World Cup Formations Thread (2 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
I think you're going down big time. In four years time, Belgium will beat you guys.
I don't doubt that

Seven said:
Anyway, Serbia and Montenegro and Cote d'Ivoire are in for loads of fun. I can already see Van Basten mumbling "Klaas-Jan... I should've...Klaas-Jan" :D.
Just as I read that, Vennegoor of Hesselink sent a ball flying into outer space three feet from the goal in a friendly against Mexico :howler:

Dominic said:
Despite our small size, in football our country is definately a big one, Erik. Though the Netherlands are surely overrated, our country certainly is to be considered one of the 'major' footballing nations.
You can't be both overrated and major, make up your mind and drop the paradox

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
I don't doubt that

Just as I read that, Vennegoor of Hesselink sent a ball flying into outer space three feet from the goal in a friendly against Mexico :howler:

You can't be both overrated and major, make up your mind and drop the paradox
Seeing you study languages I'm sure you understand what is completely wrong with that sentence. If it's a paradox, you CAN be both overrated and major :D.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
Seeing you study languages I'm sure you understand what is completely wrong with that sentence. If it's a paradox, you CAN be both overrated and major :D.
A paradox is a contradiction:

Overrated <> major (in this case implying 'good' or 'among the best')

And I don't study languages, don't be silly, who would do that? One of my classmates actually studies Italian. By learning how meewerkende voorwerpen relate to contractions of lidwoorden. I don't do that shit. I'm like a parrot; I hear how people use the language and it sticks. I don't bother with grammar. I don't even know what the above grammar terms are in English :D

EDIT: Wait, I got it now. He said our country is considered to be among major footballing nations. My bad.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
A paradox is a contradiction:

Overrated <> major (in this case implying 'good' or 'among the best')

And I don't study languages, don't be silly, who would do that? I figured that out last autumn: one of my classmates actually studies Italian. By learning how meewerkende voorwerpen relate to contractions of lidwoorden. I don't do that shit. I'm like a parrot; I hear how people use the language and it sticks. I don't bother with grammar. I don't even know what the above grammar terms are in English :D

EDIT: Wait, I got it now. He said our country is considered to be among major footballing nations. My bad.
Sorry, Erik, but a paradox isn't a contradiction. From Wikipedia, which is actually right for once: "The word paradox is often used interchangeably and wrongly with contradiction; but where a contradiction by definition cannot be true, many paradoxes do allow for resolution, though many remain unresolved or only contentiously resolved, such as Curry's paradox". There you go.

Anyway, actually studying languages is indeed insane. As proven over and over again by my Latin and Greek teachers.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
Sorry, Erik, but a paradox isn't a contradiction. From Wikipedia, which is actually right for once: "The word paradox is often used interchangeably and wrongly with contradiction; but where a contradiction by definition cannot be true, many paradoxes do allow for resolution, though many remain unresolved or only contentiously resolved, such as Curry's paradox". There you go.

Anyway, actually studying languages is indeed insane. As proven over and over again by my Latin and Greek teachers.
That's right, a contradiction that is true. A contradiction isn't necessarily impossible. If it's impossible or indeed not the case, we call it a contradiction, if it is possible or the case, we refer to it as paradox.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=paradox

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
That's right, a contradiction that is true. A contradiction isn't necessarily impossible. If it's impossible or indeed not the case, we call it a contradiction, if it is possible or the case, we refer to it as paradox.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=paradox
That seems like we were both in the right, however, contradiction would have been a better choice of words I guess.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
That seems like we were both in the right, however, contradiction would have been a better choice of words I guess.
I tend not to pay a great deal of attention to my word choice on an internet forum. I apologise :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
I tend not to pay a great deal of attention to my word choice on an internet forum. I apologise :D
I tend to pay more attenton to my word choice on an internet forum then I do in everyday life though. Which, come to think of it, has not exactly saved me from a lot of problems :D.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
I tend to pay more attenton to my word choice on an internet forum then I do in everyday life though. Which, come to think of it, has not exactly saved me from a lot of problems :D.
On the bright side; this revelation had best come before your Italian oral exam rather than after

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
On the bright side; this revelation had best come before your Italian oral exam rather than after
True that, true that. If only I can overcome la strega di Padova. I'm still not over the fact that there's going to be one student and three professors :D. Two which have to come all the way from Brussels by train.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
True that, true that. If only I can overcome la strega di Padova.
Good nickname. One nazi Italian teacher of ours we used to refer to as "La ssserpente Calabriana" (she was vicious and lisped, we had no other option, really :D)

I'm still not over the fact that there's going to be one student and three professors :D. Two which have to come all the way from Brussels by train.
Holy m that's insane! Oh the pressure

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Seven said:
----------------------Buffon --------------------

Zaccardo---Nesta----Cannavaro--Zambrotta

---Camoranesi-----Pirlo-------De Rossi-------

---------------------Totti-------------------------

-----------------------------------Del Piero------

-----------Toni-----------------------------------
that's my formation

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
---------------------Buffon
--Zambrotta-----Nesta-----Canavaro----Grosso
-------camoranesi------Pirlo----Gattuso
------------Totti------------Del piero
--------------------Toni

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
Good nickname. One nazi Italian teacher of ours we used to refer to as "La ssserpente Calabriana" (she was vicious and lisped, we had no other option, really :D)

Holy m that's insane! Oh the pressure

I know :lazy: I'm off to it right now.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
De Rossi over Pirlo anyday anytime.
I think that there are games where Pirlo´s qualitys are more asked. he can play better passes and be like a regiseur. but for defensive works De rossi is surly better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)