Without DelPiero (1 Viewer)

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
i think that overall he had a very bad turn of events with the Francefinal in 200 and it caused him a mental block. Because when he is on his ability is on another level. Even at the age of 30 this guy can still move like baggio at 30 but i just dont get why he wont push himself anymore

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
I dont think DP was actually trusted to lead our attack against Milan, more like the situation made it, if Zlatan hadnt been banned I think Capello would most surely pick him.

Anyhow, what bugs me is not that DP cant perform in big games, but he lacks so much consistancy. He can play an average performance for like 2 games in a row, excluding last season.
I personally liked him even though he did replace my fav player baggio, but after 98 it seemed he couldn't play two good/average games in a row. I expect much more not only from DP, but from all of Juventus' starting eleven.

I do think he still has the skills, he has shown that many times, but somethin's up with him for these past years, and always letting DP start whenever he can(in the past) upsets me.
Please Stop exaggerating, Saying Dp can't play 2 games in row. Rubbish.
Check 02/03 and 04/05. If you'd like me to name you the games, I'll do.

and I repeat, why can't we Stop comparing the Old Del Piero with the Current Del Piero, you guys should bring this whenever we argue eh? Jeez.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by day walker ] ++
the derby means tow clubs from the same country like
Milan VS inter or Juventus VS Toino
but Juventus VS Milan is the biggest match in italy
Not really, Barca Vs Madrid is a Derby.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

and I repeat, why can't we Stop comparing the Old Del Piero with the Current Del Piero, you guys should bring this whenever we argue eh? Jeez.

Because its logical to do so, when Del Piero played in 1998 he was the best player in the world. Why because of some knee surgery should that make him so timid when he has som uch potential. I bring it up to and i love Del PIero

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++

Because its logical to do so, when Del Piero played in 1998 he was the best player in the world. Why because of some knee surgery should that make him so timid when he has som uch potential. I bring it up to and i love Del PIero
We all know he was the best player back in 98. But No need each time to bring it up. I mean we are goin no-where if we continue talking about the Old Dp. Lets Look ahead of us.

I'am satisfied with the Current Del Piero, he scored 16goals 4assists, I am happy with that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

We all know he was the best player back in 98. But No need each time to bring it up. I mean we are goin no-where if we continue talking about the Old Dp. Lets Look ahead of us.

I'am satisfied with the Current Del Piero, he score 16goals 4assists, I am happy with that.

nshalla tdallak deyman happy :D

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
The problem is that delpiero has been criticised somuch that he now feels whatever he does people will always have a go at him thats why he has adopted this i dont care approach.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I have never seen a player criticized as much as Del Piero. But what I love is that he can always handle these sh!ts.

Thats the Captain:cool:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004

yeah it was an exageration, but thats how it felt like, ofcourse I saw him play good in two straight games or perhaps three, but the point was he became so inconsistant after '98 that I really didnt consider him a star player after 2000.

dont forget that last season was his best season in awhile. the reason I compared the old and current is because many things I read about Dp in this forum are true concerning his old form but not really his current. after last season I think you guys have more rights to mention his quality but to me he still hasnt returned to the star player he was back then.

kthx

Mar 26, 2005

dont forget that last season was his best season in awhile.
I'm sorry man, but did you happen to sleep through the 2 scudetto-winning seasons of 2002 and 2003?

You can't judge his consistency based on 2004...why? Because he used to get injured every other day. He got seriously injured 3 times throughout the season...

Adriano, for example, was no where near as good as he was at the beginning of this season after he got injured...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

yeah it was an exageration, but thats how it felt like, ofcourse I saw him play good in two straight games or perhaps three, but the point was he became so inconsistant after '98 that I really didnt consider him a star player after 2000.

dont forget that last season was his best season in awhile. the reason I compared the old and current is because many things I read about Dp in this forum are true concerning his old form but not really his current. after last season I think you guys have more rights to mention his quality but to me he still hasnt returned to the star player he was back then.
hmmmm, I don't think you've followed Juve's 26th and 27th Scudetto? did you? That was after 2000.

And last year wasn't Dp's best season, another Exaggeration here, a big one my friend! He was good, but not his beast Season comparing the previous ones. (Forget 2004) the whole team Sucked at that time, to be honest.

I repeat again that he'll never be the Best Player in the world he was once, But I am really Satisfied with him as long as he can be part of the team helping us to clinch the Scudetto and hopefully the up-coming Champions League.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005

hmmmm, I don't think you've followed Juve's 26th and 27th Scudetto? did you? That was after 2000.

And last year wasn't Dp's best season, another Exaggeration here, a big one my friend! He was good, but not his beast Season comparing the previous ones. (Forget 2004) the whole team Sucked at that time, to be honest.

I repeat again that he'll never be the Best Player in the world he was once, But I am really Satisfied with him as long as he can be part of the team helping us to clinch the Scudetto and hopefully the up-coming Champions League.

That is false because Lippi has already stated he must shine to make the Nt so i think we are going to see the very best of Del PIero he is going to push himself like he has never done before because he wants a world cup and he has to stay in first team football which means Del Piero must literally shine and we all know Capello aint giving anyone the easy road especially Del Piero. Del Piero next year is gonna be the Del Piero of 98 thats just my prediciton

Jan 7, 2004

because you want the new del piero to play as much as the old del piero

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
Del Piero next year is gonna be the Del Piero of 98 thats just my prediciton
Well, unfortunately we have been saying that year after consecutive year ever since 1999. I would love it if Del Piero actually would regain his best form, but at some point you must start to face reality. Del Piero will never regain his best form of 1998, however that doesn't mean he will be a useless player next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)