Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yes, we should sell Douglas Costa too because he was benched for two games at the start of the season after a WC.
I dont think its comparable...
Its obvious that D.Costa is highly rated by Allegri despite benching him but its not a given about Dybala...
Dybala needs to get into gear and in order to do this he needs to play
D.Costa is always on form - I dont remember a single game in which he didnt perform!
Im not rooting for a Dybala sale but say we should play him and if he doesnt suit us then we have no choice but if he does we get an amazing trio - maybe even the best trio in Europe (along with PSG)
If we dont play him we will never know if he does or doesnt fit..

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Again, two games at the start of the season after a WC when Dybala wasn't 100% fit (Allegri even said it out loud, and we saw it in the first game).

So, Douglas Costa not starting is fine but Dybala not starting in two games means a lot more and sets off alarms because he isn't as good or lauded as much by the coach (acc to you). That doesn't make much sense.

It'll be interesting to see if Allegri plays him as a F9 like he should or plays a 4231 more often, but until more games are played, we don't have much data or sample size to react on.

D.Costa is always on form - I dont remember a single game in which he didnt perform!
First six months of last season when Dybala was in form.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Again, two games at the start of the season after a WC when Dybala wasn't 100% fit (Allegri even said it out loud, and we saw it in the first game).

So, Douglas Costa not starting is fine but Dybala not starting in two games means a lot more and sets off alarms because he isn't as good or lauded as much by the coach (acc to you). That doesn't make much sense.

It'll be interesting to see if Allegri plays him as a F9 like he should or plays a 4231 more often, but until more games are played, we don't have much data or sample size to react on.

First six months of last season when Dybala was in form.
I dont remember him out of form maybe he was overshadowed by Dybala`s amazing start..

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yes we should absolutely keep him. Remember the CL final against Madrid, when they were bringing Bale and Asensio off the bench while we brought Lemina?

Yeah, lets not do that again.

MaxSimmons

Sep 11, 2018
Hi Guys
What do you think of Richarlison - I only watched few of his games and he might not be Dybala in terms of flair but he seems like a very good finisher
I think he would be a great option - Transfrmarket rates him at 35M but it sounds too low
Does anyone follow him and can give his input?
naah, why would we buy him, to sit next to Dybala on the bench? Can't even put our best players in a line-up at the same time, One more? no thanks

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah, we're perfect in attack. Least of worries.

If Kean goes out on loan AND if we play 4231 more often in the future, then we'd need a half decent backup striker who'd be happy to sit on bench. That's about it.

If something happens where we need more wingers, push Cancelo/Cuadrado up and sign a Howedes like RB.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Announce Ascacibar and Barella

Don't spend stupendous money on SMS, instead buy young midfielders before their price goes through the roof. We've done it with Bentancur, we can do it again.
You want us to sign two youngsters and cultivate them and not sign even one CM who will make an immediate big impact.

Do you think we're Roma or a team that's trying to win the CL?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You want us to sign two youngsters and cultivate them and not sign even one CM who will make an immediate big impact.

:agree: i like how he speaks as if bentancurs just pop out of the woodwork, ffs the player is far from a finished product anyway

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

Barella is already better than Khedira, he would be an instantaneous upgrade on the lazy turtle.

Not every signing we make needs to be a big name. Guys like Dybala and Pogba were unproven at the highest level when we signed them.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Barella is already better than Khedira, he would be an instantaneous upgrade on the lazy turtle.

Not every signing we make needs to be a big name. Guys like Dybala and Pogba were unproven at the highest level when we signed them.
The problem with buying and banking on unproven players is that they are unproven

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The problem with buying and banking on unproven players is that they are unproven
The problem with signing proven players is that they cost to much money that we aren’t always willing to spend.

So I would rather have us take a gamble with a youngster than continuing to field players who are finished at top level, like Khedira.

Barella isn’t exactly a gamble though. He would instantaneously upgrade our team. We do not have a single midfielder who combines his speed, tackling, stamina, passing and dribbling.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

I don't know if Barella has already made a quantum leap this season, but I'm guessing he hasn't.

Simply better than Khedira isn't what we need. Can is better than Khedira. Our best midfielders are Pjanic and Matuidi, and we need someone better than them.

Pogba was signed when we had prime Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio. He wasn't signed as a starter. And comparing Barella with Palermo's Dybala is absurd.

We've nothing else to spend money on next summer, so not sure why you're overly concerned with penny pinching.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I don't know if Barella has already made a quantum leap this season, but I'm guessing he hasn't.
Barella doesn't have to take a leap to be good enough for our midfield. If we bought Barella today, he would be a starter immediately.

Barella is a significantly more creative passer than Khedira, a far better dribbler, and he's better defensively too.

g74vome.png

Keep in mind that Barella played with significantly worse teammates, that makes his superior statistics in creativity (key passes and chances created) all the more impressive.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Fabregas doesn't get mentioned these days, but he'd be a good transfer on a free.

We get the best out of players, so likely, he'd do very well with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)