Xabi Alonso (13 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
“Juventus are Juventus and they are the most important club in Italy,' Alonso explained.

“Certain things happened in the summer and I appreciated the honesty of the directors at the club.

“They told me that the position they wanted would need me to do different things on the pitch and that they had decided for Poulsen instead of me.

“These things happen in football. I could've signed for Juve but I didn't because they went with someone else.

“However, to be honest, the attraction on my part has remained intact. I like the way that Juve have been building, I like the directors and everything else there.”

Channel4.com

So I wonder what are the board waiting for?

“They told me that the position they wanted would need me to do different things on the pitch and that they had decided for Poulsen instead of me"

Guys, I hate the board!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Sky is reporting the interview as well. Xabi comes off as a true professional. He basically says "Juventus are the biggest team in Italy, who wouldn't want to play for them, but it's hard for me to complain when I play for Liverpool". What a politician. I love my Xabi.:D

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
if what hes saying is true then he just make me hate the board more
sorry but this is not the boards fault,we like to blame secco and the board for everything but if he said that they didnt want a player with his characteristics and the chose poulsen then it mean ranieri didnt want him in the team because he doesnt suit his formation plans
for once:no blame on the board!

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
Alonso quiet on Barca rumours
Reports suggest Reds midfielder could replace Toure

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has refused to speculate on rumours claiming he is being lined up as a potential replacement for Yaya Toure at Barcelona.

Alonso was strongly linked with a transfer to Juventus over the summer, but a move to Serie A failed to materialise.

Reports emanating from Spain have suggested the 26-year-old could be a target of Barca with Ivory Coast international Toure unhappy with his inconsistent role at Camp Nou.

It is suggested Barca could swoop for Alonso if Toure, who has been linked with Arsenal and Juve in the past, demands a move in the January transfer window.

Alonso, who signed at Anfield from Real Sociedad in 2004, told the Spanish media: "I am content at Liverpool and I have still not decided on a concrete date for my return to Primera Liga."

Sky Sports

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
They can have Xabi as long as they give us Xavi:D
But seriously, it would really be comical if we get Yaya while Alonso goes to Barca...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)