Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2013-14) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Wel, altho i'd prefer suarez, in a nani versus robben debate, there isnt much of a debate

nani might be inconsistent and not good in perhaps half the games

But robben is injured in half, and trying to get back to fit in the other half

so its kinda clear who'd be the best for us. also, nani was pretty excellent at the euroz

still want suarez more tho :p
Robben is a 100 times better than Nani. He is on a whole different level. Robben is world class. Nani is nothing special at all. I'd rather have Valencia than Nani.

- - - Updated - - -

3-5-1-1 :inter:

If we're going to stick with the 3-5-2, then we need the right players for it. Hence, we can't play that formation with Lichtsteiner and Asamoah as our wingbacks.
I believe with strikers that can actually think,move, get into positions, finish chances and make runs licht and asa will look a lot better than they do now.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Conte is currently playing 3-6-1 right ?
or more like

gk
rcb-cb-lcb
deep playmaker
rwb------------lwb
cm--cm
treq
cf​

that actually very easely converts into :

buffon
barzagli-bonucci-chiellini
pogba
vidal---asamoah
nani--marchisio--isla
llorente​
Yeah, I think it was Dominic who pointed out that, in many situations, the positions Juve players are in when attacking in ~3-5-2 really isn't that different to what they were in when playing 4-3-3.

The big diffence really comes when defending, and that is why I believe it is essential for Juve to come up with some sort of alternative system that allows them to play something resembling an orthodox back four at times.

Even today you could see the adjustment from Conte towards the back four, since Chielini was playing pretty much as left-back a lot of the time in order to play Cerci and make sure Asamoah was free to move higher up the pitch, but so as to not leave Juve exposed.

With Chiellini and Barzagli both being comfortable in wide areas, Juve just need one wing-back capable of playing a role something like an orthodox wide player in a 4-4-2 so that they can switch between three and four in defence during games.

Isla, in theory, and Pepe are the only players Juve have just now who I'd consider capable of performing such a role to a decent standard.

A

B---C---D

E---F---G---H---I

J

K

------------------------------

A

E---B---C---D

---F---G---H---I

J-----------

K

----------------------------

A

B---C---D---I

E---F---G---H---

------------J

K​

Is the sort of adjustment it would be really useful if Juve were able to make. Would be asking too much to have the players to allow the system to be twisted either way, but one or the other should be attainable. Just a pity that Isla is the guy to make it work, as it would be better (since Chiellini is a better left-back than Barzagli is right-back) is the guy to move from wing-back to wide midfield was on the left.

Lichtsteiner, Asamoah and Peluso all have the ability to be the wing-back who drops back into an orthodox full-back position, but don't really have the attacking quality to step forward and play the more advanced role.

For tactial flexibility, Sanchez would probably be ideal as 'J'.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We are comfortably winning the league by a margin, made our way to the quarterfinal stage of the CL topping a difficult group while using the 3-5-2 without having any world class strikers or SS on the squad. We lost to a very strong Bayern Munich that looks like winning the CL and that was our first CL experience in a long time and Conte's first in his coaching career. If anything, this is evidence of the great success of the 3-5-2 people here are against.. I dont see the need for a 4-3-3 except as a plan B that we would rarely use.
To me this sounds as stupid as Barca dumping their Tiki-Taka and losing some of their best players to change formations when their old system is what got them all this success.

Next season, the team will have gelled even more together, Pogba and Vidal will develop even further, Giovinco will have adapted more, Llorente will be a part of our attack and we might even sign a new better striker if not Suarez/Sanchez/Ibra/Jovetic. Our squad is complete in the 3-5-2, our defense is impenetrable, our midfield is almost impossible to run over... there is no wisdom in starting over from scratch when what we already have works very very well. We are one SS away from a world class squad i dont think its wise to replace last year's signings who did their freaking job well with gambling on the likes of cuadrado and Digne when we have a gaping hole in attack. Complete the team based on the so far very successful 3-5-2 and then do minor tweaks here and there.

When pepe gets back we can switch to the 4-3-3 btw as a plan B but it should not be a plan A anytime soon.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
it's frustratingly easy to overlook the play style when we are achieving good seasons; but anyone objective can see that we are playing worse and worse since 2nd half of last season

in italy we too often lucky to win and at worse times when we lost we were pathetic and unable to threaten the opposition

in europe, aside from 2 great matches against a weakened disorganized chelsea we were truly outsider just as conte admited

we once drew against a dannish minnow, almost lost against shaktar at home and quite lucky to win away, we got dominated by celtic twice (ffs) and finally bayern stopped us completely (on a comparison at least arsenal scored goals against them, we totally couldn't)

hardly a convincing european campaign if one truly analyse that.

that we were proven capable of playing much better than that is what drive me mad when I think about it.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
:sergio:

this muriel hype has to stop
Yeah, I think it was Dominic who pointed out that, in many situations, the positions Juve players are in when attacking in ~3-5-2 really isn't that different to what they were in when playing 4-3-3.

The big diffence really comes when defending, and that is why I believe it is essential for Juve to come up with some sort of alternative system that allows them to play something resembling an orthodox back four at times.

Even today you could see the adjustment from Conte towards the back four, since Chielini was playing pretty much as left-back a lot of the time in order to play Cerci and make sure Asamoah was free to move higher up the pitch, but so as to not leave Juve exposed.

With Chiellini and Barzagli both being comfortable in wide areas, Juve just need one wing-back capable of playing a role something like an orthodox wide player in a 4-4-2 so that they can switch between three and four in defence during games.

Isla, in theory, and Pepe are the only players Juve have just now who I'd consider capable of performing such a role to a decent standard.

A

B---C---D

E---F---G---H---I

J

K

------------------------------

A

E---B---C---D

---F---G---H---I

J-----------

K

----------------------------

A

B---C---D---I

E---F---G---H---

------------J

K​

Is the sort of adjustment it would be really useful if Juve were able to make. Would be asking too much to have the players to allow the system to be twisted either way, but one or the other should be attainable. Just a pity that Isla is the guy to make it work, as it would be better (since Chiellini is a better left-back than Barzagli is right-back) is the guy to move from wing-back to wide midfield was on the left.

Lichtsteiner, Asamoah and Peluso all have the ability to be the wing-back who drops back into an orthodox full-back position, but don't really have the attacking quality to step forward and play the more advanced role.

For tactial flexibility, Sanchez would probably be ideal as 'J'.
Lulic might fit that description?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I agree with Treq we can't go on with the 3-5-2 without proper wingers and forwards. It's too much to spend and we can't do that. Just when you ask for a proper LWB people start with the likes of Marcelo and Coentrao :sergio: Getting them is as realistic as getting Suarez for attack.

Buy a proper RWF and go on with the 4-3-3. It's realistic to achieve. I can stand Peluso or Chiellini as LB. The first is a true LB decent at defending and not that bad with crossing the second is a rock there. Both are better than playing Asamoah as LWB. Who offers nothing going forward just like Licht as RWB.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
it's frustratingly easy to overlook the play style when we are achieving good seasons; but anyone objective can see that we are playing worse and worse since 2nd half of last season

in italy we too often lucky to win and at worse times when we lost we were pathetic and unable to threaten the opposition

in europe, aside from 2 great matches against a weakened disorganized chelsea we were truly outsider just as conte admited

we once drew against a dannish minnow, almost lost against shaktar at home and quite lucky to win away, we got dominated by celtic twice (ffs) and finally bayern stopped us completely (on a comparison at least arsenal scored goals against them, we totally couldn't)

hardly a convincing european campaign if one truly analyse that.

that we were proven capable of playing much better than that is what drive me mad when I think about it.
:lol: :lol:

yes, lets just ignore the fact we outplayed chelsea at home, raped celtic (despite the fact you didn't watch the game) beat shakhtar away from home, topped our group which was arguably one of the hardest in the competition, 2nd to real madrid's group imo. and reached a quarter finals in our first year in the Cl for 3 years having been statistically the best defence and 2nd best attack in the competition up till the quarter finals

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Beppe denied links with Sanchez and Robben.

“Robben is playing with great authority and with great ability in a club that is certainly the best in Europe at this time.

“Meanwhile, Sanchez is at Barcelona and he cost them an extremely important fee and I think he’ll remain there.

“I’m glad that there are these links, but I really do not have anything else to say about them apart from the fact that I admire these two talents.”

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Beppe denied links with Sanchez and Robben.

“Robben is playing with great authority and with great ability in a club that is certainly the best in Europe at this time.

“Meanwhile, Sanchez is at Barcelona and he cost them an extremely important fee and I think he’ll remain there.

“I’m glad that there are these links, but I really do not have anything else to say about them apart from the fact that I admire these two talents.”
Osvaldo :superhapp:

llorrente, osvaldo upfront
CL here we come :klin:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
If we do sign Zlatan,how do you think we'll play?

Zlatan-Llorente partnership?you think it will work?

Or Llorente will be Zlatan's sub?which i doubt...

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I wish we'll switch to a 4-3-1-2 so that we can accommodate playing Diamanti, Osvaldo and Pazzini in the same line up when we sign them.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
If we are playing Zlatan and Llorente, we better get some good WB which can deliver good cross to make use of our two big guys in front.
If we playing someone else like Suarez with Llorente, i understand the big small partnership which doesnt really depends on on our WB's crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)