Wishlist and General Juve winter mercato talk (2013-14) (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Says it all really that against by far the best opposition this year, we used a 4-3-3 with a freaking left CM on the right Wing.

Tbh it worked well. Our best football in a long time came in the form of a 4-3-3.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Also, I'm sure someone will tell Conte that no team has won anything without wingers in the last few years, maybe decade.

And the two players most helped by the 3-5-2, Bonucci and Pirlo, don't appear to be worth automatic inclusion anymore.

Also, I'm pretty sure Conte has always had teams with wingers before Juve. 4-2-4 and all that.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
RM games, constant linking Juve to wingers, Conte's complaints about lack of wingers (RWF).

Nothing is for sure but there are some indicators.
I just dont believe we'll scrap the 3-5-2 altogether even if i want us to.We probably want to use 4-3-3 as a secondary formation in big games in the CL for instance.In that respect we'll have to sign a versatile wing-player who can play WB as well as RW(Cuadrado) or we settle for some scrub winger who'd happy to sit on the bench half the time.

Ideally i'd like a mini-revolution in our attacking options but i'm pessimistic we're going to make drastic changes come the summer.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Btw I don't see a reason why Llorente - Mandzukic partnership wouldn't work.

I wouldn't be a fan to get those two on the pitch but I think there wouldn't be many problems with that, having Llorente as a target man.

I still think we need a third striker. If we have a defensive fullback I think we can easily play Tevez - Llorente - Nani/Menez. And if we do play that then we surely need a player like Mandzukic here.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Says it all really that against by far the best opposition this year, we used a 4-3-3 with a freaking left CM on the right Wing.

Tbh it worked well. Our best football in a long time came in the form of a 4-3-3.
:agree:

I just dont believe we'll scrap the 3-5-2 altogether even if i want us to.We probably want to use 4-3-3 as a secondary formation in big games in the CL for instance.In that respect we'll have to sign a versatile wing-player who can play WB as well as RW(Cuadrado) or we settle for some scrub winger who'd happy to sit on the bench half the time.

Ideally i'd like a mini-revolution in our attacking options but i'm pessimistic we're going to make drastic changes come the summer.
352 will still be used there's no doubt but full switch to 433 could happen if results are good enough particularly in CL. For Conte results are all that matters and that's why he switched to 352 in the first place. Coming back to 433 is possible if the management brings a winger or two and it brings good results. Otherwise it'll be just secondary formation as you said.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

I wouldn't be a fan to get those two on the pitch but I think there wouldn't be many problems with that, having Llorente as a target man.

I still think we need a third striker. If we have a defensive fullback I think we can easily play Tevez - Llorente - Nani/Menez. And if we do play that then we surely need a player like Mandzukic here.

Nani and Lamela would be as great market.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

im not for mandzukic coming here because i dont think he would like to be on the bench. we need a quality 3rd striker. if we stick with 3-5-2 tevez-llorente will be our starters and our 3rd striker should be capable to partner both tevez and nando... i dont think nando-mandzukic would work against top CL clubs so i wouldnt go for him... a player that is capable of playing both ss and cf should be priority... our 4th and 5th should be one of our youngsters from loan...

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
if we go without wingers we would have to have a world class striker ie inzagli and shev of Milan with a world class AM like kaka in 2007. unfortunately we don't have any of that.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Nani and Lamela would be as great market.
I still think we're getting Menez + one more player/winger of higher quality.

im not for mandzukic coming here because i dont think he would like to be on the bench. we need a quality 3rd striker. if we stick with 3-5-2 tevez-llorente will be our starters and our 3rd striker should be capable to partner both tevez and nando... i dont think nando-mandzukic would work against top CL clubs so i wouldnt go for him... a player that is capable of playing both ss and cf should be priority... our 4th and 5th should be one of our youngsters from loan...
Ye, I see your point and I can't say you're wrong.

I rate Mandzukic pretty high but I doubt I'd make him our priority at this point.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm sure Conte prefers a 4-3-3 or a similar formation with wingers and here's why (other than his first attempts at a 4-2-4 which also makes it obvious):

We know Conte likes to play safe, defensive, counter-attacking type tactics in Europe but the problem with the 3-5-2 is that it is shit at counter-attacking. When you sit back it basically becomes a 5-3-2 and you have no flank outlets to spring forward when you gain possession. You can get pinned way too deep, searching for your 2 strikers who have no one around them to play first touch balls onto and are therefore followed tightly by the CBs and run through.

We've seen it time and again. Now, Conte dropped a big hint when he played 4-3-3 twice against Madrid because he knew a 3-5-2 would get pinned back to our goalline. Our wingbacks would be stuck so far back to try and contain Ronaldo and Di Maria/Bale that we would surely get drowned out. So he opted for a 4-3-3 and it worked to a certain extent.

The only other time we played a giant like Madrid was Bayern. In that occasion we went with the 3-5-2 and were outclassed quite easily. We were drowned out. This year, Conte made a change. That is a big clue for me.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
If getting back our co-owned 19 year old, and buying Iturbe is a dream, then reality must be something along the lines of Gilardino and Amauri
fucking agnelli doesn't spend the fucking money on these fucking players. we know we casn make it back next year in champions league (we earned more that Bayern last year and we went only top 8) so why can't we spend 40 million of our own money on 2-3 decent players.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The only other time we played a giant like Madrid was Bayern. In that occasion we went with the 3-5-2 and were outclassed quite easily. We were drowned out. This year, Conte made a change. That is a big clue for me.
the other problem with the bayern games besides the formation was matri and quagliarella... they got received many balls but lost them imediatly and bayern had a lot of counter attacks. if we had tevez llorente last year we would still lose but it would have been much harder for them...

a new formation is required.. i dont think we will switch permanently next year but i think we will use 2 formation next season (352 and 433/4321) and then after that season switch constantly to the new improved formation...

a 3rd striker that is capable of partnering both tevez and nando is required either way + a winger, lb and backup cm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)