Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
This is lavish living with 2 hoes on bedside and a lion :lol:

You have misinterpreted this painting. You can see the lion and one of the girls have benn blessed by ancient Benatia and are now comfortably resting, almost in-between heaven and earth. Through our modern eyes and deep understanding we can now see that the fact the lion is male makes little difference when such natural talent is involved. The last girl on the other hand is obviously new,being uneducated she is worried sick if ancient Medhi isn't tired for that day. :alen:

All Rhodes lead to Malta ;)
Its a pre-roman thing and we can tell by their statues. Definitely not the Benatia proportions 'purists' are looking for. :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Would you guys sell for 40m or think we can get higher? Also, personally I think it's Barzagli's time, I don't really want him to sign a new contract. Maybe hold off on De Vrij? Man, I hate losing out on freebies though, as in a year they can turn out to be serious income drivers. My theory above though with so many CB's is I think next season we will see a major decline in Chiellini similar to how Licht sorta fell off a cliff.
Depends whether Rugani wants to continue as 5th choice cb and de vrij is an opportunity we cannot miss

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
You have misinterpreted this painting. You can see the lion and one of the girls have benn blessed by ancient Benatia and are now comfortably resting, almost in-between heaven and earth. Through our modern eyes and deep understanding we can now see that the fact the lion is male makes little difference when such natural talent is involved. The last girl on the other hand is obviously new,being uneducated she is worried sick if ancient Medhi isn't tired for that day. :alen:

Its a pre-roman thing and we can tell by their statues. Definitely not the Benatia proportions 'purists' are looking for. :lol:
:lol:

Mar 3, 2014
readying Montys posts in this thread i realized i dont see @italiacalcio10 posting anymore. i miss his financial inputs and explanations how we can afford James :D
I still lurk lol...
had a few changes in my life.

I worked for an independent asset manager - in corporate bonds. They got bought by a larger one, and I had a choice whether to accept a move doing equity analysis or take a severance package of 1.5 years salary. I went with the severance and locked up another job for January, which gave me 2 months off - so I screwed off to Colombia for 5 weeks. Other than probably needing a new liver, I got back together in one piece and an am now getting back in the swing of things. I'll start posting more regularly when I'm behind a boring desk again. ;)

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
I still lurk lol...

I worked for an independent asset manager - in corporate bonds. They got bought by a larger one, and I had a choice whether to accept a move doing equity analysis or take a severance package of 1.5 years salary. I went with the severance and locked up another job for January, which gave me 2 months off - so I screwed off to Colombia for 5 weeks. Other than probably needing a new liver, I got back together in one piece and an am now getting back in the swing of things. I'll start posting more regularly when I'm behind a boring desk again. ;)
a severance with no non-compete? that is sweet man

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I still lurk lol...

good to hear everything is OK, well, except that liver :baus:

you really have a thing for everything Colombia related dont you :D

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
So typical. Say something bad about people of color, different religion than Christianity or other sexuality and you're automatically racist :touched:

Primo,
Agnelli has been recently cleared from the accusations.

Secundo,
Calciopoli lol. You speak like a merda fan or somebody who has no clue what has really happened back in 2006.

Berlusconi's problems were political, not business or football related.

It's one thing to speak about Italy's love for affairs and arab families who got their fortunes by killing other arab families fighting for oil fields. People in those countries live in extreme poverty and basically have no rights. Exactly the things that supposedly Western world is trying to fight with. That's why I find it disturbing for them to come here and throw their dirty money on cheap Europeans who pretend to have virtues.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
First of all I am an Arab so this is not some leftist bs.

You said "When those arabic criminals will be kicked out of Europe.". You made it racial. You didnt say when will big money be kicked out of European football (which would have included multiple wealthy owners from all kind of races inflating the markets). Just when the owners are Arabs then they should be kicked out. You singled Arabs out as a race.

You are not bothered by Russian Oligarchs like Abramovich, or American Owners for UTD, Liverpool & Arsenal iirc. No problems with Madrid big money or UTD big money. But City & PSG... maaan those arab criminals are the worst

- - - Updated - - -

1. Russia is totally different than the rest of the continent. Politically, economically and socially. You cannot compare these two.

2. This is just the image given to Poland by western neoliberal media. In fact, we are very tolerant and always have been. However, because we don't want to lose our identity and religion, we are called racists.
What racism got to do with economical migration? Still, you are right that a lot of Poles have emigrated due to poor economical conditions within the country. However, we're not poor because we're lazy. We're poor because our so called allies sold us to Stalin 70 years ago. This is a discussion for a different bread though.

3. Polish Tv is not spreading anti islamic propaganda. They just say what neo liberal media are not allowed to say. The assassinations performed by Jihadists are a fact. The unwillingness to assimilate with Europeans is a fact. For some reason, countries like Sweden, France, Germany or UK are ok with becoming islamic countries. Poland wants to be Christian and why is that racist?

4. I'm not saying Berlusconi e tutti quanti are 100% clean. But you need to be stupid to compare them to Russian oligarchs like Abramovich or sheikhs.
They are entrepreneurials who got their fortunes thanks to their innovative thinking. Berlusconi was sentenced for his political actions, not business or football. Just look at the Italian businessmen who invested in football: Berlusconi - media and real estate; Agnelli: cars; Cragnotti: food. Only Moratti took his wealth from oil.

While sheikhs and oligarchs money has blood on it. That's why I'm disgusted seeing it in football.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Calciopoli doesnt strengthen your argument mate, it strengthens mine. If it is indeed a conspiracy then tells you all you need to know about Moratti, Berlusconi and others purely within the world of football.

Berlescuni is beyond corrupt. Check this out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trials_and_allegations_involving_Silvio_Berlusconi

From bribery to intimidation to sexual assault to sooo many things.

As for immigration into Europe. Yes lots of the immigrants into EU are economic migrants and its not racist to want to control the number of people coming in to ensure their integration. This has nothing to do with "when will we kick out those arabic criminals out of europe". The Mancity and PSG Sheikhs are not economic migrants or refugees. They are amongst the richest in the world. So dont pretend you were making a point about economic migrants, you were ranting about Arabs rich or poor.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
How could their be racism in Poland? I thought 99% of its population is Polish and Christian? I think most Jewish Poles aren't living their anymore.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Would you guys sell for 40m or think we can get higher? Also, personally I think it's Barzagli's time, I don't really want him to sign a new contract. Maybe hold off on De Vrij? Man, I hate losing out on freebies though, as in a year they can turn out to be serious income drivers. My theory above though with so many CB's is I think next season we will see a major decline in Chiellini similar to how Licht sorta fell off a cliff.
Yeah, we really should get rid of our reliable players. Sounds like an excellent plan.
I know he's old, but still.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, we really should get rid of our reliable players. Sounds like an excellent plan.
I know he's old, but still.
if he wants to stick around (aka, if hes motivated enough to continue playing at a high level), he can stay, im fine with that. experienced CB/RB depth (with Howedes probably gone) is good to have. if he doesent feel it anymore but the management wants to keep him, then thats a mistake imo. a player that lost his drive will not be useful. it all depends on Barza and his goals

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Just few people like you would actually believe in that ridiculous narrative that we dint need to sell Pogba to buy Higuain. And your justification to that argument is by saying 'Marotta usually doesn't lie'. It's hardly convincing. He lies plenty of times like every SD does who are not expected to be transparent in front of the media. We would've never done such a big transaction like that without guaranteeing ourselves of a big sale. How is that so hard to understand

Pogba wanted to leave but also because we couldn't afford the kind of wages he wanted. Marotta has gone on record saying we can't afford top level wages specifically in the case of Pogba so is he lying here or is he saying the truth ?

You seem to be in complete denial mode as if the reasons for players leaving aren't monetarily related at all.

It's not some sort of mere coincidence that we are spending more money on new players while equally benefitting from sales at the other end. It's how we've started to operate recently as player sales are also bumping up the revenue. We made €550M last year and the huge bump from the previous year was down to Pogba and Morata transfers. Ideally, the plan would to be around that mark every year.

We'll see what happens next summer. I am not saying it's unreasonable to see us spend €100M next summer just that in my point of view it's not 'unreasonable' either to see a big sale at the other end to balance the spending.
I didn't just cite what Marotta said, I also mentioned numbers and financial stmts, which are more important that what anyone says. And Marotta hardly ever lies. In fact, off the top of my head, only time I remember him lying was when he said we won't buy Pjanic before paying his RC a few days later lol.

Obviously, Pogba left b/c of money. I even pointed out in prev post that we can't pay players 10m+ in salary yet. So, not sure why you're pointing out salary. It's something very rudimentary...don't think anyone will disagree with you on that.

You were talking "net spending." And I was replying to "net spending."

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I follow the mercato religiously

Beppe lies a lot these days. You can ask Mark for proof. He also said we won't pay Higuaín's release clause. Lied about the Draxler saga etc. It's just business tactics which every SD follows.

There is no way we would've pulled off Higuaín without selling a big player. You would have to be naive to think otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

How could their be racism in Poland? I thought 99% of its population is Polish and Christian? I think most Jewish Poles aren't living their anymore.
The answer lies in your question.

Compare the demographics of Poland to other European countries like your own Netherlands for example, you'll get the answer.

Although it has to be said , people from other continents or countries hardly ever emigrate to Poland because there are better incentives elsewhere.

When somebody says Sweden, Denmark, Germany etc want to become Islamic nations while Poland wants to retain their 'Christian' majority, you just know xenophobia is deep rooted in that person.

A grand total of <5% of the Muslim population want to Islamize Europe apparently :baus:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
CL earlier in the season. Barca rings a bell. As an example.
He was our weakest link vs Barca? :confused:

What about Benatia? Higuain? Alex Sandro? Bentancur?
Maybe I just watched a different game though.

if he wants to stick around (aka, if hes motivated enough to continue playing at a high level), he can stay, im fine with that. experienced CB/RB depth (with Howedes probably gone) is good to have. if he doesent feel it anymore but the management wants to keep him, then thats a mistake imo. a player that lost his drive will not be useful. it all depends on Barza and his goals
It's up to him obviously. No need to force anything.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I follow the mercato religiously

Beppe lies a lot these days. You can ask Mark for proof. He also said we won't pay Higuaín's release clause. Lied about the Draxler saga etc. It's just business tactics which every SD follows.

There is no way we would've pulled off Higuaín without selling a big player. You would have to be naive to think otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

The answer lies in your question.

Compare the demographics of Poland to other European countries like your own Netherlands for example, you'll get the answer.

Although it has to be said , people from other continents or countries hardly ever emigrate to Poland because there are better incentives elsewhere.

When somebody says Sweden, Denmark, Germany etc want to become Islamic nations while Poland wants to retain their 'Christian' majority, you just know xenophobia is deep rooted in that person.

A grand total of <5% of the Muslim population want to Islamize Europe apparently :baus:
Well.. in Western Europe the majority of the muslims are guest workers of the 70's and 80's. They all
Immigrated to the developed industrial countries (France, Germany, NL, Belgium). I cant imagine leaving your country for another undeveloped country. Immigrants go where the money is. Therefor Poland will never have to deal with mass immigration from muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

I can’t believe someone from Europe would ask a question like this.
Sure it is, because talking about islamic ( and actually economic) immigration to Poland would never take place. There's no need to, 80% of the countries in Europe have more employment oppertunities and higher quality of life. Poland will never have to deal with mass immigration, just as much as the majority of the second world have different challanges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)