World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (67 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's not even that. Crime, poverty, STD's... simple answer, if you're a tourist stay out of the Favelas.

Brazil is struggling to build the stadiums and necessary infrastructure. FIFA has let them decrease the number of venues from 12 to 10 and it's still not a certainty that they will be ready by the Confederations Cup.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Bin Hammam will be the next FIFA president, with Prince Ali as his sidekick. FIFA stopped being a governing body a long time ago, it's just a business now, associations should break away.

FIFA is not football, just a leech on it's ass. They can't do without football. The other way around, no problem.
What is the problem if Bin Hammam becomes FIFA president one day?!!!

If you don't accept that because you think he is incapable of handling the work then it's OK,but if it's all about the nationality then that's unfair.

Depends on what you mean by "best bid". If you mean , the most money to throw at technology, stadiums, infrastructure, etc. Bringing major football to a part of the world that rarely sees it and hardly qualifies more than a single team for the World Cup. Yes then Qatar had the best bid.

If you consider things like revenue for Fifa, match attendance, expansion of footie in a major market, amount of pressure (lack there of) on building new stadiums, hospitality services, etc. The the US had the best bid.

If Qatar 2022 goes as planned, it's going to be cool as in space-age futuristic cool.
The USA was a less risky and more certain bid, but as we've seen with South Africa the more risky bids can impress. Just need to make sure they test the ball next time.

Brazil 2014 should be interesting, considering they're already having difficulties.
Aaron,no one disagrees that the American bid was good,BUT you can't just list all the good the things about the bid and ignore the bad ones.

America hosting a world cup is unjust because the already had their chance recently.

America hosting a world cup in the matter of 28 years is unjust not only to other countries but even to the American people themselves,i mean if the American bid had won then America would have not host a world cup for the next 30 to 40 years AT LEAST,that means this generation had the chance to host the world cup twice while the next one would have 0 chance.

No doubt that it's extremly wonderful for a person like you Aaron to watch the world cup TWICE in your land,but that means your son may die before seeing the world cup coming back again to America.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Aaron,no one disagrees that the American bid was good,BUT you can't just list all the good the things about the bid and ignore the bad ones.

America hosting a world cup is unjust because the already had their chance recently.

America hosting a world cup in the matter of 28 years is unjust not only to other countries but even to the American people themselves,i mean if the American bid had won then America would have not host a world cup for the next 30 to 40 years AT LEAST,that means this generation had the chance to host the world cup twice while the next one would have 0 chance.

No doubt that it's extremly wonderful for a person like you Aaron to watch the world cup TWICE in your land,but that means your son may die before seeing the world cup coming back again to America.
I never said America should gotten the World Cup. Nor did I say that Qatar shouldn't have. I said that it was debatable as to whether Qatar had the best bid.

In addition I even spoke about how South Africa, which people thought would fail, did a really impressive job.

Don't be so racist next time.:D

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,265
    What is the problem if Bin Hammam becomes FIFA president one day?!!!

If you don't accept that because you think he is incapable of handling the work then it's OK,but if it's all about the nationality then that's unfair.
    No I don't have a problem with nationality, just with a clique of individuals who will again put the interests of themselves and their allies first. If FIFA disappeared from the planet tomorrow football would go on with no problems, they don't realise how inconsequential they are.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

That's a rather silly argument considering the US might not host it for another 60 years as it is. So no, keep it about the actual bid, not any other nonsense because this process is already corrupt enough now.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    That marfucker Sepp Blatter:

DOHA (Reuters) - The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will probably be staged in January rather than June or July, FIFA president Sepp Blatter said for the first time on Friday.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011...-us-soccer-asian-blatter.html?_r=1&ref=soccer

I hope all the participating nations decline to go or send their secondary teams into it instead. And I really hope Blatter doesn't get elected again.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
    2022 in Qatar. Ridiculous
    2018 Russia - ker-ching

2022 Qatar - ker-ching

Laughable, but so expected from FIFA. I wonder how much money those guys are raking in.
    Anybody not going to Qatar in 2022? I'm not.

I wouldn't advise anybody to go there.

Completely laughable.
    ROFL FIFA at it again.

Qatar? Are you fucking kidding me. Absolutely disgraceful, typical dirty corrupt bullshit from FIFA.

Money talks.
    Will they?

The Stadiums will be half empty.
    If you don't have Europeans going to the World Cup, then it's a failed World Cup.
    Money talks.

FIFA: For the love of the game BAHAHHAAHHA

Fuck International Football. Im through with this shit.
    IN YO FACE POOR PEOPLE!!!
    WE ROCK!!
    Hahahaha!!!

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
    Oh is that why a Qatari woman owns Harrods in london? :lol:

Women in Qatar are living like queens, and by the way Qatar is under the control of a woman for the women rights, i dont know who fills you with this bullshit of women here being abused or maybe it's eating your heart out :lol: stop looking for excuses

By the way, for your tiny brain. Women here have more rights than men.

His ban should never expire.
    Merry Christmas by the way

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,276
    This guy is mental.

Anyway, it all runs out for both of us soon. Oil made these states, interesting to see what happens after.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
    Back to a bedouin paradise, presumably.
    Well actually back in time the king of Saudi Arabia chose to go back to the Bedouin life and stopped the petrol supply to America and Europe, but then he was assassinated by the united states. Get your history right before you speak.

We'd go back proudly. But if we do then you people cant live without our petrol.

This guy is mental.

Anyway, it all runs out for both of us soon. Oil made these states, interesting to see what happens after.
    Well as for our lifetime it won't run out, for the next I don't care.

By the way you guys should be thanking us, if it wasn't for us you'd all be eating shoes like how you did in the world war :agree:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)