World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (17 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
No. That's what he did in the group stage. If you reach the World Cup final (through sheer luck and facing not a single big team), the atmosphere in your team is bound to be good. But they could have drawn against Australia and they'd have been in big trouble. Deschamps is just like Mourinho. It's negative coaching and hoping for the best. There is little, if any, substance behind it.
I really do hope this is just your emotions talking and not an indication of how much you understand about football.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I really do hope this is just your emotions talking and not an indication of how much you understand about football.
People like you are easy to fool, because you don't understand just how much chance is a factor in football.

Watch England beat France in the World Cup final. Then come back to me.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You can think I'm insane, but it is bound to change between today and 20 years from now. We've had three awful World Cups in a row. That's a bit much for any viewer.
y, time wasting tactics might change, possibly even 10 years from now. it has pretty much nothing to do with DD being a decent coach though

Jun 6, 2015
People like you are easy to fool, because you don't understand just how much chance is a factor in football.

Watch England beat France in the World Cup final. Then come back to me.
That could very well happen, I'm not claiming France will win it for sure. Just pointing out the fact that they are a good team. If discrediting them makes you happy so be it, your ramblings just have very little bearing in reality.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
y, time wasting tactics might change, possibly even 10 years from now. it has pretty much nothing to do with DD being a decent coach though

If time wasting becomes a non issue, coaches like Deschamps will start to dissapear though.

Griezmann and Mbappé don't do anything of the sort when playing for their clubs. So it must be Deschamps telling them to do it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That could very well happen, I'm not claiming France will win it for sure. Just pointing out the fact that they are a good team. If discrediting them makes you happy so be it, your ramblings just have very little bearing in reality.
I've said it right before this World Cup that France have the best squad and they are bound to win it.

But that they are in the final does not make Deschamps a great manager. They are a superbly talented team and have still needed tremendous good fortune to reach the final, even if their way to it was only obstructed by Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If time wasting becomes a non issue, coaches like Deschamps will start to dissapear though.

Griezmann and Mbappé don't do anything of the sort when playing for their clubs. So it must be Deschamps telling them to do it.
lol. of course everyone wastes time when they're leading a knockout game in the semi final of the world cup. watch the same happen tonight if one of the teams is leading

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
lol. of course everyone wastes time when they're leading a knockout game in the semi final of the world cup. watch the same happen tonight if one of the teams is leading
They don't do it in minute 55 though.

And again, another reason they do it less in Europe, is simply because they are penalized for it. Like I've said before, you can dislike a team for doing it, but it doesn't take anything away from them, because they played by the rules. It's not up to France to punish themselves.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
They don't do it in minute 55 though.

And again, another reason they do it less in Europe, is simply because they are penalized for it. Like I've said before, you can dislike a team for doing it, but it doesn't take anything away from them, because they played by the rules. It's not up to France to punish themselves.
exactly how France wasted time on minute 55? I recall Matuidi lying on the ground twice, some classic corner flag fights and Mbappe touchline incident, none of them happened prior to minute 80 or so, no?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
of course having a player like Giroud is instrumental for them and their game. he's choking like mad in front of goal and you could argue that N'Zonzi at CF would've gotten at least one shot on target, but it's not like he hasn't contributed to their overall play. compare their performance with Dembele starting (infinitely more talented and probably a better footballer) and Giroud starting, the difference is there for all to see, better players don't always make the team work better

what is a fact at this point, DD is getting results and quite comfortably while a team like Brazil, which supposedly had a better coach, similarly talented squad and didn't draw nearly as much attention over their squad selection as DD, went home after 1/4 finals. surely DD must be doing something right, no?
no its not, you just think that because he plays every game and they somehow barely pass. they would have won without him as well, probably more easier as well. he left Benzema at home, 3x the player. he left Lacazette at home. Martial. Coman (not sure if hes fit yet). Ben Yedder. Thauvin is there, never played CL, 5 games for the french NT so far. Rabiot not called up. same thing he did 2 years ago, i cant remember the details but ive mentioned all of it in the Euro thread (i remember one, Gignac, has to be the biggest joke of a callup ever).

just because he got them here doesent mean hes been doing everything right. Martinez got Belgium to the semifinal, and hes still a moron for leaving Nainggolan out for a China league player. France is the best team in the tournament to me. athletically, far superior to anyone else. technically, up there at the top. these players could beat the opponents they were up against so far without a coach. their biggest competition eliminated themselves and they faced subpar teams so far (Cavani less Uruguay their biggest test), yet they still got here barely. it could have, and should have been easier done

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
no its not, you just think that because he plays every game and they somehow barely pass. they would have won without him as well, probably more easier as well. he left Benzema at home, 3x the player. he left Lacazette at home. Martial. Coman (not sure if hes fit yet). Ben Yedder. Thauvin is there, never played CL, 5 games for the french NT so far. Rabiot not called up. same thing he did 2 years ago, i cant remember the details but ive mentioned all of it in the Euro thread (i remember one, Gignac, has to be the biggest joke of a callup ever).

just because he got them here doesent mean hes been doing everything right. Martinez got Belgium to the semifinal, and hes still a moron for leaving Nainggolan out for a China league player. France is the best team in the tournament to me. athletically, far superior to anyone else. technically, up there at the top. these players could beat the opponents they were up against so far without a coach. their biggest competition eliminated themselves and they faced subpar teams so far (Cavani less Uruguay their biggest test), yet they still got here barely. it could have, and should have been easier done
yet you fail to give DD credit for France beating all the teams they should beat while other big teams with lots of talent have been eliminated. it's football and winning is not easy

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yet you fail to give DD credit for France beating all the teams they should beat while other big teams with lots of talent fail at it
i wont give him credit for something youre expected to deliver. they were expected to win all their matchups so far, because they were the superior opponent. i do laugh at those teams that fail miserably, like Germany or Spain

Jun 6, 2015
This is such an absurd conversation. So basically if France wins the World Cup it's because France have such great players in their team but if they don't it was because Deschamps picked the wrong players?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)