Status
Not open for further replies.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
7.5 salary is not a good deal, and that's one big IF. You seriously overrate him.
The club look at the total investment. If we can get a very good player for 7.5m net salary, thats probably around 15m gross and a commision of 10m spread over 4 years thats a yearly cost of 17.5m. Try to land a quality, 28 year old CM, with loads of experience for that amount of money.

It is a very good deal. Especially if we can sell Khedira and get that 6m net, 12m gross salary of our accounts. Giant upgrade and a younger player for 5m more a year.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Then how much you think he should get, 3?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Do you enjoy being a condescending prick? I sense that from the way you phrased the question.

Considering he's an injury prone player who hasn't won shit in his career, I'd say 5 million in his first year. He can get more once he proves himself.

- - - Updated - - -

The club look at the total investment. If we can get a very good player for 7.5m net salary, thats probably around 15m gross and a commision of 10m spread over 4 years thats a yearly cost of 17.5m. Try to land a quality, 28 year old CM, with loads of experience for that amount of money.

It is a very good deal. Especially if we can sell Khedira and get that 6m net, 12m gross salary of our accounts. Giant upgrade and a younger player for 5m more a year.
I humbly disagree. I'm not so sure we're selling Khedira (or can successfully get rid of him).

- - - Updated - - -

Who is this todibo kid?
19 year old towering defender, who originally started out in midfield. I guess he can play both positions, so we might be looking at him for his physicality and versatility.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Do you enjoy being a condescending prick? I sense that from the way you phrased the question.

Considering he's an injury prone player who hasn't won shit in his career, I'd say 5 million in his first year. He can get more once he proves himself.

- - - Updated - - -
Oh my, I didn't know you're so sensitive ;). I apologize. Coming back to the Ramsey's offer, according to this article, after my calculations, he earns around 3mln EUR net per season currently. The article also says he requested Arsenal to double the figure. Considering there is an interest from Barcelona, PSG and Chelsea we had to offer more to convince him. To sum up, your suggestion of 5 mln is totally unrealistic.

https://www.eurosport.com/football/...demanding-double-wages_sto6896473/story.shtml

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Oh my, I didn't know you're so sensitive ;). I apologize. Coming back to the Ramsey's offer, according to this article, after my calculations, he earns around 3mln EUR net per season currently. The article also says he requested Arsenal to double the figure. Considering there is an interest from Barcelona, PSG and Chelsea we had to offer more to convince him. To sum up, your suggestion of 5 mln is totally unrealistic.

https://www.eurosport.com/football/...demanding-double-wages_sto6896473/story.shtml
I'm just yanking your chain, but you're still a prick :p

5 million + 1.5 in possible bonuses would have been a realistic offer I feel. I don't really think Barcelona and Chelsea would've pushed that hard for him, considering they don't necessarily need reinforcements in midfield, and could probably afford better players.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I'm just yanking your chain, but you're still a prick :p

5 million + 1.5 in possible bonuses would have been a realistic offer I feel. I don't really think Barcelona and Chelsea would've pushed that hard for him, considering they don't necessarily need reinforcements in midfield, and could probably afford better players.
If the supposed 7.5mln includes bonuses is the 1mln difference that much? Both Barca and Chelsea could use him. The former is tight on budget which is a known fact considering the amounts the spend on wages. Besides Rakitic, Busquets and Arthur they don't have many options in the middle considering the ones available are aging Vidal, flop Suarez and Sergi Roberto. Chelsea have Jorginho, Kante and besides them Kovacic on loan, burnt out Fabregas, Drinkwater and Loftus-Cheek. Hardly impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)