Worst and Best Major Airports You've Been To (1 Viewer)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This August? I was there last September and the only thing they could offer me was a smoking booth inside a restaurant that wouldn't let you use it without shipping off 12 bucks for a latté.
Yeah.

I think I know what restaurant you're talking about. These however were by the gates. Big glass islands right in the middle.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
a) No sleeping pods. This is one of the busiest fucking airports in the world. The busiest in terms of international air traffic infact. There are tons of people with lengthy layovers. Have some sleeping pods on the fucking airport. Not everyone is going to move out of the airport and get a hotel room.
Don't they have a Yotel there? It's not as expensive as hotels and you don't have to step out of the airport. I spend more than a day inside Heathrow because their conveyor belts stopped working after a software upgrade :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Or 'Fuckfort', as I believe swag eloquently put it yesterday.
Yeah, Fuckfort's is pretty weak in terms of European airport standards, IMO.

India has to have some of the worst airports in the world in terms of pure filth
Agreed on that.

Some other gems of my past experience include Newark, St. Louis, Paris CDG can be piss-poor in some ways, and NYC La Guardia and JFK are both pretty rank.

My surprise?: Hong Kong. Yes, it's clean, modern, and full of amenities like checking in your bags 20 miles away in the subway station. But it's just too colossally huge and complicated for what's really warranted for the city.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Anyone been to any of the airports that have stupidly dangerous looking descents?

Do they seem as bad in person as they do when watching footage of them?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:shocked: hong kong? you referring to the 'new' airport?
I was, btw.

Anyone been to any of the airports that have stupidly dangerous looking descents?

Do they seem as bad in person as they do when watching footage of them?
Oh yeah. San Diego. :heart: Planes drop out of the sky to clear a 5-story parking garage at the edge of the airport, which has only one approach. Not to mention the mountains and serious winds around it that make it one of the most dangerous landings in the U.S.

My wife and I once just walked up to the parking structure to watch the planes barely clear it for landings ... it was a pretty awesome afternoon. :D

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I tend to fly first thing am or last thing pm depending on the time zone i'm traveling to, mostly first thing in the am. The worst i had to put up with is Sydney and LAX, both locked the whole airport down at night, no amenities - madness. Most boring hours of my life. UK airports suck on account of cost, but with the recent renovations at most they tend to have decent amenities open all night.

American airports tend to suck balls in general, landing is fine but checking in is a fucking pain is arse.

Apr 15, 2006
american airports are pretty anal about security, but really it's not hard to figure out.
I thought the security at SF wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Security personnel were nice abs didn't make me go through any inconvenience. On the other hand, the Dubai airport security was worse. What's the point of making us remove our shoes specifically?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I thought the security at SF wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Security personnel were nice abs didn't make me go through any inconvenience. On the other hand, the Dubai airport security was worse. What's the point of making us remove our shoes specifically?
BOMBS NIGGA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)