World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (48 Viewers)

glz27

Jul 14, 2016
The game against Brasil I really thought Belgium was ready to step up. Truely believed in Martinez for a few days.
Then France came and the bubble bursted once again...
We are a still a team without plan or tactics.
WTF was Martinez doing with his changes.

and yeah, France stole some time and wasn't fair at moments. Being fair doesn't win you sh#t

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The 2010 WC was so cagey it was boring except for the rare moment of a possible goal. That Cup was tighter than Busquets' vagina.

It's a little better this time around, and the unpredictability has been great. But cagey matches are still the norm... which especially happens in elimination play.
yeah, but certainly it's not boring, almost all of the games have been close and gritty. unless of course you watch football only to see goals, but I somehow doubt people who watch as much footie as most tuz posters are among those type of fans

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The 2010 WC was so cagey it was boring except for the rare moment of a possible goal. That Cup was tighter than Busquets' vagina.

It's a little better this time around, and the unpredictability has been great. But cagey matches are still the norm... which especially happens in elimination play.
Because it is encouraged. In the CL efforts are made to discourage it. The result is football that is so much better than during the World Cup.

The last three World Cups were all poor.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Of course it's not the only reason. But it's a major one. Stopping the clock really is the answer.

Or, alternatively, straight red cards for time wasting. Mbappe yesterday should have been a straight red. Make players who do this miss finals.

the problem isn't Mbappe, it is the referee acknowledging Mbappe wasted time and failing to add that time in the end, I was bamboozled to see him whistle at 6 mins and what, 13 seconds? :lol: and if anything, Witsels reaction to Mbappe was red card worthy

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
the problem isn't Mbappe, it is the referee acknowledging Mbappe wasted time and failing to add that time in the end, I was bamboozled to see him whistle at 6 mins and what, 13 seconds? and if anything, Witsels reaction to Mbappe was red card worthy
I'd honestly have broken Mbappe's skull at that point. Anything to make him miss the final. I'd have had no issues with that at all.

And a decent ref would have sent Mbappe off. You can do that with unsportsmanslike behaviour and it should have happened.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My biggest gripe with all of this is really that Deschamps is being applauded. It's like those cheering on Mourinho.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
My biggest gripe with all of this is really that Deschamps is being applauded. It's like those cheering on Mourinho.
Mourinho was a ruthless winner once upon a time. Deschamps has reached a 2nd major tournament final with France in a row, both times traveling through the branch that has all the strong teams in it. Surely he deserves applause for achieving this, yet all he seems to get is shit for Giroud choking in front of goal and France not playing pretty enough :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Mourinho was a ruthless winner once upon a time. Deschamps has reached a 2nd major tournament final with France in a row, both times traveling through the branch that has all the strong teams in it. Surely he deserves applause for achieving this, yet all he seems to get is shit for Giroud choking in front of goal and France not playing pretty enough :D
It's because ultimately such tactics come down to luck.

If they play England in the final and somehow Kane scores a lucky goal early on France won't recover. Because they forgot how to play.

And that means that all the negativity you created ultimately is just that. Negativity.

It's why Mourinho is a marginalised and bitter figure today. The same will no doubt happen to Deschamps.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's because ultimately such tactics come down to luck.

If they play England in the final and somehow Kane scores a lucky goal early on France won't recover. Because they forgot how to play.

And that means that all the negativity you created ultimately is just that. Negativity.

It's why Mourinho is a marginalised and bitter figure today. The same will no doubt happen to Deschamps.

They recovered after Argentina scored 2 out of nowhere goals, I think they still know how to play :D

Mourinho is broken mentally and behind tactically, what you're suggesting is he got lucky in Porto, Chelsea, Inter, then slightly less lucky at Real and then even less lucky at Chelsea and then completely ran out of luck in ManUnited? :lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They recovered after Argentina scored 2 out of nowhere goals, I think they still know how to play :D

Mourinho is broken mentally and behind tactically, what you're suggesting is he got lucky in Porto, Chelsea, Inter, then slightly less lucky at Real and then even less lucky at Chelsea and then completely ran out of luck in ManUnited?
Lol. Argentina. That's no team.

Yes, that is what I'm saying. With Porto it makes sense to want to depend on luck. It doesn't with Madrid. Which is why he was horrible there.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Lol. Argentina. That's no team.

Yes, that is what I'm saying. With Porto it makes sense to want to depend on luck. It doesn't with Madrid. Which is why he was horrible there.

So basically he's just been unlucky and it's likely that soon he'll be the Mourinho of old again? get out of here :lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So basically he's just been unlucky and it's likely that soon he'll be the Mourinho of old again? get out of here
You can't rely on luck in the CL anymore. That's why he's outdated. Deschamps would be awful in the CL too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
@Seven you've completely lost it. Take a breather and reassess.
You lot are insane.

You cannot possibly believe that this France team has anything remotely to do with sport. Why do you think we as a society have sport in the first place?

It reminds me of Italy in 2000. That team was rightfully punished in the end for not playing to their overwhelming attacking strength too.

Jun 6, 2015
You lot are insane.

You cannot possibly believe that this France team has anything remotely to do with sport. Why do you think we as a society have sport in the first place?

It reminds me of Italy in 2000. That team was rightfully punished in the end for not playing to their overwhelming attacking strength too.

Your opinion would probably be more credible if it wasn't so obvious that you are being a sore loser.

I don't like France but I definitely do think they are a good team who play the kind of football that I like. If that makes me insane in the eyes of a holy football purists such as you then so be it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Your opinion would probably be more credible if it wasn't so obvious that you are being a sore loser.

I don't like France but I definitely do think they are a good team who play the kind of football that I like. If that makes me insane in the eyes of a holy football purists such as you then so be it.
What? You like watching France? You think their games are enjoyable? Seriously?

Man, you must hate that we bought Ronaldo. Because Juve are going down a completely different path.

Jun 6, 2015
What? You like watching France? You think their games are enjoyable? Seriously?

Man, you must hate that we bought Ronaldo. Because Juve are going down a completely different path.

You're grasping at straws here.

I like watching teams that are balanced and know when to attack and when to defend. Nothing makes me angrier than indiscipline when watching football. France are balanced and their player know their roles and execute them well. Aforementioned reasons are the reasons I like Juve as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)