Winter mercato thread 2020 (61 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
:agree:

As long as Can is obligation you buy, good winter Mercato. I never expected us to improve our midfield or RB position in this window anyways, even if it would be nice. Got a nice young high potential talent and got rid of a wage burden that wasn’t contributing.

Thanks tootsie.
What about Eriksen?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What about Eriksen?
I never thought he was a realistic possibility this winter. If we didn’t sign Ramsey in the summer, maybe. Eriksen is just a better and far more durable Ramsey, but we can’t afford to have them both in the squad. Especially with all the other CMs and players who can play CAM (Berna, Costa, Dybala) that we have.

Annoying that Inter got him, and it’s a great move by Beppe, but due to sheer numbers and backlog in the mid, I can’t really be upset about us not going in for him right now. If he had lasted until summer when it’s easier to sell a couple of our surplus players and left on a bosman, different story.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I never thought he was a realistic possibility this winter. If we didn’t sign Ramsey in the summer, maybe. But Eriksen is just a better and far more durable Ramsey, we can’t afford to have them both in the squad. Especially with all the other CMs and players who can play CAM (Berna, Costa, Dybala) that we have.

Annoying that Inter got him, and it’s a great move by Beppe, but due to sheer numbers and backlog in the mid, I can’t really be upset about us not going in for him right now. If he had lasted until summer when it’s easier to sell a couple of our surplus players and left on a bosman, different story.
Dude

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I give you Arsenal, but too weak for Madrid? Sure you have seen their midfield right?
I have and besides Kroos (criticised by you), Modric and Casemiro he competed with M. Llorente, Kovacic, Isco and James. In other words, same flops as Ceballos himself. Obviously he could become another Sneijder here but I thought you guys wanted guarantees?
Plus, the rivalry didn't stop F. Valverde from breaking through, did it?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
2 checks with different “IS THIS WEBSITE DOWN” service indicate that the web site is Up!

I’d be interested to know if anyone here can access football Italia.net
Probably doing some site maintenance or recovery. They changed the landing page to the fixture/table page yesterday for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)