World Cup 2006 qualifiers draw (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Belarus gave italy a tough time the last time (WC98 Qs or Euro 2000 Qs.....dont remember)
Belarus suck nowadays. Even Holland could beat them with big numbers twice in the Euro2004 qualifying campaign.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

They and New Zealand get seeded to the semis of their qualifying, I think.
Damn, I was planning on putting bets on Australia to win + over 2.5 goals in the match :D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
The one thing I do not get is why Brazil who just won the wc last year are already playing qualifiers this year for a tournament that is starting in 2006
Does this mean that the qualifiers would go on till 2005? Or if it ends in 2004 , how is it fair to them or any south American country that they would not play a competitive match for about 2 years before the wc starts

Btw they should have just called it a home nations series as far as England is concerned and Italy almost always seem to get a very easy group but they always find a way to make it more interesting by screwing up initially

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
...how is it fair to them or any south American country that they would not play a competitive match for about 2 years before the wc starts
Isn't there a Copa America in 2005?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

say one more bad thing about scotland an we're gonna have a personal meeting.
it's the same scotland who defeated holland 1-0. they lost after that but group qualifiers are different story. but italy will qualify, they'll lose some points as always but they will succeed.

majed, in euro2000 quals belarus managed two 0-0 draws agaisnt italy.
are you threatining me?:fero:cuz your not intimidating if you think you are?and what do you mean about personal meeting ?
sorry Roverboy i didnt know you were scottish,my respect to Scotland of course.:angel:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Isn't there a Copa America in 2005?
But they hardly take that seriously and thats not the point anyways

Brazil, Argentina and co were playing world cup qualifiers at the same time that Europe was playing euro2004 qualifiers , tournaments that are 2 years apart

I have never understood Fifa anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)