World Cup Formations Thread (2 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
Oh no, I'm actually very fond of Italian arrogance :D. To us, Flemish, "Randstad arrogance" is what I would call "Zlatan arrogance". Not only unjustified, but also very unstylish and even clumsy.
I would agree with your definition of Randstad arrogance. Everytime I go back to The Hague from Zeeland, I encounter it and see absolutely no foundations for it. If anything; this part of the country is the absolute ugliest. Some humbleness would be greatly appreciated and very fitting.

But the same can be said for Italian arrogance in many cases. You'll find it may have different historical causes, but that doesn't mean it can't get extremely annoying.

Of course there are deeper motives behind it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Besides this doesn't mean I can't like Dutch people. It's also not the fact that the Dutch nation would be proud if Holland were to win the WC, it's that annoying "party attitude" some Dutch have. Somehow painting the town orange is annoying to me while the Spanish, Italian and Brazilian can have whatever festa they want :D.

This attitude is even strengthened by your players if I might add, Kluivert, Seedorf, Davids (I actually do like him) and Van Nistelrooij haven't aided your case.

I wouldn't know if that part about active hatred is actually true. To me the 29th of June was sweet because it was an historical Italian victory, and yes, also because the Dutch were so confident to win. I would probably have had just as much fun had it been England or Germany though.
"if Holland were to win the WC"

I wouldn't worry about that :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Martin said:
common where?
Well, I admit there are quite a few Polish in Antwerp, and they don't exactly have a great name I'm afraid, but I hear Marcin quite often. I'd imagine Germans know the name as well.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Seven said:
Well, I admit there are quite a few Polish in Antwerp, and they don't exactly have a great name I'm afraid, but I hear Marcin quite often. I'd imagine Germans know the name as well.
Right. Well obviously it's common in Poland, it was just about the most common at the time it was awarded to me from what I hear. But in Norway (and I imagine in Holland as well) it's as common as Z12aUx9e.

Btw I know of a Polish guy in Antwerp who is my age and has he same name (last met him when I was 2).

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Erik, what ever happened to the star of that video I took 2 years to upload for you, Daniel de Ridder? I liked what I saw from him (not just in said video).

Korea: (proposed)

----------------------------------Jo Jae Jin--------------------

--------------Park Ju-Young--------------------Lee Chun Soo

---------------------------------Park Ji Sung-----------------

-----------------Kim Nam Il-------------------Lee Ho--------

------Lee Young Pyo-------Kim Jin Kyu------Choi Jin Cheul-----Jo Won Hee

-------------------------------Lee Woon Jae-------------------

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
gray said:
Erik, what ever happened to the star of that video I took 2 years to upload for you, Daniel de Ridder? I liked what I saw from him (not just in said video).

Korea: (proposed)

----------------------------------Jo Jae Jin--------------------

--------------Park Ju-Young--------------------Lee Chun Soo

---------------------------------Park Ji Sung-----------------

-----------------Kim Nam Il-------------------Lee Ho--------

------Lee Young Pyo-------Kim Jin Kyu------Choi Jin Cheul-----Jo Won Hee

-------------------------------Lee Woon Jae-------------------
Van Basten didn't call him up :sad: He's currently in Portugal with the U-21 squad

Seven said:
Where's your twelfth man? Also known as the ref.
Let it go. I thought you were supposed to have class?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
Let it go. I thought you were supposed to have class?
I'm afraid I will never recover from that horrible episode. It's just that when I finally started dealing with what that ref did to Italy, I was cheering for Spain. Needless to say I lost my belief in "human errors" that day. As Hierro put it nicely: "as a football player, one can only hope those were honest mistakes..".

I realise it might be incorrect, as no doubt Fifa and Blatter were wholly responsible for this "World Cup" and the "mistakes" that occurred in it, I still want Korea to be humiliated this time around. Especially after they all agreed with Hiddink that "the Italians and Spaniards are just sore losers.". Hell, I'd go as far as saying I want to get even.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Fair enough. Hell, I'd easily admit on the spot that 2002 was the worst excuse for a Football World Cup I have ever seen (and I think I might just have seen all of them on VHS).

It's been argued that we (Holland) lost the world cup final to Argentina in '78 because the regime at the time had been clear about what it would do to the Dutch team and fans if they were to stop Argentina from winning. Whatever, it's in the past now...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Seven said:
I'm afraid I will never recover from that horrible episode. It's just that when I finally started dealing with what that ref did to Italy, I was cheering for Spain. Needless to say I lost my belief in "human errors" that day. As Hierro put it nicely: "as a football player, one can only hope those were honest mistakes..".

I realise it might be incorrect, as no doubt Fifa and Blatter were wholly responsible for this "World Cup" and the "mistakes" that occurred in it, I still want Korea to be humiliated this time around. Especially after they all agreed with Hiddink that "the Italians and Spaniards are just sore losers.". Hell, I'd go as far as saying I want to get even.
:agree:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
Fair enough. Hell, I'd easily admit on the spot that 2002 was the worst excuse for a Football World Cup I have ever seen (and I think I might just have seen all of them on VHS).

It's been argued that we (Holland) lost the world cup final to Argentina in '78 because the regime at the time had been clear about what it would do to the Dutch team and fans if they were to stop Argentina from winning. Whatever, it's in the past now...
I think you can be pretty sure of that. But I still like Kempes.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Seven said:
Where's your twelfth man? Also known as the ref.
They lost that advantage....it was once in a lifetime thing:p

We kicked there ass home and away in the qualifications;)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Seven said:

Interesting that people are still moaning about that and 'fair play' and the like... Yet i dont see anyone mentioning or bemoaning the fact that Paolo Bergamo, A man under investigation for match fixing and numerous other related offences is on the fifa referees committee for the upcoming world cup... A corupt man who will be a key part in the selection of referees at this world cup....

Or is it ok if these things happen to be in italy's favour ?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Respaul said:
Interesting that people are still moaning about that and 'fair play' and the like... Yet i dont see anyone mentioning or bemoaning the fact that Paolo Bergamo, A man under investigation for match fixing and numerous other related offences is on the fifa referees committee for the upcoming world cup... A corupt man who will be a key part in the selection of referees at this world cup....

Or is it ok if these things happen to be in italy's favour ?
I noticed that too. Of course it isn't right, yet moaning about reality is more sensible than moaning about a hypothesis. After all, things could work out just fine. And anyway, if Italy would get two very questionable calls that allow them to win against Korea, I wouldn't feel bad for a second.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #78
    Michel's Cote D'Ivoire

Tizie

Eboue - Kolo Toure - Meite - Boka

Fae - Zokora - Yaya Toure - Akale

Drogba - Kone

Watch out for Didier Zokora, perhaps one of the most anticipated players of the tournament. This team obviously looks fast and talented, however they could suffer from the usual African choking syndrome.

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
    Andy said:
    Michel's Cote D'Ivoire

Tizie

Eboue - Kolo Toure - Meite - Boka

Fae - Zokora - Yaya Toure - Akale

Drogba - Kone

Watch out for Didier Zokora, perhaps one of the most anticipated players of the tournament. This team obviously looks fast and talented, however they could suffer from the usual African choking syndrome.

Watch out for Kone.... he is a demon on pitch.. and is so freakin fast...

My formation of spain:

Casillas

Pablo----Puyol----Ramos----Del horno

Xabi Alonso----Xavi

Joaquin---------------Reyes

Torres-----Villa​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)