Xabi Alonso (8 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Haven't you think the possibility that alonso coul simply be on holidays???

On Pinzolo are only our players who didn't play in the last euro. The others are still in on holiday. So Alonso may be still on holiday too. Lets wait Bifon, Del Piero, Chiellini, Camo, Melberg and Grygera to come back and i have the feeling that then we will have more news from Alonso...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I don't like Poulsen either, but if he's coming WITH alonso, then we're really doing a great job at the mercato. As far as i'm concerned, i'll stay tuned.
Remember that we gave away a DM (nocerino) and that we're left with one only DM (sissoko). With ranieri, who ALWAYS plays at least one DM, we NEED another DM, and i'm afraid to say that poulsen may even be a good solution then. I just read about seviglia possibly taking almiron and that would lower the price of poulsen to 3.5 million € (with 3mio salary). that's a decent deal...

I was against the signing of poulsen because i believed a regista (alonso) to be more important, but if both come, then i could live with that... We all have to keep in mind that we're playing 3 competitions, and that we have in our midfield Nedved, Camo and Zanetti, who are getting older an more injury prone / less fitter. Sissoko, who is suspension prone (and, as we see just now, also not 100% fit), and Marchionni and Giovinco, who are not very experienced. Someone like poulsen, who can do the dirty work is not that unnecessary.....

The only wish i have is to sign alonso along with whoever they want. I don't rate Alonso as the key to our success, because you have to keep in mind that he's benched in both pool and Spain NT, and they surely have a reason to. But Alonso could open up our midfield, and give us plenty of possibilities to rotate our midfield. I see giovinco for example better in cooperation with Alonso than without a CM...

We'll see. The media is going crazy right now about our transfers, and the first articles start to surface about what was hinted yesterday, that both will be coming. Ranieri said he wants the squad complete on Tuesday, and Tuesday is supposed to be THE day both are coming... we'll have to wait another few days.
I disagree, we dont need Poulsen if we sign Alonso and thats exactly what our managers said!!
If we sign Alonso, that means we will play with one DM and one CM.
We have Sissoko, Zanetti as pure DMs and Marchisio as a back up DM because he can be both DM and CM, the DM is fully covered!!
But the CM position is not that covered, with Alonso and Tiago?? as our main CM
and Marchisio and possibly Giovinco as back up solutions!
Since Giovinco is likely to play on our left wing helping Neddy, cause we have no other Left winger and Tiago is likely to go, we might need another back up CM, def not another DM
our DMs and CMs willl have to face the same numbers of competitions and the same quality of opposition. If we bring Alonso and use one DM and one CM,
wasting so much much money for Poulsen wouldnt be wise!!

But lets keep it real, we are buying one 10+mil midfielder,
it is either a DM or CM, the CM we are aiming for happens to be much better player than a random DM like Poulsen and if we get Alonso, he will change the way our team plays!
Poulsen will ruin our summer mercato, no matter how you see it, he is a bad choice from any view...
If money is such an issue for us, we better keep them and invest more and better when we will raise more, we shouldnt just waste them for the sake of it.
Poulsen's transfer is happening only for our managers to boast a transfer...

unless we retire our wingers and play a 4-3-3 with two DMs

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
I disagree, we dont need Poulsen if we sign Alonso and thats exactly what our managers said!!
If we sign Alonso, that means we will play with one DM and one CM.
We have Sissoko, Zanetti as pure DMs and Marchisio as a back up DM because he can be both DM and CM, the DM is fully covered!!
But the CM position is not that covered, with Alonso and Tiago?? as our main CM
and Marchisio and possibly Giovinco as back up solutions!
Since Giovinco is likely to play on our left wing helping Neddy, cause we have no other Left winger and Tiago is likely to go, we might need another back up CM, def not another DM
our DMs and CMs willl have to face the same numbers of competitions and the same quality of opposition. If we bring Alonso and use one DM and one CM,
wasting so much much money for Poulsen wouldnt be wise!!

But lets keep it real, we are buying one 10+mil midfielder,
it is either a DM or CM, the CM we are aiming for happens to be much better player than a random DM like Poulsen and if we get Alonso, he will change the way our team plays!
Poulsen will ruin our summer mercato, no matter how you see it, he is a bad choice from any view...
If money is such an issue for us, we better keep them and invest more and better when we will raise more, we shouldnt just waste them for the sake of it.
Poulsen's transfer is happening only for our managers to boast a transfer...
check pm

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
Juve To Sign Both Poulsen & Alonso?
According to Tuttosport, Juventus may be set to sign both Christian Poulsen and Xabi Alonso.

The Bianconeri are well known to be in the market for a centre midfielder, and one top-class name will certainly arrive before the start of the new season.

Juve have been in negotiations to sign both Poulsen and Alonso recently, but it was originally thought that only one would be arriving in Turin, most likely the former.

However, Tuttosport claims that the Old Lady may actually bring both midfielders to the Stadio Olimpico.

Sporting director Alessio Secco spent the whole of yesterday in Spain, first in Seville to continue his negotiations for Poulsen, and then in the Basque Country, which is where Alonso is from.

Secco is said to have made an agreement with both players, and all that is required to complete the deal is for a transfer fee to be agreed.

This should not prove too troublesome with Sevilla, who are demanding €10m, while Juve want to pay €8m. However trying to arrange a fee with Liverpool for Alonso is proving very troublesome, with both club’s estimations still far apart.

Gianni Wilson
goal.com

this would make more sense (thinking about the surprise gigli talked about)

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
;) ;) ;)

Juve To Sign Both Poulsen & Alonso?
According to Tuttosport, Juventus may be set to sign both Christian Poulsen and Xabi Alonso.

The Bianconeri are well known to be in the market for a centre midfielder, and one top-class name will certainly arrive before the start of the new season.

Juve have been in negotiations to sign both Poulsen and Alonso recently, but it was originally thought that only one would be arriving in Turin, most likely the former.

However, Tuttosport claims that the Old Lady may actually bring both midfielders to the Stadio Olimpico.

Sporting director Alessio Secco spent the whole of yesterday in Spain, first in Seville to continue his negotiations for Poulsen, and then in the Basque Country, which is where Alonso is from.

Secco is said to have made an agreement with both players, and all that is required to complete the deal is for a transfer fee to be agreed.

This should not prove too troublesome with Sevilla, who are demanding €10m, while Juve want to pay €8m. However trying to arrange a fee with Liverpool for Alonso is proving very troublesome, with both club’s estimations still far apart.

Gianni Wilson
goal.com

this would make more sense (thinking about the surprise gigli talked about)
This will be a dream. And if we will take poulsen with 3 mils + almiron our board will have no excuses to sign only him...

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I Think Zanetti is a just good player and nothing more. I hope you are correct and he play well for us...
Zanetti has been one of our best players the last 2 seasons. IMO he was our best midfielder the last season. I would hate to see him lose his place to Poulsen, but Alonso is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)