has to be a reason for this.

I think he could be great in just about any league. This only thing he's missing is strength and size. If he landed on a team where he wasn't expected to do the brunt of the playmaking, he could be amazing, Barca comes to mind. If went to Spurs where he would have huge expectations from the get go he might have a little difficulty settling in. I think the fact that his team Zenith have such a high valuation of his talent speaks volumes. It's a tricky call here because he could be phenomenal and become a legend, but then again Arshavin is 27 and his clock is ticking. In five years he will be 32 and wrapping up his career so really his window to make in impact is rather short. A shame no one "discovered" him til now.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't know why berbatov is willing to leave, the signings at the club should entice him to stay and lead this team. If he chooses to go its going to be an up hill battle for him at manu lagging behind Tevez and Rooney and dare I say Saha. It's a big gamble for him.

About your team, you'll manage a top 4 finish (4th place) like "always" but you guys should seriously start focusing on the premier league, manure are catching up and fast. It would be wise to start channeling some positive energy on that cup. I don't know how thing go at pool, maybe you guys have the cl as the primary goal this year as well, I wouldn't know.

Anyways, glad to have someone like you here. Brings some wise unbiased takes on the epl.
Berbatov's all-round ability makes him a perfect fit for Man United. Neither Rooney, Tevez, or Saha have his finishing and his ability to make plays. Add to that the money he would get paid in addition to the attraction of playing CL football as a favorite and it isn't hard to see how he could make the switch. If you imagine Ronaldo, Giggs, Nani, Anderson, Evra, scholes, etc feeding Berba the ball on a regular basis you can see how much of a threat he could be. Berbatov to Man United is the one transfer in the EPL this season that I do NOT want to see. I can stand Robinho going to Chelsea but Berbatov to the Mancs would have them almost unbeatable on paper.

As for Pool, CL is not usually our primary goal but by Boxing Day it becomes so. We generally start slow and we have shit upper management within the club, so summers are generally sub par. I mean how do we get outbid for Berbatov by Spurs? How does that shit happen? The odd thing about EPL wins is they seem to be enjoyed in spurts. We were boss for 20 or so seasons, now Manchester has caught up, but before that I think the Manc's were titleless for 20 or so seasons. Bottom line is: We need to make executive changes the board probably needs to step down and unless we get some success in something other than the CL Rafa may need to leave before things get better.

matchyg

Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool fan here, Apparently Alonso has asked to leave Anfield because he's tired of his reputation being smeared and flogged all over Europe, maybe there is a chance for Juventus and Arsenal to sign him. I think it's best for his own career that he goes to Juve or Arsenal anyhow.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Liverpool fan here, Apparently Alonso has asked to leave Anfield because he's tired of his reputation being smeared and flogged all over Europe, maybe there is a chance for Juventus and Arsenal to sign him. I think it's best for his own career that he goes to Juve or Arsenal anyhow.
I don't think juve nor arsenal will invest in him anymore, especially after he played against liege in the cl qualifying game. I don't think we need him here anyways, poulsen will stand on his own.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Xabi's Old Lady obsession
Monday 13 October, 2008
Liverpool's Spanish international midfielder Xabi Alonso confesses he's still hoping to join Juventus.

The talented playmaker was close to moving to Turin in the summer but the Bianconeri opted for Dane Christian Poulsen instead.

However, it is widely believed that the Old Lady will return to the market in January or at the end of the season to reinforce their midfield.

“Juventus are Juventus and they are the most important club in Italy,' Alonso explained.

“Certain things happened in the summer and I appreciated the honesty of the directors at the club.

“They told me that the position they wanted would need me to do different things on the pitch and that they had decided for Poulsen instead of me.

“These things happen in football. I could've signed for Juve but I didn't because they went with someone else.

“However, to be honest, the attraction on my part has remained intact. I like the way that Juve have been building, I like the directors and everything else there.”

Channel4
-----------------

Lol at the bolded part.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont see why its too late to sign him, he is hinting at that while pimping himself out to us at the same time. Our Blanc is really that charming?:D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I dont see why its too late to sign him, he is hinting at that while pimping himself out to us at the same time. Our Blanc is really that charming?:D
At the end of the transfer window i was pretty sure that we're gonna sign him in January for a much lower price than the one asked by Liverpool during the summer. The same thing that happened with Sissoko.

But i see that Xabi is a regular for Liverpool and unlike last year when we didn't play in Europe and we didn't care if a player is cup tied, this time the situation is different. (unless we win the 4th place in our CL group :D )

I still don't exclude the possibility of signing him, but the price will certainly be high. Probably the same that Liverpool asked in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)