World Cup Lounge (6 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
axlrose85 said:
i see you're assuming that it will be a holland-england quarterfinal:p

and isnt crouch starting?
Eriksson is being a nobhead as usual, changing to 4-5-1 with Rooneyon his own upfront, hargreaves at right back and Carrick centre mid. Seems a bit random considering Rooney is never going to be able to play the target man role, he likes dropping back into midfield, so like a 4-6-0 formation. :disagree:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Yeah, I know, thats where he plays for his club. He's versatile and everything but right back certainly ain't his best position. Sven is just in love with him for some reason and he has to be in the team.. :confused:

I can't wait for Gary Neville to come back but even Carragher is far superior at right back to hargreaves.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
risks can pay off at times.but even if they dont.all wont be lost.some english footballers might be able to join the cricket team temporarily to help out with the injuries:D

crouch might make harmison proud:D..who i heard,was a part of newcastle's academy.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It ain't an easy match for England.
@Tom...don't you think Lampard had a better performance against Sweden(where Gerrard was benched)?
they both are great players but I somehow think both of them miss part of their abilities when they're playing with each other.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
hello guys!
yesterday I saw the awesome match between Argentina and Mexico.
It was so special and the atmosphere was even better than the atmosphere in Hamburg (I watched the game Italy-CZE).

But I start at another point:
I arrvied earlier with my father, to watch at a pbulic viewing area the game from my national team against SWE. But just 10m before we arrived we heard this from (Sebi listen) "Eins Zwei Polizei": "Please, all visitors which want to watch the game dont enter the public viewing area! it is sold out!" .....perfect! 12min. to kick off and me and my father outside....:tdown: :disagree:
we turned away and went back to the train and heard antoher announce :"But all the visitors with a ticket for the second 1/8final match between ARG-MEX can watch the game in the Stadium!" ok! that was realy perfect!
So we had 10min. left to get to the stadium!

we needed much more! 15min. we didnt see the first goal! we only listen to the crowd which was in the stadium (not much only 300!)
than we find our seats and enjoyed the game! it was awesome because this stadium is a realy beautie one!

here the first impressions:
first pic: this was the vid-wall where I watched the game! 150meters away!
second: tahts a pic from my seat! what a view!
third: my father in front of the stadium! :D
fourth: another view!

more pics to follow!

Sep 28, 2002
Tom said:
wow, some serious Crouchophobia on here today. Don't worry boys and girls the Crouchmeister will not be unleashed until late second half, where he will come off the bench, singlehandedly turn the game around and score a stunning winner with the back of his head.... with his eyes closed! :eek:

What a champion :touched: :D
im actually hoping for hattrick of bicycle kicks.

anyway, forza crouchaldinho!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
king Ale said:
It ain't an easy match for England.
@Tom...don't you think Lampard had a better performance against Sweden(where Gerrard was benched)?
they both are great players but I somehow think both of them miss part of their abilities when they're playing with each other.
I think he did alright against Sweden. I'm not sure the problem is Gerrard though, Lampard's form has been on the slide worryingly in the premiership last season. He started off absolutely awesome, scoring more than a goal a game for a lot of matches, then gradually his shooting and influence on games wore off.

I do think they can play together, they just need more games, which I suppose is no good, the world cup is not the place o have more games together. You see Germany as an example, Frings and Ballack, one always stays back the other goes forward. They have a telepathic understanding, which takes games to achieve. We're almost there but I still think the main issue is Lampard's own form. Gerrard is on fire, no worries there.

Anyway it will be interesting to see how it all works today with Carrick in there too. May just give Lamps the freedom he needs to go and express himself. Or it may backfire horribly, hopefully its the former.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
Holdon said:
The only thing that can beat England today will be the hot weather, while they haven't been too impressive, they're better than Ecuador.
and believe me! it is more than hot! its realy realy hot out there in berlin!!:agree:

Go Ecuador!

Geof

May 14, 2004
Tom said:
Eriksson is being a nobhead as usual, changing to 4-5-1 with Rooneyon his own upfront, hargreaves at right back and Carrick centre mid. Seems a bit random considering Rooney is never going to be able to play the target man role, he likes dropping back into midfield, so like a 4-6-0 formation. :disagree:
agree. Rooney doesn't fit that job. Theo Walcott should be fielded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)