World Cup Lounge (3 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Morra10 said:
u mean round of 16 and i think australia has a better chance now to qualify then croatia
That's 1/8 fin:)

I don't think that,I think Croatia will beat Australia...and both Japan and Australia will lose against Brazil.But anything can happen,so every possibility left opened..anyhow I think that we just watched the game of the teams that will qualify from the group F.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i would not like azzurri to meet hiddink again :scared:

yeah i know azzurri is better in every position, but hiddink is smart coach and players might underestimate australia.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
giovanotti said:
Lippi underestimates noone.;)

true, lippi reads the matches carefully and depending on the upcoming opponenet sets his formation, and tactics. he def do not under estimate any one. he is a world class coach ( which he was still with juventus)

i think australia and croatia have equal chances to qualify as second place from this group but i think croatia will make it, they really impressed me last night.

we need to understand that, true brazil is very strong but its not invincsible, they r beatable, brazil played a good game not there best but there are several reasons for that one of which ism the amount of spot light focused on them months before they even got to german soil.

france oh god, just soooooooooooooooo poooooooooooor on the field and the coach is held responsible for the wrong formatation, the wrong players to start with ( getting saha in instead of trezgooool is plain stupid ) , and def for the names he did'nt get in to this squad e.g guily

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Morra10 said:
not even close.......i will take both rigth and left backs cafu and r. carlos from brazil.. i will take ronnie over anybody on the french team and same goes for kaka. i will take emerson as well. and up front seeing how then french only field one striker i will take adriano over wiltord.

the only players i would actually take from france would be thuram and henry the rest im fielding would be from brazil

mmh ok so lets see, i might give you cafu but R. Carlos?? you have to be kidding me

Dida > Coupet/barthez

Cafu > gallas

Lucio < Thuram

Juan < Abidal

R Carlos < Sagnol

Emerson < Makelele

Ze Roboerto < Malouda

Kaka > Ribery

Ronaldinho > Zidane

Adriano < Henry

Ronaldo < Trez

Thats 7-4 to the french, and FYI wiltord played in the middle today

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
At the moment i am reading a book by Paddy Agnew called Forza Italia - A journey in search of Italy and its football (a great read). In it he talks about the 1982 italian world cup win and a spirit within the squad of "us against the world" attitude. The more they were criticised the better they played.

I reckon the italian squad has this mentality now because of what is happening in Italy at the moment.

So I am off to the bookies to put some money on Italy to win the competition. They certainly have the players to do it.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
well france well dreadful and if there is not massive changes in the next match (trezi in and probably dhorasoo)then you know its a personal favouritism by domenech, when the score is tied 0-0 and henry is being anulled by your own impotent tactics tehn you need to bring in trezi. henry is not given the same freedom to move as he is by wenger and has to play right up top, he has no movement from midfield as support and he is marked tightly, this is the way france always play henry and you think they would have learned by now.
croatia were very good defensively and shock horror....robert kovac actually can pass the ball, though by passing i mean playing the ball on the deck and not lumped forward to a lumbering frontman (taking notes F.Capello???) howver brazil never got out of second gear all game and there has to be better from them.
before the tournament i said that i thought that if the czech's finish second athey could upset brazil, now i am certain they can beat brazil but you wonder how much of a blow it is to lose their top forward and their outlet when its not going to plan.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
giovanotti said:
That's 1/8 fin:)

I don't think that,I think Croatia will beat Australia...and both Japan and Australia will lose against Brazil.But anything can happen,so every possibility left opened..anyhow I think that we just watched the game of the teams that will qualify from the group F.
No team should win against Brazil, which makes that game quite pointless. While the matches between Japan, Australia and Croatia are crucial, which puts Australia up front for now.

Croatia got a long way to go, they can't lose another game and everybody knows Australia got at least as much quality players as Croatia and Hiddink is a hell of a coach. Japan is not to be counted out yet either, they have given Brazil quite the challenge before and might be able to do it again. Especially when Croatia has revealed the teams weaknesess. It will also be interesting to see how Croatia will handle the pace of the Japanese players.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Katil said:
No team should win against Brazil, which makes that game quite pointless. While the matches between Japan, Australia and Croatia are crucial, which puts Australia up front for now.

Croatia got a long way to go, they can't lose another game and everybody knows Australia got at least as much quality players as Croatia and Hiddink is a hell of a coach. Japan is not to be counted out yet either, they have given Brazil quite the challenge before and might be able to do it again. Especially when Croatia has revealed the teams weaknesess. It will also be interesting to see how Croatia will handle the pace of the Japanese players.
I think that Croatia deserve to progress thru the group stage!They were great against Brazil.I think that they can repeat another great show against Japan and again against Australia.
So I expect Croatia and Brasil in the 1/8 fin.

What are the Croatian weaknesess,you said they revaled?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i think croatia weakness lies in itsa mid field they have no strong play maker, and they dont have much options up front. if u were to replace croatia with italy or the czech rep this game would've been an upsetter for the brazilians.

i personally dont think this world cup will end up with brazil despite them having 23 world class players in the team.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
juve_ruler said:
i think croatia weakness lies in itsa mid field they have no strong play maker, and they dont have much options up front. if u were to replace croatia with italy or the czech rep this game would've been an upsetter for the brazilians.

i personally dont think this world cup will end up with brazil despite them having 23 world class players in the team.
Despite that,I think that it was undeserved win for Brasil.
Who knows about Brasil,maybe it was just worming up....

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
may be they were we will have to wait till the next round and see how they do with stronger teams.

i was laughing my heart out at the amount of contradiction shown in the media over here regarding one player and its no surprise for me. the commentators here were talking about ronaldo as if he is the player who has the keys of victory in his pocket, and despite ronaldo being plain rubbish they kept saying peoms about him after the game. ronaldo looked fat and heavy as ever, he kept losing the ball alot and no wonder he had to replace him with robinho who did'nt get much time really to coz problems for kovac and co.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
juve_ruler said:
may be they were we will have to wait till the next round and see how they do with stronger teams.

i was laughing my heart out at the amount of contradiction shown in the media over here regarding one player and its no surprise for me. the commentators here were talking about ronaldo as if he is the player who has the keys of victory in his pocket, and despite ronaldo being plain rubbish they kept saying peoms about him after the game. ronaldo looked fat and heavy as ever, he kept losing the ball alot and no wonder he had to replace him with robinho who did'nt get much time really to coz problems for kovac and co.
You're right,Ronaldo showed nothing.
The most important thing is that I didn't see the "Brasilian magic",last night,and I'm happy...it showes that they can be stopped!

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
ZhiXin said:
Controversy: Penalty awarded to Torres after an "apparent kick" on him

Can some1 confirm with me on this?

It was a shocking decision! The defender tugged on torres shorts for all like a second the torres carried on running looked up a literally passed the ball to the keeper a crap effort. then the ref blamed it on the tug on his shorts which was nearly a min before torres struck the ball. Ludacris decision! Dodgy ref, also the linesman stopped shevchenko through on goal and flagged for offside when the dozy lino himself couldnt keep up with play. Blame it on the heat i guess, just like the england team did against the paraguayans! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)