Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
Veron was as good as he was, because he was learning against Zizou. One could catch a lot by being a cone and Veron did it regularly. Once the argentine went #FirstNeverDabz' way he lost motivation and his downfall ensued... In conclusion: It's better to be a cone against Juve, than try to bring your quality game on the island.

BTW, Most of Barca's golden generation were schooled regularly by a late Zizou and that did them no harm later on.

Once Italy gets on track financially I firmly believe that the best football is coming back there. No sane man would choose the UK over Italy.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Veron was as good as he was, because he was learning against Zizou. One could catch a lot by being a cone and Veron did it regularly. Once the argentine went #FirstNeverDabz' way he lost motivation and his downfall ensued... In conclusion: It's better to be a cone against Juve, than try to bring your quality game on the island.

BTW, Most of Barca's golden generation were schooled regularly by a late Zizou and that did them no harm later on.

Once Italy gets on track financially I firmly believe that the best football is coming back there. No sane man would choose the UK over Italy.
You are making it sound like Zizou opened a school giving private lessons to young players at how to be creative...
Messi is playing at Barca but I dont see anyone learning from Messi...

Apr 29, 2006
You are making it sound like Zizou opened a school giving private lessons to young players at how to be creative...
:lol: He kind of did tbh. Just like R9 was for forwards.
Messi is a different kind of animal. If one had the same close control as he does ... well there ain't a need to learn a lot more.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Marotta just confirmed:

- Witsel will be brought in january or at most july (that's 100% sure, if the guy remains healthy);

- Bentancour from Boca will be brought in July to actually be a part of the squad;

- Brozovic is out of question.

So that's it, our 2 signings for the midfield are defined. Let's see where Witsel will fit, ideally he should be able to play DM.

- - - Updated - - -

Witsel goal at 2:36

This guy really strikes me as a carbon copy of Khedira playing style..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Seven look at this fucking guy. Witsel a dm ::lol3::

WITSEL IS NOT A DM, ITS HIS WORST POSITION

Jesus fucking christ, stop talking about stuff you are clueless about

Witsel is a pussy style B2B midfielder that is complete, infiltrates the box (bit like khedira does), and tries to score, assist, or sell purses.
At belgium, when playing shitty the irish naive fuck, he was also rather good at CAM.

He is not a DM. He is horrible at it.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say veron with more vision, but he needsa lot of work
I personally find that incredible hard to believe, sorry man. How much are you certain of this

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly i kinda allready is (but thats just me). Now if we'd get some insane cash injections at Inter and Milan, perhaps Roma and Napoli could follow that

How does one learn to be the size of a shoe, but have the balance of zlatan, and mostly, beeing able to turn the angles he does at the speed he does ?

Ronaldo9 was an example with the way he dribbled past opponents. One could write books about all the facest he used. the arm movement, the body movement, the various ways he used to trick players, the dribbeling techniques and how to use it to anticipate the defender and pounce when he goes in.

Zidane but also to lesser degree Xavi, Iniesta and Pirlo were good examples of how to draw defenders on and off you, how to get them out of position, how to mix up passing,how to pass where when and how etc

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Witsel is a pussy style B2B midfielder that is complete, infiltrates the box (bit like khedira does), and tries to score, assist, or sell purses.
At belgium, when playing shitty the irish naive fuck, he was also rather good at CAM.

He is not a DM. He is horrible at it.
Honestly I just hope our club realises this.. If we play him as DM, we will suffer..

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Well we actually in need of b2b, Marchisio and Nanes should be enough to cover a DM spot. I'm interested if Witsel has the goods to play Vidal-like AM in 4312, with Marchisio as DM, Pjanic as main creative force and Khedira or Lemina to carry the water?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Hopefully the sales of the last two season were the only possible way of upgrading the squad. That is what we've been told and few times have the board been proven wrong.

Obviously this year we have a top 4 squad in Europe. At least on paper in October - nothing better one can do and certainly in Italy for the next 1-2 years. Now if Real Madrid comes along and sees Dybala as their top priority that wouldn't necessarily make us a worse team if we sell. Not only do we have the usual mining process for talent - we now can sustain a wage similar to a top team. So if he indeed is deemed as unique by our staff we can offer him enough to at least force a new world record.
Selling someone like Sami Khedira at the end of the year and replacing him with Lemina in the long run could net us a profit of 40M, take out expenses and we are least 10M per year on the green. This is a great contract for a player that can patch things up immediately and add huge long-term gains if replaced properly. Lichtsteiner could of costed us ~10M for his entire stay here if he accepted a move last summer - a one year benefit from Sami.

I am really curious to see how the prices of players with huge individual contracts and mediocre performances would shape. Such beehives are potentially Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Chelsea. Maybe more I don't know of, but as long as we are in the forefront of pay/performance we have all the tools to succeed - proven by our chobby no.90 million transfer.
You think Real is the only one who'd be after Dybala?

waschbeer

Aug 12, 2002

@everyone look at this fucking guy. Witsel a seller of purses ::lol3::

WITSEL IS NOT A PURSE SELLER, ITS HIS WORST ATTRIBUTE

Witsel is a pussy style purse buyer...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well we actually in need of b2b, Marchisio and Nanes should be enough to cover a DM spot. I'm interested if Witsel has the goods to play Vidal-like AM in 4312, with Marchisio as DM, Pjanic as main creative force and Khedira or Lemina to carry the water?
We technically could use 1 B2B but it would have to be a physical presence. Witsel isnt

- - - Updated - - -

:D

Thats a fair point tbh. I cant prove he's dealing in purses.

However, statistically, most of the buyers who want to make a step up, end up beeing sellers.

Its allready the case with drugs and steroids for example, its likely to be the same for purses

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

@Ocelot (just wanted to make sure you don't miss one of the rare waschbeer posts ;))

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
We technically could use 1 B2B but it would have to be a physical presence. Witsel isnt

- - - Updated - - -
Yeah, what I meant is b2b gonna played by Lemina for example, Marchisio covers everyone asses as DM and Pjanic distributes the shit. And Witsel playing an advanced midfielder – pressing, air duels, quick one-two passing with Dybala-Higuain-Sandro-Alves, nothing super fancy, but all-around work. Is he capable of doing it?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, what I meant is b2b gonna played by Lemina for example, Marchisio covers everyone asses as DM and Pjanic distributes the shit. And Witsel playing an advanced midfielder – pressing, air duels, quick one-two passing with Dybala-Higuain-Sandro-Alves, nothing super fancy, but all-around work. Is he capable of doing it?
I'm not what you'd call a fan of witsel :D

Matuidi would be excellent

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
nah, Matuidi is too direct to play there, requires some trickery I think. On the other hand, Vidal is tricky as a brick, but did some really good job there.
Wel yeah. Since we are looking at a sub, i'm thinking what would be tactically ideal.

Having a first team quality player with aggression and physical presence would be quite beneficial in many occasions

Apr 29, 2006
Honestly i kinda allready is (but thats just me). Now if we'd get some insane cash injections at Inter and Milan, perhaps Roma and Napoli could follow that...
There is still some things to be fixed, but a lack of funds in Inter was and will never be one of those. Their problem lies with the brain and seems inherent. Milan in another animal, but regardless whether Berlu is just laundering some good old assets or not - again -they are an European powerhouse like no other in England.

You think Real is the only one who'd be after Dybala?
No, but closest that could afford and attract him. By the time they are out of a transfer ban they would have a clearer picture on Ronaldo's future. Not to mention the possibility of Bale going to Manchester to learn under Mourinho...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)