Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The crossing maybe cack because at times he seems to overun the ball, but I think Licht is a large reason why Krasic doesn't find space in this team, and that says a lot about him as an RB.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Dulevic, how would you rate Basta? He was pretty good in Red Star - then he completely went under the radar, and now I actually think he's becoming a solid player.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
If you want an excellent central defender go for Astori from Cagliari.

6 months left on his contract.

Going to be huge. Too much talent.
yes i totally agree with this it is astonishing as noone talks about astori he is not word class but at 0 he is a superb deal

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
The crossing maybe cack because at times he seems to overun the ball, but I think Licht is a large reason why Krasic doesn't find space in this team, and that says a lot about him as an RB.
the reason why krasic doesn't find space is because he is not good enough especially for our game

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I hope we stay away from Caceres for that kind of money (even 8M is pushing it really, really hard for a backup quality player).

Kolarov, though, that one I would honestly like to have.

The thing is that no one in the team bar Pepe has Vidal's work rate and it is a very important part of our game. Pepe has a nice work rate too but I believe that we definitely need someone better offensively than Pepe on the right side of the trident. Therefore, if you remove both Pepe and Vidal, our formation would be unbalanced imo.
You are overrating workrate a bit there. I'm not saying it's not useful, because it damn is, but it's not as fulcral as you make it sound in my opinion. Very few top teams have a central midfielder with a workrate as good as Vidal's, but they still have sick midfields. In this case, we'd be swaping Vidal's work rate for De Rossi's tactical awareness and we'd still have a very good amount of work rate provided by Marchisio (and even DDR).

Vidal's the most definite starter in midfield imo. It's his workrate and flexibility that allows Pirlo and Marchisio to do their job so well, and he's also pretty dangerous when it comes to creating opportunities.
I think Marchisio would be dropped. Especially if it allows us to field 3 proper fowards who are capable of consistent scoring.
Marchisio is the only definite starter in our midfield.

Droping him would mean drop half of our goal attempts as he's always the extra man in the area (making it look like he's the SS next to Matri). It would also mean a way weaker transition proccess (mostly the defense-attack one). Plus, having a midfield of Vidal - Pirlo - De Rossi would most probably affect our organized attack, as the mesallas are both better suited for the defensive phase and no one offers the "one-two" opportunities or the attacking off the ball movement that Marchisio does.

Anyway, thinking twice, I'd probably let Marchisio and Vidal stay in the team and hesitate between Pirlo and De Rossi. Rotate them according to the opponent would probably be the better option. :p

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
i was looking at kolarov vs lischt
lischt > kolarov
in total lischt is much better
has a pretty good defensive phase and a good attacing phase and i agree that his crosses are not that good
much better attacking phase but his defensive phase mehhhhh
and he should have a very high price
and you should consider that with him in our defense we could play like this

kolarov bonucci barzagli lischt
kolarov chiellini barzagli lischt
chiellini bonucci barzagli lischt

you must take in accaunt that we have pirlo in front of our defense and that with 3 cb at defense we have found balance and that is very important with kolarov on the left we would be very offensive so i would still chose the 3 option unless we get a lb that is good in defending and can offer balance i don't think kolarov can do that

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
the reason why krasic doesn't find space is because he is not good enough especially for our game

Krasic is a good player per se. His traits however are better suited to a more open, less tactically imposing league or style of play.

The reason Krasic doesn't find space is twofold. A) he doesn't contribute to our pressing style largely because his game entails running into open spaces and an inclination to cut into the centre without offering anyhing defensively. B) because Licht does contribute to our style of play and almost mans the entire flank in a way Krasic hasn't even in his good times at the club.

May 22, 2007
He would surely take #10 from whichever player has it now. :seven:

Actually I think they're completley different :D

Kolarov is great going forward but average at defending.

Licht is great defending and average at going forward.
Perhaps great at the running part, but the final delivery is too erratic. He seems to hit the ball as hard as he can in the hope it'll go somewhere.

I still expect De Rossi to resign with Roma. Having said that, he'd make our midfield unbreakable. Having said that.. his addition to our current set-up would go at the cost of width and attacking threat, of which one could argue is already among our weaker points.
We'd definitely have to get a left back that would dominate the entire flank and have good end product. Like Maicon under Mourinho. And it isn't happening. I don't rate Lichtsteiner's offensive game enough to consider him good enough to completely own the right either, works better with Pepe who at least can hit a curving ball into the right sort of area.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Really? Marrotta didn't have a higher rate of failure than Moggi? I won't be surprised, considering he's bought two full squads in his time here :lol:

Of course, players can fail at any point, but certain dipshit players are more likely to fail than others.

And on one hand you give credit to Marotta for our best defenders, mids and attackers. On the other hand you say he doesn't make the decisions? Let me remind you that Del Neri didn't want Diego or Trez out of his squad, yet they were sold, so he did MAKE those decisions. However, with Conte, there was a very clear change in his policies as certain players being sought were more specific to Conte's liking. While DelNeri had no say in what Marrotta did, and we all saw the results, Conte does. And that's why we have moved better overall this year than we did last.

You obviously haven't looked at the numbers yet. Somebody needs to show you the kind of money we have spent since Marrotta came here so someone can help you take your blinders off. Because they seem stuck somewhere that you can't see them.
mercato it is done both by coach and and dg but marotta last year and this year has done mostly himself last year he didn't have much time to work and the results were bad moves like martinez and motta
this year he had time to work and the results are evident , we knew what we were going for and even if we didn't get him we had a plan b , like when we didn't get inler we got vidal we didn't get aguero we went imediatly for vucinic ect
diego should have been sold cause he was bought for a lot of money and was a flop and if he had stayed i don't actually know were would have he played since the mediocre del neri plays with the 442 , where would diego fit here it was good selling him to not make his value decrease even more and make a big minus from him
and it was shown to be a good move since even when he went back to germany he flopped
and where did you get the news that del neri wanted trez never heard something like this ?
i said it before sending trez away was not a bad move you had 2 chooices
1 let him rot on the bench and give him his salary
2 give him half salary and resolve the contract

in this mercato as i said it before the only hand of conte was giac only players requested by him

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Sorry Gerd, as much as I would love to have this discussion with you, vie been over this way too many times. Again, as far this is concerned I am delighted to disagree with you but look forward to other discussions :)

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Krasic is a good player per se. His traits however are better suited to a more open, less tactically imposing league or style of play.

The reason Krasic doesn't find space is twofold. A) he doesn't contribute to our pressing style largely because his game entails running into open spaces and an inclination to cut into the centre without offering anyhing defensively. B) because Licht does contribute to our style of play and almost mans the entire flank in a way Krasic hasn't even in his good times at the club.
exactly he needs open space he is more suited to a premier league
he doesn't use his left leg at all
he is suited to games like we did last year conterattacks
he is not suited at possesion games
he has not any fantasy mostly he goes for the end to cross and since he does usually the same move this got old really quick and defenders started defending him better since they knew where he was going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)