Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Im not saying we shouldnt give him a kick in the ass, Im saying he has these attributes and like it or not he definitely has them.

As for our defenders - I like Demiral more but he seems uncomfortable. He is not there yet.

Danilo is class this year while Chiellini is class when not injured.
To me MDL is more of a Bonucci replacement rather than Chiellini as he also has playmaking skills.
Add Ramos to the mix and our defense could be iron steel!
The only thing we would still be needing is a great midfielder.

P.S it was mentioned Pirlo wanted Locatelli - I want someone with more goals and assists but to be honest, should we sign him he would be the most suitable player from our existing players unless Rabiot suddenly ups his offensive game
Given our problems with red cards, really ramos is not one I'd like us to consider

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Meh, that's up for debate. No way Lazio score when it's Demiral marking Caicedo...
Rewind the tape a little and you’ll see Demiral putting in a half assed effort on Correa. He was part of the blame on that goal, along with bonucci, bentancur, Cuadrado, and Dybala for losing possession in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Demiral has started to become a defensive juggernaut without any correlation to reality.
it’s been that way for awhile lol. There was a suggestion of exchanging him for aouar and people freaked out. Same shit happened with Caldara.

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think Demiral is exposed by the system. I know our 3 at the back is meant to be a 4 when we defend but it isn't panning out that way. He isn't suited to being dragged into defending fast forwards with room to run into down the wing which happened against Lazio.

To get the best out of him he should be in the middle dealing with balls in the box. I'd rather we ditch the 3 (given the balance of the team) and build with a 4 at the back.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Rewind the tape a little and you’ll see Demiral putting in a half assed effort on Correa. He was part of the blame on that goal, along with bonucci, bentancur, Cuadrado, and Dybala for losing possession in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

it’s been that way for awhile lol. There was a suggestion of exchanging him for aouar and people freaked out. Same shit happened with Caldara.
That half assed tackle is so subjective. He's being forced to step out and can easily commit a penalty mistake foul if he dives in... Correa simply does it brilliantly. If anything, Bentancur or Cuadrado should pull him down.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Still only 28. Late bloomer version of Nesta.

- - - Updated - - -

That half assed tackle is so subjective. He's being forced to step out and can easily commit a penalty mistake foul if he dives in... Correa simply does it brilliantly. If anything, Bentancur or Cuadrado should pull him down.
Same with Bonucci and Caicedo.
It's nonsense to come out and claim DeLigt/Demiral/Chiello would have done better. Could have, could not have. It simply wasn't as easy to defend as the tuz anti Bonucci brigade wants you to believe.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No point in discussing the fraudulent ass tackler - he is here to stay, unfortunately. Just like the frozen kebab, he will leave when he decides to, or when his contract finally runs out (unless he's given another extension).

Now, is he a good defender? The word good is subjective, and by modern standards, he's decent. However, had the traitorous ass tackler been playing in the era of greats like Scirea, Baresi, Bergomi, Maldini, and later Nesta and Cannavaro, he wouldn't have seen the likes of a football pitch, least of all for a team like ours.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Still only 28. Late bloomer version of Nesta.

- - - Updated - - -

Same with Bonucci and Caicedo.
It's nonsense to come out and claim DeLigt/Demiral/Chiello would have done better. Could have, could not have. It simply wasn't as easy to defend as the tuz anti Bonucci brigade wants you to believe.
It's not the same; Bonucci is right on Caicedo. All he needs to do is cover the only side he can probably score from...

Bonbon is a liability. Demiral is not better right now but the thing is he possibly could become better. That's the point here...

And if De Ligt can do some of the playmaking -that Bonucci is great at-, we're set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)