World Cup Lounge (5 Viewers)

Geof

May 14, 2004
I was watching the half time talks on BBC.
Reguarding the light push on Joe Cole when he headed in the box (on the Becks-Gerrard FK), they were like: "that's brilliant defending!" instead of calling for a penalty.
I don't think that's something you'd hear on an Italian show.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
When will Sven realise that the 4-5-1 doesn't work for England? They look so average out there it's unbelieveable. The service to Rooney just hasn't been there and the only players who look like they might pose a threat to Ecuador are IMO Joe Cole and Michael Carrick. They haven't been heavily involved but no one really has for England and unlike the other men in Sven's midfield, Cole and Carrick are actually somewhat inventive. Carrick nearly split the Ecuador defence twice with intelligent passes and if he finds his range in the second half he can make a difference. If I was Sven I'd bring in Crouch or maybe even Walcott for Beckham, move Gerrard out to the right and play 4-4-2.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I saw the formation before the game and Ericsson started with Hargreaves as a left defensive mid,so there are Terry,Ferdinand and A.Cole back,that is for now if he doesn't change something.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
giovanotti said:
I saw the formation before the game and Ericsson started with Hargreaves as a left defensive mid,so there are Terry,Ferdinand and A.Cole back,that is for now if he doesn't change something.
Hargreaves is playing right back.

1-0 England. Great free kick by Becks.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stuart said:
Hargreaves is playing right back.

1-0 England. Great free kick by Becks.
Yes ,Isaw it now and was about to tell you....but they started with 3 man in the defence,that's for sure.

I think that Ecuador is a poor team.....even Poland would endager English team more than Ecuador.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
giovanotti said:
Yes ,Isaw it now and was about to tell you....but they started with 3 man in the defence,that's for sure.

I think that Ecuador is a poor team.....even Poland would endager English team more than Ecuador.
Hargreaves has been playing right back all game long.

Good save by Robinson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)