Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that we're going to go into another rebuilding cycle shortly, and I don't see how we would be a realistic CL challenger by selling Vidal amd using that to buy Jovetic and Guarin. Marrotta, with each passing year, doesn't seem like he can take this team beyond where we are at right now. It's just more of the same every year. There has to be something wrong, if we can't add a game changing player to our ranks, and continue to spend chunks of the budget on mid level players. It is going to be a repetitive cycle, with varied ceilings. Like winning Serie a every few years and improving the quality of bench players with each passing year to help us sustain a certain level domestically, but no real possibility of being a realistic challenger for the CL even on paper. We've spent a bit from our budget and we still don't have a single player, who actually is a value adding starter. There's Evra if we play a 433, but he's 33, so even he will need replacing shortly. I don't know how the mercato will end, but seeing how things are going, I think our best bet is to hold on to Vidal, rather than relish the possibilities of what 60m could bring us.
There is some issue here with the change of coach and not wanting to initially tamper with the 3-5-2. Of course for Allegri if he can keep the ball rolling in Serie A he would be happy that, maybe change things up a bit in the CL, but for him it's risky to try to fix something that isn't inherently broken. Improving it is different. For that reason it probably isn't wise to now spend €25m on a player who needs a change in formation.

It's probably no surprise that our €20m signing fits directly into 3-5-2, and any formation we play, whereas the likes of Pereyra or Coman would better suit a back four variant.

If we start to change the formation up over the season with those players (plus maybe Pepe) then it gives a clear idea and chance to really improve the starting line up in the next major window (likely summer 2015). With 3-5-2 there is next to no room to improve it. You can look at Bonucci or Llorente at a push (Morata alternative now), but really there aren't a million great sweepers around, and not in our scope.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Of course we'll have a rebuilding cycle. Have you seen the age of our squad ? And anyone who believes we're only one signing away from competing for the CL, needs a medical check-up in Manchester...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
There is some issue here with the change of coach and not wanting to initially tamper with the 3-5-2. Of course for Allegri if he can keep the ball rolling in Serie A he would be happy that, maybe change things up a bit in the CL, but for him it's risky to try to fix something that isn't inherently broken. Improving it is different. For that reason it probably isn't wise to now spend €25m on a player who needs a change in formation.

It's probably no surprise that our €20m signing fits directly into 3-5-2, and any formation we play, whereas the likes of Pereyra or Coman would better suit a back four variant.

If we start to change the formation up over the season with those players (plus maybe Pepe) then it gives a clear idea and chance to really improve the starting line up in the next major window (likely summer 2015). With 3-5-2 there is next to no room to improve it. You can look at Bonucci or Llorente at a push (Morata alternative now), but really there aren't a million great sweepers around, and not in our scope.
I agree with this. And even if this will be a transitioning season, it doesnt men we forcefully need to suck. Allegri has great men at his disposal to put a good show, unlike in Milan. And we underperformed hardcore in the CL. So we can just improve in that regard.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
If, (a big IF) he asks to leave...Asamoah can take his place without a doubt. The guy has good stamina, is strong as $#@!, has a good shot and even when he is no Vidal, the damage done by his departure will not be fatal if asamosh is around.

Dont get surprised if your team gets owned by Juve this season. Weirder things have happened

You seem to forget he has the African Cup of Nations to attend and the fatigue that lingers for months after.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
it has been really quiet the last few days in terms of signing an offensive player. could it be that we will add a CB and then close the mercato? it really looks like that at the moment. we already have 5 strikers (if we count Coman) for the 3-5-2 and enough versatile mids that allow us a change of formations...

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
If we are to sell pound for pound for the most complete midfielder in world football today, I want our club to buy better players than Jovetic/Isco and Guarin.

Simple as that.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Look, its very simple

Every attacking midfielder is "a cam" when they are young, and they all want to play in the center. Few prefer the flank. However, some just got qualities that make coaches put them there. Especially looking at a formation.

Our central midfield is Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba. Asamoah is a good cm, but not that good. He doesnt excell in any area for a central midfielder, where as Pogba Vidal and Pirlo each excell in certain area's, wich becomes every area when combining it.

Asamoah got great qualities to be a defensive winger, and basically win the duels for the flank. There is a reason he's highly praised by analysts. Asamoah isnt good enough to be a starter with a top team in the centre. But he is when you want a robust wide midfielder to lock the opponent down, and muscle the play forward whilst giving no quarters in organisation.

Chiellini as a left back is not a waste. Because pure defensively, he's top3 in the world in that position when he plays a few games. offensively he's not that good, but he can take alot of work off an offensive left winger, because of all that defensive solidity behind him.

Messi on the left wing would be a waste because he cant put inside, but against excellent defences, "inside right winger" is his best position.

- - - Updated - - -

The equivalent of Vidal, is probably Kroos himself.

With the key difference that Kroos doesnt carry a team(yet).
Where do I start?

Asamoah doesn't excel in any area? Asamoah would start for many top teams in the centre. We don't use him because we're the only top team which opted to play with a regista in all our games.

You overrate Chiellini.

Messi on the wing would go circles around the the top 3 defender in the world. With an orange.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Where do I start?

Asamoah doesn't excel in any area? Asamoah would start for many top teams in the centre. We don't use him because we're the only top team which opted to play with a regista in all our games.

You overrate Chiellini.

Messi on the wing would go circles around the the top 3 defender in the world. With an orange.
But why does united ask for Marchisio and now Vidal, and not Asamoah ?
He's a player who's good at pretty much everything, but doesnt excell in something, for a cm.
Its nice that you confirm we got alot of depth on the bench.
As leftwingback or leftmidfielder, he can use most of his qualities, and showed he can follow his tactical instructions very closely. Coaches adore such players.

I'm not overrating Chiellini. Pure defensively, there are pretty much no good fullbacks. He's one of the very few. Mind you, i said pure defensively.

Messi in the center(against average defences (aka most in the world nowadays)), or on the right works amazingly.

On the left he would still be amazing, but it would be harder for him to score cause he's left footed. So thats why i said "leftwing" is a waste. I think you forgot i said "left wing" in the original post ;)

Messi is not even top 3 forward in the world.
Against heynckens bayern, or against germany, there are easely 5 more effective forwards.

Unless wingers count as forwards nowadays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)