Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
But why does united ask for Marchisio and now Vidal, and not Asamoah ?
He's a player who's good at pretty much everything, but doesnt excell in something, for a cm.
Its nice that you confirm we got alot of depth on the bench.
As leftwingback or leftmidfielder, he can use most of his qualities, and showed he can follow his tactical instructions very closely. Coaches adore such players.

I'm not overrating Chiellini. Pure defensively, there are pretty much no good fullbacks. He's one of the very few. Mind you, i said pure defensively.

Messi in the center(against average defences (aka most in the world nowadays)), or on the right works amazingly.

On the left he would still be amazing, but it would be harder for him to score cause he's left footed. So thats why i said "leftwing" is a waste. I think you forgot i said "left wing" in the original post ;)

Against heynckens bayern, or against germany, there are easely 5 more effective forwards.

Unless wingers count as forwards nowadays
RWF, meaning Right Wing... wait for it... Forward.

Asamoah is among the best in the world from a physical point of view and players having to excel in shit in order for top clubs to but them is bullshit. Marchisio doesn't excel in anythin either, still he's among the very best in his position.

The whole meaning of beig a fullback is adding up front AND at the back. Using the term "pure defensively" when speaking about a fullback is like saying you made a good spaghetti bolognese when you forgot the sauce...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The whole meaning of beig a fullback is adding up front AND at the back. Using the term "pure defensively" when speaking about a fullback is like saying you made a good spaghetti bolognese when you forgot the sauce...
thats why he said a few games. Chiellini is useful as a fullback in certain situations but ofcourse, you would want a real fullback to play there over the season. Chiellini is good there for a few games though...

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
thats why he said a few games. Chiellini is useful as a fullback in certain situations but ofcourse, you would want a real fullback to play there over the season. Chiellini is good there for a few games though...
No he's not. Evra can easily do a better job than Chiellini, even only on the defensive end. Chiallini is not the most intelligent defender and his sense of positioning is too weak at fullback. Actually he's been very mediocre for 2 years now, even in the center.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Tuttosport's Marco Bonetto has unveiled that the Swedish coach was lying , and there were at least 6 journalists present while Hansson said what he said, 2 Italians (the other GdS's Olivero).

BuktihhCUAA6grp.jpg

Stefan Hansson interview ( Ibrahimovic told him he wanted to join Juventus), which later the coach denied -@DenyAdiPrabowo (He was present with other journalists)

Audio:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No he's not. Evra can easily do a better job than Chiellini, even only on the defensive end. Chiallini is not the most intelligent defender and his sense of positioning is too weak at fullback. Actually he's been very mediocre for 2 years now, even in the center.
What the shit. Fullbacks. BACK. First thing about a defender is the defence. Beeing good in overlapping is added value. The pathetic dogma that fullbacks are deep playing attackers is pathetic and why today 99% of all the fullbacks are utter shit.

Good fucking luck with your offensive fullback who's weak in defence, if you need to defend deep.

Chiellini isnt playing at the level of a few years ago, but pure defensively he's still very very strong.
Its a fucking joke to hear Evra is defensively better. It is exactly his weakest point.

Please, name 5 leftbacks who are defensively better then Chiellini, i want to have a laugh

- - - Updated - - -

He is an attentionwhore, his claim to fame is coaching Ibra at youth level.
:tup:

That very first phrase from that interview is disgusting. he should get slapped for it

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Now a tip from Brazil to you guys.

We really seem to be in for a young CB. Doria was near an agreement in the past. I haven't been following his performance, but potential seems to be there.

Doria is still 19yrs old, but with 2 or 3 years of experience as a starter in Brazil's first division. He also has call ups for Brazil National Team.

Now, Botafogo is in a HUGE financial crisis here. They owe a lot of months of salaries to players, there have been talks of a strike.. After 3 months of non payment of salary, any player can leave for free, according to Brazilian law.

They are desperate for new funds. Thus they have reduced leverage for a negotiation involving Doria. And they desperately need the money to leave the neck out of water a bit.

I feel that Doria could leave for stg like 8/9M. It would be a decent investment. He's ready to be a rotation player right now, and might develop into a very good CB. A guy with his profile in Italy would now be valued at least at 20M. We still can sign someone out of UE.

It would be an interesting piece of business if it's done. Even 12M for Doria would look like an interesting investment.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What the shit. Fullbacks. BACK. First thing about a defender is the defence. Beeing good in overlapping is added value. The pathetic dogma that fullbacks are deep playing attackers is pathetic and why today 99% of all the fullbacks are utter shit.

Good fucking luck with your offensive fullback who's weak in defence, if you need to defend deep.

Chiellini isnt playing at the level of a few years ago, but pure defensively he's still very very strong.
Its a fucking joke to hear Evra is defensively better. It is exactly his weakest point.

Please, name 5 leftbacks who are defensively better then Chiellini, i want to have a laugh
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

We really seem to be in for a young CB. Doria was near an agreement in the past. I haven't been following his performance, but potential seems to be there.

Doria is still 19yrs old, but with 2 or 3 years of experience as a starter in Brazil's first division. He also has call ups for Brazil National Team.

Now, Botafogo is in a HUGE financial crisis here. They owe a lot of months of salaries to players, there have been talks of a strike.. After 3 months of non payment of salary, any player can leave for free, according to Brazilian law.

They are desperate for new funds. Thus they have reduced leverage for a negotiation involving Doria. And they desperately need the money to leave the neck out of water a bit.

I feel that Doria could leave for stg like 8/9M. It would be a decent investment. He's ready to be a rotation player right now, and might develop into a very good CB. A guy with his profile in Italy would now be valued at least at 20M. We still can sign someone out of UE.

It would be an interesting piece of business if it's done. Even 12M for Doria would look like an interesting investment.
I remember we were linked with him before?

T. Silva potential? :p

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
About Vidal - IF United will actually make an offer, and IF Vidal really is willing to leave - what do you think about an offer of 30M + Chicharito + Nani + Kagawa?

IF we have to sell Vidal, this would look like a decent offer to me. With the 30M, I'd happily splash it in Scuffet (15M) and Balde Keita (20M).

So, IF we have to sell Vidal, having a return of Chicharito, Nani, Kagawa, Keita and Scuffet would be enough. Plus a young CB like Manolas or Doria sounds good, for like 12M. Getting Kagawa, Nani and Keita would mean we'd get rid of Giovinco.

Asamoah would replace Vidal as a CM. In my ideal world, Pirlo would play as a starter in Serie A, Marchisio as the starting DM in Europe.

Starting team - 4312:

Buffon - Licht, Barzagli, Chiellini, Evra; Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah; Kagawa; Tevez, Llorente.

Bench: Scuffet; Caceres, Bonucci, Manolas/Doria, Ogbonna; Marrone, Pirlo, Pereyra; Nani, Keita, Coman, Chicharito, Morata.

This squad would be so young, talented and full of options. With young players ready to breakout in the first team next season.
Add Berardi, Rugani, Sturaro next year, and we are kind of set for the next years if everything pans out.

Scuffet would replace Buffon in the long term;
Caceres can give more 3 or 4 years of solid RB if Licht leaves;
Rugani to succeed Barzagli;
Ogbonna/Manolas/Doria to replace Bonucci;
Sturaro, Marrone, Asamoah, Pogba, Pereyra for the mid, all still young;
Kagawa still fairly young, providing a good option as an AM;
Coman, Keita as wonderkids who could replace Tevez as a starter;
Chicharito and Morata also young, to succeed LLorente.

Me likey it

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

I remember we were linked with him before?

T. Silva potential? :p
Yes, actually we submitted an official offer to Botafogo, which was refused. We couldn't reach their asking price. This was like 1 or 2 years ago.

About his potential, I'm not really sure. Haven't seen him play much lately. But when he started playing, and was a starter as a 17yr old kid, he definitely looked great.

- - - Updated - - -

@Mark

What's this Muriel rumour I see floating around the last couple days? Anything to it?

The other is some Zapata - Giovinco swap? BS? Or?
About Zapata, I really doubt we'd offer Giovinco, since his value is higher and we only have 4 forwards. Giovinco is going nowhere.

But Zapata wouldn't cost much. He'd be easily attainable IMO with an offer like 1.5M loan + 6/7M obbligation to buy.

He has been atrocious during last years though.

And I've read that Inzaghi doesn't really rate him highly, but doesn't want to improve Juventus.

About Muriel, I'm pretty sure that we would offer something like 1M loan + Marrone + 6M obbligation to buy. Udinese is probably high on Marrone, we'll ship him away anyway.

Muriel looks like our most realistic forward purchase right now, honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I could definitely see us get Zapata and Muriel on fairly cheap deals to close the mercato, considering Vidal stays.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005

Chelsea are keeping close tabs on Doria too.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

Good point about Botafogo being on the red. Which makes me wonder why nobody has showed interest over him yet and i also include bigger Brazilian teams.

About the player having to choice to leave after 3 months without payment, well, Dória was one of the only two players who got paid, so let's scratch off the possibility of getting him for close to nothing. Something below 10m would be a good deal i reckon. Worst case scenario he might not become world class but a decent defender and has the right nationality to be sold for better money afterwards.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
About Vidal - IF United will actually make an offer, and IF Vidal really is willing to leave - what do you think about an offer of 30M + Chicharito + Nani + Kagawa?

IF we have to sell Vidal, this would look like a decent offer to me. With the 30M, I'd happily splash it in Scuffet (15M) and Balde Keita (20M).

Chicharito 10M Nani 10M Kagawa 14M +30M=total of 64M
I think we can get much more than that for Vidal and I really dont think Nani is the player that will take us to the next level
Kagawa I dont rate him that high either... as for Chicharito he wouldnt be a bad sub...
Scuffet is very talented and could be a one season wonder but I`d take the risk and sign him as his price would rise much higher if he proves himself in the upcoming year as well...
Keita- He is young and not a bad player at all but do we need him or a player like him for the future when we have so many other talented players?

Selling Vidal wouldnt be such a bad business even though I hope he stays but I think we should only sell him for a crazy offer or a cash+WC player like Di Maria

I think we did a mistake in not pursuing Sanchez as he could have been the player we lack

I wouldnt say no to a 80M offer as I`d use the money to bring Hummels 35M this year and use the other 45M for Reus in a deal that brings him in the next year (I doubt Dortmund will say no to an additional 10M on their 35M clause that will probably be fulfilled...)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I wish we could get a crazy offer for Vidal... but knowing Marotta, I really doubt he'd leave for a 60M offer. It would be less than that. I think there's a chance he'd leave for something like 45/50M and no players, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)