Without DelPiero (1 Viewer)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Thinkin back, I feel DP's greatness is limited to the club, he had a fabulous season in 98 yet he failed to impress in the Italian NT. In fact Baggio should have started all of the games in that World Cup. Putting in Baggio late was IMO the reason Italy lost to France.
But even now I feel DP has past it, he will not reach his peak again but I feel he will have a better season than 2-4 years ago.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
I dont know man, but if he had scored one of those goals we wouldnt even be talking about this. He was entrusted as the number 10 in that tournament and it was his job to produce. Like i find it odd about him sometimes that he can score a fabulous backheel that makes a goalie look so stupid but he cant chip a ball over "butterfinger" barthez
Hey, wait a minute. He has made several goals over Barthez. And one was a volley...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jussiut ] ++

This must be a great piece of sarcasm. Otherwise I lost a huge amount of respect towards you.
Sheesh, can't people take a joke?

And what I said has some truth to it, although I do obviously realize Del Piero plays at the highest level of football.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Are you serious? I do backheels just like DP myself in practices and matches, but I don't see people drooling over my skills.
:LOL:

Andy your probably better then Del Piero now :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

Umm, as an outsider, I'll content myself with commenting on those two lines.

I don't blame DP for the Euro 1996 Waterloo. In fact I blame Sacchi for not letting him play one minute in that tournament!

I don't blame him for WC 98 either. That was by far his best season and only a blind man could not have appreciated his class back then. I really just felt sorry for the guy because after such a phenomenal year he couldn't meet the very high expectations that were resting on him and express himself on his true level only because of a stupid injury. In fact, despite the injury I always wanted to see him play ahead of Baggio regardless, which says enough about the admiration I had for him at the time.

I definitely blame him for Euro 2000. He had two clear chances to finish the French and he missed them. No excuse.

WC 2002 : well, without his goal vs Mexico we wouldn't even had the chance to play South Korea in the second round. Umm, maybe I should blame him for that coz frankly I could have done without that travesty:groan:.

I don't blame him for Euro 2004. He wasn't great but no one else was. He almost scored the goal of the tournament against Sweden also.

The CL finals. If I were a juventino, I wouldn't blame him for any of the lost finals.

Again, I'd blame Lippi for not starting him against Dortmund in 97. Sacrificing his unpredictability in favour of Vieri/Boksic's muscles was one of the main causes of your loss that night. In fact he gave you a short glimmer of hope for a few minutes when he finally entered and scored.

I wouldn't blame him for the 98 final against Madrid. Yes he was the man you had entrusted with the mission of winning the game and he got injured at the decisive moment. But without him you would not even have reached the final in the first place, as his CL campaign that year was impressive to say te least.

2003 : you were facing Milan. What were you hoping anyway:D
Donny ass, are you reading this Post?

Thanks K, Jurks like Donny and some other members really need to read this post, because whenever you wanna argue with them about Del Piero, they'll come out with this sh!t, we Lost Finals because of Del Piero and they wont stop moaning.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
No Azzurri its because most people know his potential but he doesnt always show it in the big game and it bothers them because everyone know he can produce A LOT

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
But alot of great Players also failed to show their Class in some big games, I wouldn't finish tonight If I start naming them, Why is it always Del Piero. See, I'am the first one to go crazy around here when he doesn't perform in big matches, But It's not the end of the world, He's not the first player to choke in big games, and he wont be the Last player. I could even name you the big games Del Piero Performed and the Big games he failed to Perform, he DID perform in many big derbies and crucial ones in his Career.

However, I really find it unfair when people around here judge him that way.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
but azzurri do you think its fair that you see him do these ludacris moves against smaller clubs than against a bigger club he tends not to show up, when your classed as the best people wanna see the best out of you. Dont get me wrong but i just find it hard sometimes that when Juve doesnt perform he doesnt step up and lead us. If your team cant perform than you need the big performer to step up. Del Piero and i think everyone in this forum can agree can change a game in a matter of one move which not a lot of great players have the ability to do. So why does del piero not do it in a lot of these big matches. Azzurri he is my and your favorite player but dont you wonder sometimes if he is too lazy to care anymore. Next year will be a big year for Del Piero and Capello wont give him an easy road to get to Germany so i am very eager to see how Del Piero will perform

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
but azzurri do you think its fair that you see him do these ludacris moves against smaller clubs than against a bigger club he tends not to show up, when your classed as the best people wanna see the best out of you. Dont get me wrong but i just find it hard sometimes that when Juve doesnt perform he doesnt step up and lead us. If your team cant perform than you need the big performer to step up. Del Piero and i think everyone in this forum can agree can change a game in a matter of one move which not a lot of great players have the ability to do. So why does del piero not do it in a lot of these big matches. Azzurri he is my and your favorite player but dont you wonder sometimes if he is too lazy to care anymore. Next year will be a big year for Del Piero and Capello wont give him an easy road to get to Germany so i am very eager to see how Del Piero will perform
Del Piero was asked to Perform good in World's most important Derby this Year, and He did, he was the man of the match against Milan. I agree he fails to show himself in some big occasions but oh well, Thats Life, and as I said he's not the first and wont be the last one to fail in SOME big matches. However, I hope Capello wont Fvck around this year, and If Del Piero was Performin not to bench him, or Else, he'll be hated by most of us.

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
juve and milan is the derby of italy caus they are the true heavyweights of italian football and amongst thge elites of european football

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Since when is Juve vs Milan a derby? And since when was it the "world's most important" :confused:
Last year It was the worlds Most important derby, and no one can deny that, both fighting for the tittle both of them sharing the same points, a game which was played in the last 3weeks. Even Commentators said It's worlds most Important match this season.

So Milan-Juve not a derby???

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
yea man milan vs JUve is a derby i remember in the italian headlines it was called the derby of italy because of its importnace.And without Del Piero we probably wouldnt have won

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I dont think DP was actually trusted to lead our attack against Milan, more like the situation made it, if Zlatan hadnt been banned I think Capello would most surely pick him.

Anyhow, what bugs me is not that DP cant perform in big games, but he lacks so much consistancy. He can play an average performance for like 2 games in a row, excluding last season.
I personally liked him even though he did replace my fav player baggio, but after 98 it seemed he couldn't play two good/average games in a row. I expect much more not only from DP, but from all of Juventus' starting eleven.

I do think he still has the skills, he has shown that many times, but somethin's up with him for these past years, and always letting DP start whenever he can(in the past) upsets me.

day walker

Sep 20, 2004
if he is lazy like u said so y he get mad every time Cap change him ????

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
The problem with delpiero is not with his ability nobody doubts that but his mental strength leaves a lot to be desired in a tense atmosphere which is often the case in big games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)