World Cup 2006 qualifiers draw (2 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++

But S&M! I really dont know, they will be motivated, we will be motivated... there will be blood I tell you, B L O O O D
How ironic that being seven different groups Bosnia and Serbia HAD to get in the same one...

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
pretty easy group for Italy :) i have a few Scottish friends so its gonna be a great clash :D haha !

the Dutch must be sick of playing the Czechs ! Euro qualifiers, World cup qualifiers.... and they have been drawn in the same group in Euro 2004 too... not to mention that they met in euro 2000...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Let's just hope Italy doesn't put in those vintage poor performances...My big odds bet will be on Italy to lose against Belarus...

:p

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
the Dutch must be sick of playing the Czechs ! Euro qualifiers, World cup qualifiers.... and they have been drawn in the same group in Euro 2004 too... not to mention that they met in euro 2000...
Yes! I never thought I'd get bored with football but... :(

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
Group 2:
Turkey
Denmark
Greece
Ukraine
Georgia
Albania
Kazakhstan
I can't say I'm excited by this.

Turkey... here we go again. No offence and all, but the turkish football fans are very weird. Just look at the ones in this forum when we play Gala... oh the horror. As for their team, it's a good one and one of the favorites to win. Tough one :groan:

Greece are doing well and they have been giving us some problems in the past. But I think we can take 'em, at least at home.

Ukraine or should I say Shevchenko's one man show... Good team, but we should be able to take 'em out. We recently beat them in a friendly.

Georgia, wouldn't call it a walkover... but if we don't beat these guys... :fero: Same goes for Albania and Kazahkstan.

Turkey, Greece and Denmark for top spots... who will win it? Hard to say, but it will be interesting to watch Turkey-Greece battle for honour. Lol, they hate eachother.

My biggest problem is all the travels to the east... It's always hard to play on those grounds.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Group 3:
Cameroon
Egypt
Côte d'Ivoire
Libya
Sudan
Benin

bloody hell Libya will never get past this one.:down:(especially with that meddlsome Geddaffi around).

OP
Loppan

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    Group 8:
    Sweden
    Croatia
    Bulgaria
    Iceland
    Hungary
    Malta

I don't think this is a very good group for Sweden. I fear Croatia and they won last time we played against them.

I don't think Sweden will get through, I hope I'm wrong :down:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

How ironic that being seven different groups Bosnia and Serbia HAD to get in the same one...
    Now if Croatia had been in that group, that would have been interesting...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    I can't say I'm excited by this.

Turkey... here we go again. No offence and all, but the turkish football fans are very weird. Just look at the ones in this forum when we play Gala... oh the horror. As for their team, it's a good one and one of the favorites to win. Tough one :groan:

Greece are doing well and they have been giving us some problems in the past. But I think we can take 'em, at least at home.

Ukraine or should I say Shevchenko's one man show... Good team, but we should be able to take 'em out. We recently beat them in a friendly.

Georgia, wouldn't call it a walkover... but if we don't beat these guys... :fero: Same goes for Albania and Kazahkstan.

Turkey, Greece and Denmark for top spots... who will win it? Hard to say, but it will be interesting to watch Turkey-Greece battle for honour. Lol, they hate eachother.

My biggest problem is all the travels to the east... It's always hard to play on those grounds.
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean! We have FYR Macedonia and Armenia in our group. Macedonia drew with England and Armenia is a total stranger. Eastern European teams are often so difficult to play against...

In Holland's group, I see Romania as a potential thread. I mean, we know what the Czechs can do but Romania is quite dangerous imo, with Chivu, Lobont, Mutu and the likes... Giant killers? I reckon they could be.

Aug 27, 2003
    Oceania

Asia

Group 5:
    United Arab Emirates
    Thailand
    Yemen
    Korea DPR

Europe

Group 1:
    Czech Republic
    Netherlands
    Romania
    Finland
    FYR Macedonia
    Armenia
    Andorra

Group 2:
    Turkey
    Denmark
    Greece
    Ukraine
    Georgia
    Albania
    Kazakhstan

Group 5:
    Italy
    Slovenia
    Scotland
    Norway
    Belarus
    Moldova
    i hope UAEall the bets of luk! :):angel:
    as for italy seems intresting i would love to see how thye vould manage with these teams although again i think there in a very good postion of topping them all out...
    Cezch and Netherlands again!!
    as for group 2 i really cant wait to watch their matches seems very intresting

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Group 8:
    Sweden
    Croatia
    Bulgaria
    Iceland
    Hungary
    Malta

I don't think this is a very good group for Sweden. I fear Croatia and they won last time we played against them.

I don't think Sweden will get through, I hope I'm wrong :down:
    I think this is a pretty good group for Sweden, you should be happy. Sweden are in pot A and top seeded everywhere, they should in theory beat all of these teams home and away.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

In Holland's group, I see Romania as a potential thread. I mean, we know what the Czechs can do but Romania is quite dangerous imo, with Chivu, Lobont, Mutu and the likes... Giant killers? I reckon they could be.
    Yup, Romania are not easy... all tho we did win 5-2 away, they gave us alot of trouble in Copenhagen. Once again you guys have a tough group... and the Czechs again!? :eek: I bet people in Holland and the Czech Republic are really tired of this. I'm actually gettin' bored watching these teams play eachother.

OP
    Loppan

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

I think this is a pretty good group for Sweden, you should be happy. Sweden are in pot A and top seeded everywhere, they should in theory beat all of these teams home and away.
    In theory, yes but Holland should have been in pot A instead of Sweden cos they are better than us. The reason we ended up in pot A is that we never lost a game in the qualifiers since 1997-98 until the last game of the Euro 2004 qualifiers.

I'm happy that we didn't face Holland but we ended up with a boring group.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    Yup, Romania are not easy... all tho we did win 5-2 away, they gave us alot of trouble in Copenhagen. Once again you guys have a tough group... and the Czechs again!? :eek: I bet people in Holland and the Czech Republic are really tired of this. I'm actually gettin' bored watching these teams play eachother.
    Yes I know ... never thought I could get bored with football but here I am! :dontcare:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)