Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2012-13) (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Assuming these rumors about Juve going for 2 big stars is true for a minute.

It would almost certainly mean in that case that BOTH Matri and Quagliarella would be leaving. Remarkably, both Matri is on only 1.6m a year NET and Quags is on 2m a year net.

Both have "potential" market values of around EU12m each. So in theory, if Juve were to sell both they would receive 24m in proceeds + save wage cost of EU7m a year (as they pay out pre-tax).

Now, if Juve for example went for both Jovetic AND RVP: Jovetic transfer fee is likely to be no less than EU25m while RVP's transfer price is probably no more than 20m (not even Man City or ManU would agree to pay much more than that for a player with a year left on his contract). Total transfer fees for both players is EU55m. However, Jovetic will probably earn 4m a year net and RVP 9m (maybe more!) - that equates to EU26m in additional wage cost.

So NET transfer fee for selling Quags and Matri and buying Jovetic and RVP = ~30m
BUT net increase in wage cost for Juventus = 19m a year!

Thats the key issue - wages. Buffon accepted a 2m salary cut = 4m saving in wage cost for Juve. So you are looking at minimum increase in the wage bill of 15m a year and the increased squad will likely result in around 25-30m a year in extra wage costs. Perhaps that could be doable with the extra revenue.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
Well it isn't August yet so I am still patient. But we better have a forwards that CAN do his preseason with US, because if he is The Guy for us and we miss him in preseason for a few millions that might turn out quite disappointing.
JoJo/Suarez (if they are planned as SSs rather than CFs) might came a bit later, but we have to have our starting CF rather sooner imho.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I don't think that we will get both Jovetic + RVP. Its extremely unlikely. All I am saying is, that it can be justified financially as long as we are capable of doing the improbably. That is, managing to dispose of Krasic, Melo, Pazienza, Padoin, Matri & Quagliarella at good prices. The transfer fees on those sales could potentially be as much as 48m with the transfer fees of Jovetic and RVP being around 45m (25m for jojo and 20m for RVP). Wages saved on those departing amount to 7m net or 14m gross (not including Melo who we didn't pay last season as he was on loan). Wages for JoJo and RVP are going to be 4m and 9m net a piece - or 26m gross.

So it would require an additional wage budget of 12m a year but you then subtract the pay cut for Buffon but then add the wages of the new squad players......it is highly possible given that overall revenue is likely to be up by AT LEAST 25m a year.

Just saying.......unlikely to execute but definitely financially plausible. I did the numbers.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I don't think that we will get both Jovetic + RVP. Its extremely unlikely. All I am saying is, that it can be justified financially as long as we are capable of doing the improbably. That is, managing to dispose of Krasic, Melo, Pazienza, Padoin, Matri & Quagliarella at good prices. The transfer fees on those sales could potentially be as much as 48m with the transfer fees of Jovetic and RVP being around 45m (25m for jojo and 20m for RVP). Wages saved on those departing amount to 7m net or 14m gross (not including Melo who we didn't pay last season as he was on loan). Wages for JoJo and RVP are going to be 4m and 9m net a piece - or 26m gross.

So it would require an additional wage budget of 12m a year but you then subtract the pay cut for Buffon but then add the wages of the new squad players......it is highly possible given that overall revenue is likely to be up by AT LEAST 25m a year.

Just saying.......unlikely to execute but definitely financially plausible. I did the numbers.
Its financially possible, but very unlikely to happen in our current situation. Its the end of July and we still struggle to offload all of the above players. If we manage to offload them, its not gonna be for the price we want. It will be lower or at worse case scenario a loan.

And I dont think that Conte wants to completely renew the frontline btw. Thats too much of a player change. One of Matri and Quag will stay, you will see.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
According to skysport24 Pazzini has now received a call from Marotta..

we better be getting Jo-jo as well otherwise it would be a sh!it move in all honesty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)