Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Oh boy, good thing this is the wishlidt thread, because else a lot of people will be up for a big dissapointement next summer.

My realistic signings for next summer:

out:
DP
Borriello
Grosso
Melo
Ziegler
Esti
Krasic

In:
Rossi +/- 12-15MEuro
Giaccherini (don't know if and how much a fee we negotiated)
Giovinco
Kolarov

I guess we shouldn't expect much more then this.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That would be one very disappointing Mercato Chester, especially with the CL and better sponsorship deals. None of these players are at Ibra's level. We need someone like him, if we hope to remain competitive on more than one front.

If we go cheap, compromise quality at the expense of quantity and being cheap again, I fear a relapse of the past two seasons is a very likely outcome.

Quality signings = Solid campaign and a good performance in the CL
Quantity signings = 5'th - 7'th place finish and utter humiliation in Europe

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 15:52 ----------

Ã…rhus, also called Aarhus :D
Nice place, isn't it? :D

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Oh boy, good thing this is the wishlidt thread, because else a lot of people will be up for a big dissapointement next summer.

My realistic signings for next summer:

out:
DP
Borriello
Grosso
Melo
Ziegler
Esti
Krasic

In:
Rossi +/- 12-15MEuro
Giaccherini (don't know if and how much a fee we negotiated)
Giovinco
Kolarov

I guess we shouldn't expect much more then this.
Oh but we should. If we secure a direct qual to CL we definatly should expect more.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Definitely. If that's the shit Marotta is getting us, he should be fired by the end of August. We can't afford to be penny pinching and looking for bargain/basement deals.

Marotta needs to expand his outlook, and look beyond Italian players and the local market.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
His contract is up this summer anyway, I think.

NO TO A MAROTTA RENEWEL!!

This guy's already talking about the difficulties of getting a top player (preparing everyone for disappointment).

Get someone with some balls, vision and the wherewithal to make things happen. Out with mid-table aspirations.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
That would be one very disappointing Mercato Chester, especially with the CL and better sponsorship deals. None of these players are at Ibra's level. We need someone like him, if we hope to remain competitive on more than one front.

If we go cheap, compromise quality at the expense of quantity and being cheap again, I fear a relapse of the past two seasons is a very likely outcome.

Quality signings = Solid campaign and a good performance in the CL
Quantity signings = 5'th - 7'th place finish and utter humiliation in Europe

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 15:52 ----------

Nice place, isn't it? :D
I am not saying I would be pleased with it, but I think it is the only realistic campaign.
Rossi and Giovinco as premier signings this summer would sicken me to no end.
:agree:
Oh but we should. If we secure a direct qual to CL we definatly should expect more.
I know, but I am afraid that the expectations won't be fullfilled
Definitely. If that's the shit Marotta is getting us, he should be fired by the end of August. We can't afford to be penny pinching and looking for bargain/basement deals.

Marotta needs to expand his outlook, and look beyond Italian players and the local market.
Has he done anything in the last two season which make you confident he will be looking outside Italy or italian player much?
IMO not, only Vidal, krasic and Elia, and two of them aren't even playing

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
[/COLOR]
I really hope we don't sign some overpriced big name.
It depends on who that big name is. Suarez and Higuain are well worth the money.

I'd rather we go all out on creating a formidable attack (seeing as our midfield is set), by replacing both Pepe and Matri (relegating them to the bench).

Sign Astori for defensive cover, and if we can get a LB at a decent price, so be it. If not, DC, Caceres, and even Chiellini will do.

Btw, where did u get that image from? I searched 20 pages of google images, all to no avail :p

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 16:47 ----------

Has he done anything in the last two season which make you confident he will be looking outside Italy or italian player much?
IMO not, only Vidal, krasic and Elia, and two of them aren't even playing
Unfortunately not :sad: However, perhaps his task was made more difficult with the lack of appeal at that time (not to mention no European/CL football). With CL football looming, a new stadium, and new/more lucrative sponsorship deals, I think he can be more confident in approaching bigger and better targets.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It depends on who that big name is. Suarez and Higuain are well worth the money.

I'd rather we go all out on creating a formidable attack (seeing as our midfield is set), by replacing both Pepe and Matri (relegating them to the bench).

Sign Astori for defensive cover, and if we can get a LB at a decent price, so be it. If not, DC, Caceres, and even Chiellini will do.
Well, you'll never know whether or not someone is worth the money. That's the tricky part.

Both Suarez & Higuain are good players.
If they are willing to sign on our terms, go for it. If they want to earn (a lot) more than what our current highest wages are, walk away. Which we will do, have no doubt about it.

Btw, where did u get that image from? I searched 20 pages of google images, all to no avail :p
A gentleman never tells. No wait, that has nothing to do with me.

Nah, seriously, I just don't remember. Saved it somewhere a while ago (with a while meaning everything from a few months to a few years), could have been any funny pics site, really.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Unfortunately not :sad: However, perhaps his task was made more difficult with the lack of appeal at that time (not to mention no European/CL football). With CL football looming, a new stadium, and new/more lucrative sponsorship deals, I think he can be more confident in approaching bigger and better targets.
We still have the wages issue in Italy so it stays hard to compete with the other leagues as long as that isn't solved.
We can have Cl football and all, the wages will always stay a problem to convince players like Higuain or Suarez since they will also attract teams from leagues with a possibility to give higher wages.
Money remains the main priority, even for those who already have plenty.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:sad: :cry: :sigh:

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 17:45 ----------

Well, you'll never know whether or not someone is worth the money. That's the tricky part.

Both Suarez & Higuain are good players.
If they are willing to sign on our terms, go for it. If they want to earn (a lot) more than what our current highest wages are, walk away. Which we will do, have no doubt about it.

A gentleman never tells. No wait, that has nothing to do with me.

Nah, seriously, I just don't remember. Saved it somewhere a while ago (with a while meaning everything from a few months to a few years), could have been any funny pics site, really.
I think the whole "our terms" deal is a bit exaggerated. In any sort/form of negotiations, there have to be sacrifices/compromises from all parties involved. I don't think we should be held to ransom, but we can't dictate our demands, refusing to budge, particularly if we want a quality/big name acquisition.

I'll try to find other funny pics then :p :stuckup:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I think the whole "our terms" deal is a bit exaggerated. In any sort/form of negotiations, there have to be sacrifices/compromises from all parties involved. I don't think we should be held to ransom, but we can't dictate our demands, refusing to budge, particularly if we want a quality/big name acquisition.
In an ideal world, I agree, but in the world of football players, we already noticed that money makes the difference so you can hope for as many sacrifices as you want, I am afraid realistically speaking, the really big names won't choose us as long as we won't match the Man Cities, Chelseas and other teams in the world.

But God how do I hope I am wrong.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Rumours of a switch to Paris Saint Germain for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez are sure to grow after the player told Canal+ he could be open to such a move.

Suarez has endured a stormy 12 months in the Premier League, scoring 10 goals in 32 appearances and being affected by disciplinary problems - the worst of which was an eight-game ban for the use of racially offensive language towards Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

Last week, PSG indicated they would make a move for the Uruguay international in the summer, though Reds boss Kenny Dalglish insisted there was no chance he would be sold. But now the player has suggested he is willing to move to the big spending Ligue 1 leaders the situation could change.

Diego Lugano, captain of Uruguay and a staunch supporter of Suarez during the racism row, is at PSG and Suarez said he would "love" to play alongside him at club level. That said, Lugano is something of an outcast at PSG and has started only nine Ligue 1 games this season.

Suarez said: "Yes, I could come to Paris, like lots of other clubs. There are lots of big clubs with such a reputation who want to build a strong team and Paris are one of these teams who buy to strengthen their side.

"I would love to play at the same club as him (Lugano
)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)