World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well actually back in time the king of Saudi Arabia chose to go back to the Bedouin life and stopped the petrol supply to America and Europe, but then he was assassinated by the united states. Get your history right before you speak.

We'd go back proudly. But if we do then you people cant live without our petrol.
:lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'll bite. So what is the export article that countries whose entire economy currently depends on oil will live off once their oil is up?
There's no reason why they can't diversify their sources of income, and that is the direction Dubai is taking already, with Abu Dhabi following suit.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Sooner or later the rest will follow suit. They all recognize that depending on revenue from oil exports is not sustainable in the long term.
Yeah, that's what I said. In fact I worry about the same thing. Norway being the welfare state and continually in the top 5 of various life quality rankings is thanks to the oil industry which got started only a few decades ago. Prior to that Norway was nothing special at all.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
I dont have anything against americans, I know you find it funny because you guys have six flags and are all having fun in disney land and shit so you wouldn't know about these stories.

But please please don't act smart as if you're sure I'm bull shiting because half of America don't know where America is on the map.

Read and learn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faisal_of_Saudi_Arabia

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I dont have anything against americans, I know you find it funny because you guys have six flags and are all having fun in disney land and shit so you wouldn't know about these stories.

But please please don't act smart as if you're sure I'm bull shiting because half of America don't know where America is on the map.

Read and learn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faisal_of_Saudi_Arabia
What are you talking about? Six flags? Disney land? You're making no sense what-so-ever.:lol:

You're Saudi? You have oil? That's nice, you also have a lot of internal problems and a history of issues between those who rule your nation and those who live in it. So get off your high horse. You're no better that America or anyone else.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well actually back in time the king of Saudi Arabia chose to go back to the Bedouin life and stopped the petrol supply to America and Europe, but then he was assassinated by the united states. Get your history right before you speak.

We'd go back proudly. But if we do then you people cant live without our petrol.
If you go Back to Bedouin (B2B), we'll just steal your oil. How them apples?

Sounds like a good idea to me. You'll be B2B in another 100 anyway.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Sooner or later the rest will follow suit. They all recognize that depending on revenue from oil exports is not sustainable in the long term.
They'll probably figure something out, but with economic hardships existing, or on the horizon for the vast majority of the planet (due to current excess/frivolity, and dwindling resources of all kinds) 'fantasy tourism' (or whatever you want to call the paradise/megastructure attractions,etc) as seen in places like Dubai could be a pretty difficult niche to sustain...

Yeah, that's what I said. In fact I worry about the same thing. Norway being the welfare state and continually in the top 5 of various life quality rankings is thanks to the oil industry which got started only a few decades ago. Prior to that Norway was nothing special at all.
Doesn't Norway have a 'heritage trust fund' (not sure if that's the exact title), or something of that nature, where more than 90% of their nationalized oil revenue is held/invested? With the idea being that money will be used to fund the study of alternative energy technologies, reinvest in infrastructure, etc? I think they're planning for the future, and could end up being much better off than most, certainly including Canada.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Doesn't Norway have a 'heritage trust fund' (not sure if that's the exact title), or something of that nature, where more than 90% of their nationalized oil revenue is held/invested? With the idea being that money will be used to fund the study of alternative energy technologies, reinvest in infrastructure, etc? I think they're planning for the future, and could end up being much better off than most, certainly including Canada.
That's correct, however it remains to be seen what the money is actually gonna be spent on. There are populist politicians who want to spend it all right now "why should it just sit there".

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
What are you talking about? Six flags? Disney land? You're making no sense what-so-ever.:lol:

You're Saudi? You have oil? That's nice, you also have a lot of internal problems and a history of issues between those who rule your nation and those who live in it. So get off your high horse. You're no better that America or anyone else.
That's our problem not yours. But were still no petrol beggars.

I'm not better than anymore else but neither are you, America nor Europe.

Americans and Europeans have big mouths for such empty pockets.

If you go Back to Bedouin (B2B), we'll just steal your oil. How them apples?

Sounds like a good idea to me. You'll be B2B in another 100 anyway.
We'll burn it, then you can have coffee and head back home with a pack of dates as a souvenir :lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's our problem not yours. But were still no petrol beggars.

I'm not better than anymore else but neither are you, America nor Europe.

Americans and Europeans have big mouths for such empty pockets.
Dude, you're a Saudi. Faux Islam and everything that comes with it. :lol:

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Dude, you're a Saudi. Faux Islam and everything that comes with it. :lol:
Oh you're the "Dude" type?
Then dude where's your car? Oh wait.. you're poor and can't afford one :lol:
I'm sorry I forgot you travel on a surfboard HAROON

And about the other part..I can't insult the dead guy on the cross because we believe in him but.. faux the pope and that shovel on his head :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)