Wojciech Szczęsny (19 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dont compare to Buffon but normal human beeings.

Lets be honest, Buffon had a very well oiled juventus team
tek had disfunctional crap from first sarri and then allegri.

especially last season isnt a good measure. Every peasant team could counter us right trough the middle with 3 simple steps

While sarri was offensive and not very organised
Id like to compare to normal GKs actually, i wanna see how Perin does. The level Szczesny was last season and this opening game, i cant imagine many GKs do worse

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I used to think selling Tek was the least of our priorities this summer, I really think he needs to go now, far too many mistakes, basic ones amongst many which makes me very worried, had a shocking euros on top, really wish Allegri hadn't put so much faith in Tek a couple of months ago, really wish we didnt let Gigi go neither without sounding sentimental I'd still have him as my number 1 right now.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Seriously I cant think of a time he had like a super memorable game for us..with incredible saves, and a man of the match performance.. I mean we say it all the time with opposition keepers having a great game vs us.. but Tek has never

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
:tup:

He obviously didn't always suck. But how many great games has he had over the years? Never mind him losing us games, but how many games did he actually win us? That's an insanely small list.

I never understood why we signed him all those years ago. At the time, I didn't think it made any sense. And looking back now, it makes even less sense.

Jun 16, 2020
Buffon :
- 8 seasons with Conte/Allegri (world class organisational coaches)
- Best years of Barzagli, Chiellini, Bonucci ; Marchisio, vidal

Szczesny :
- 2 seasons with different coaches. One is blatant chainsmoking idiot cunt, the other had more holes in his organisation than swiss cheese
- Garbage midfield
- Constant injuries, shifts of defenders, old guard retiring or well past their best

If you think based on these situations you can compare the goals conceded of both keepers, you should log out.
We’re on a +13 consecutive streak where we are conceding goals, Szczesny is also to blame. He got surprised against Porto, lost the ball at his feet yesterday, remember when we conceded our first goal against the 3-0 assrape vs Milan? Tek handed the ball to Brahim Diaz. The ugly loss against Benevento, the defense failed but Tek got beaten so easy at the near post. 2-2 draw against Torino a round later; again Tek who got beaten so easy at the near post again, after Kulu had that weak pass. We could blame Pirlo and Bentancur last season, but Teks fails and tactical decisions have less effect on a keeper. Trough all our bad results there’s a keeper who has been failing miserably, its no surprise that our defense looked better organized with Buffon last year. And don’t pull the ‘Buffon was the best of all time’ card please, Tek had years to improve his organizational qualities by just watching Buffon next to him. If you can’t adapt than you have nothing to do at a big club.

We’re talking about a 31 y/o keeper who got send away at Arsenal ffs, than had 3 acceptable seasons now is back at his old level. Not sure how his position is defendable at this moment.

Hopefully he finds his form again, be he certainly doesn’t belong in the top 5. If anything Perin deserves a chance.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Keepers are judged not by saves they make but by howlers. That’s what made Buffon a great keeper: very few howlers. Szczesny has had at least 4 in last 6 months.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He was atrocious yesterday. Yes, he is responsible for both goals. However, it is still early in the season, and unless he has another 3-4 games like the one he had yesterday, I am not going to panic.
By the time he has those 3-4 games, it might be too late. You had whole of last season to see, his confidence is bottom level and i dont see him magically regain it

singus

Sep 22, 2020
He played too few games for you to say that. Buffon was no.1, played more, played the biggest games. 2nd GKs do well for us in this dominant decade, they get to play the low intensity, little pressure games and usually do well. Neto was the same, as was Storari. Last season was an exception, we had to fight for every point until the end. The pressure was always on and Buffon proved himself to be better still at pensioner age
He played enough games for me to see that, maybe you didnt catch it.
Subsequently Buffon was also shipped and Szczesny became our starter. Buffon cost us lots of points in his last few seasons before the Szczesny takeover.
But yes, Buffon did surprisingly well in the games he played last season, and I am grateful for that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He played enough games for me to see that, maybe you didnt catch it.
Subsequently Buffon was also shipped and Szczesny became our starter. Buffon cost us lots of points in his last few seasons before the Szczesny takeover.
But yes, Buffon did surprisingly well in the games he played last season, and I am grateful for that.
I catched on it, i just gave you the explanation why it seemed that way for you. Buffon cost us lots of points? When and where? We were winning 90+ each year, you saying without Buffon we were going to be a multiple 100+ points per season club? Its been what, 5 years with Woj. I still dont have any memorable big game performances for us from him. He was always a good keeper, neber a great, and we kinda need the 2nd kind

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We’re on a +13 consecutive streak where we are conceding goals, Szczesny is also to blame. He got surprised against Porto, lost the ball at his feet yesterday, remember when we conceded our first goal against the 3-0 assrape vs Milan? Tek handed the ball to Brahim Diaz. The ugly loss against Benevento, the defense failed but Tek got beaten so easy at the near post. 2-2 draw against Torino a round later; again Tek who got beaten so easy at the near post again, after Kulu had that weak pass. We could blame Pirlo and Bentancur last season, but Teks fails and tactical decisions have less effect on a keeper. Trough all our bad results there’s a keeper who has been failing miserably, its no surprise that our defense looked better organized with Buffon last year. And don’t pull the ‘Buffon was the best of all time’ card please, Tek had years to improve his organizational qualities by just watching Buffon next to him. If you can’t adapt than you have nothing to do at a big club.

We’re talking about a 31 y/o keeper who got send away at Arsenal ffs, than had 3 acceptable seasons now is back at his old level. Not sure how his position is defendable at this moment.

Hopefully he finds his form again, be he certainly doesn’t belong in the top 5. If anything Perin deserves a chance.
One game into the season. I rest my case.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I catched on it, i just gave you the explanation why it seemed that way for you. Buffon cost us lots of points? When and where? We were winning 90+ each year, you saying without Buffon we were going to be a multiple 100+ points per season club? Its been what, 5 years with Woj. I still dont have any memorable big game performances for us from him. He was always a good keeper, neber a great, and we kinda need the 2nd kind
Oh dont worry, Im not fooled that easily. It was clear to see that Szczesny was a top keeper and one that could fill the void after Buffon, which turned out to be true as well.
Meanwhile, you be crying out how good a football player Pjanic is (he just needs some rest, right), while his stock was steadily crashing to a fat 0 over the last 3 years and eventually became deadwood at a rival instead of at our club. Yeah Im not taking your advice on football mate.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Oh dont worry, Im not fooled that easily. It was clear to see that Szczesny was a top keeper and one that could fill the void after Buffon, which turned out to be true as well.
Meanwhile, you be crying out how good a football player Pjanic is (he just needs some rest, right), while his stock was steadily crashing to a fat 0 over the last 3 years and eventually became deadwood at a rival instead of at our club. Yeah Im not taking your advice on football mate.
Well, if that was clear to you, guess what? You were wrong. We are stuck wih a overpaid underperformer.

Pjanic was a key player here until the end. Our best midfielder when we sold him. So yeah, nice try

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
3-4 games is too generous. If he has another game like this in next 10 rounds he should be benched.
One hundred percent this. Being generous that’s a once a season disaster game. If not once a career. Literally one of the worst gk performances I’ve ever seen. He does it again in this entire season we should buyout his contract, cost be damned. And this is from someone who was a supporter of his up until the last half of last season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Keepers are judged not by saves they make but by howlers. That’s what made Buffon a great keeper: very few howlers. Szczesny has had at least 4 in last 6 months.
it's not the howlers as such, its the fact he can't even do the basics anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

He was atrocious yesterday. Yes, he is responsible for both goals. However, it is still early in the season, and unless he has another 3-4 games like the one he had yesterday, I am not going to panic.
he's been atrocious since last season, whats another 3 or 4 games?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Either way there’s no reason to panic it’s why teams have several gks. But you’re willing to let him have 3-4 games like this before something needs to be done?

I see a lot of argument that our mid is shitty and our leaky defense doesn’t help him and it’s all true but that second goal that cannot happen not even just once again this season or I’d bench his ass indefinitely. Just kick the damn ball out of the stadium if you have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)