Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Well Bayern has Neuer. Real just bought Curtois, Barcellona has Ter Stegen, PSg has Buffon, Atletico as Oblak,City has recently bought a keeper for 50m
Which other teams could sign him and are in need of a keeper?
Bayern won't go after him even if they should, I agree. I wouldn't rule out either Real, Barca going after him and PSG for sure will. Manchester United won't want him to go for free, so they'll be the first to give him an obscene offer. I just don't see him signing for 6m-7m salary, but lets see, soon we'll know, January is only a few months away.

Buy on AliExpress.com

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Ter Stegen sucks and good ol' Gigi isn't going to be around forever. Real just signed Curtois, but still, i'm not 100% sure they'd let the opportunity slip to finally bring in DeGea.
Ter Stegen has easily been in the top 3 keepers in the world in 2018 and his qualities are far more suited to Barca’s style. He is much more comfortable with his feet than De Gea and is superior in his distribution which is obviously more crucial for how Barca play. I doubt they’d consider replacing him with De Gea if even given the opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

nope that was not a free player.
They signed him in winter with 6months left and they had to pay Arsenal for him.
My idea was sign De Gea for free.
Give him 6-7m net/year which should be above of what he gets right now (10m pounds but it's gross so it's 5-5,5m net) and some signing bonus.
Sell both Szczesny and Perin and get 40m from the two.
You get a better keeper and some money to invest elsewhere
Lol. Good luck signing De Gea on a 5.5M net salary. Even Khedira earns more than that..

Last edited:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Ter Stegen has easily been in the top 3 keepers in the world in 2018 and his qualities are far more suited to Barca’s style. He is much more comfortable with his feet than De Gea and is superior in his distribution which is obviously more crucial for how Barca play. I doubt they’d consider replacing him with De Gea if even given the opportunity.
Stegen had a really great 2017/18, but hasn't started the season well and was pretty terrible in 2016/17, imo one of the factors that cost them the title that year. Last season I'd agree that he's among the top keepers, but in the long term it remains to be seen how he'll turn out.

de Gea is clearly the Spanish number 1 and for this reason alone I think Barca and Real would look to him even if they are well set in goalkeeping department, just as we would go after Verratti for free because he's one of the best Italian players of current generation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Me too Oblak is choice #1, take him and Saul for Dybala + 50 mil. :donedeal:

- - - Updated - - -

Name me one GK that is better than Lloris in Serie A not named Voidcheck (because you biased) and a GK other than De Gea that's better than Lloris in EPL
Throw in Higuain (once Milan ditches him) + Rugani and get Griezmann as well :agnelli:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Me too Oblak is choice #1, take him and Saul for Dybala + 50 mil. :donedeal:

- - - Updated - - -

Name me one GK that is better than Lloris in Serie A not named Voidcheck (because you biased) and a GK other than De Gea that's better than Lloris in EPL
Handanovic, and Alisson in EPL. Lloris is a blunder machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)