Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
What is going on in here

Of course Witsel is not a DM! He can play there but he is certainly a player who should go forward and track back - I see him as Khedira`d replacement - Honestly I dont think he`ll do a great job but he wont do a bad one either...
Dont expect some kind of Pogba but he won`t be Tiago either...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
What is going on in here

Of course Witsel is not a DM! He can play there but he is certainly a player who should go forward and track back - I see him as Khedira`d replacement - Honestly I dont think he`ll do a great job but he wont do a bad one either...
And there's the thing, we have enough midfielders that'll do an ok job.

- - - Updated - - -

There is still some things to be fixed, but a lack of funds in Inter was and will never be one of those. Their problem lies with the brain and seems inherent. Milan in another animal, but regardless whether Berlu is just laundering some good old assets or not - again -they are an European powerhouse like no other in England.

No, but closest that could afford and attract him. By the time they are out of a transfer ban they would have a clearer picture on Ronaldo's future. Not to mention the possibility of Bale going to Manchester to learn under Mourinho...
Never would've thought Pogba would go back to manchester. If some English, like man city, is willing to pay I can see anything happening.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
What is going on in here

Worth noting is that he did play DM for Belgium, which probably doesn't say much since Wilmots was a poor manager. But he did play there...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You think so?

Pjanic
Marchisio
Khedira
Lemina
Matuidi
Witsel
i was thinking the other day that we will sell him if we get Witsel alone, with Matuidi too in there i think hes gone. too many players for the same position with high wages

Witsel/Lemina Marchisio/Nanes Pjanic/Matuidi :boh:

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
i was thinking the other day that we will sell him if we get Witsel alone, with Matuidi too in there i think hes gone. too many players for the same position with high wages

Witsel/Lemina Marchisio/Nanes Pjanic/Matuidi :boh:
Witsel has played the DM role for belgium and i think he would really suit that role with his physical presence. I am hoping that we go all out for a number 10 so we can switch to a 4321/4312 next season.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Witsel has played the DM role for belgium and i think he would really suit that role with his physical presence. I am hoping that we go all out for a number 10 so we can switch to a 4321/4312 next season.
True. And you are the single person on earth who still seems to think it wasnt a complete disaster and worst coaching mistake by Wilmots

Hey rakib, write down another formation please.

Or, count to 10 backwards !

No, try counting to 10 first

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
We don't need Matuidi If we keep Khedira, Lemina keeps playing so well and we keep playing with a midfield 3.

As I see it, we play with a creative midfielder, a deep lying playmaker and a box to box midfielder. Currently, we have Pjanic for the creative part, Marchisio and Nanes for the deep lying one and Khedira, Lemina and Sturaro for the box to box.

I think that Witsel can rotate with Pjanic for the creative part. I don't think that Witsel is a box to box player. He is more efficient when he's given a bit of freedom to go forward. Given that we get him, then we just need someone to rotate/be a backup for Marchisio (to be able to sell Nanes). Someone like Tielemans maybe. Or Matic if we want less gamble (with a much lower ceiling of course).

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We don't need Matuidi If we keep Khedira, Lemina keeps playing so well and we keep playing with a midfield 3.

As I see it, we play with a creative midfielder, a deep lying playmaker and a box to box midfielder. Currently, we have Pjanic for the creative part, Marchisio and Nanes for the deep lying one and Khedira, Lemina and Sturaro for the box to box.

I think that Witsel can rotate with Pjanic for the creative part. I don't think that Witsel is a box to box player. He is more efficient when he's given a bit of freedom to go forward. Given that we get him, then we just need someone to rotate/be a backup for Marchisio (to be able to sell Nanes). Someone like Tielemans maybe. Or Matic if we want less gamble (with a much lower ceiling of course).
Why should we sell nanes, why would it be an objective ?

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Why should we sell nanes, why would it be an objective ?
Cause he shouldn't be in our team even as a backup player. And in his age, there is not much room for improvement. Don't let his last few games against weak opponents fool you. He's not good enough for the biggest stage. And please, don't mention that half Bayern game.

We are willing to let him go as it seems. Almost did it in summer.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Cause he shouldn't be in our team even as a backup player. And in his age, there is not much room for improvement. Don't let his last few games against weak opponents fool you. He's not good enough for the biggest stage. And please, don't mention that half Bayern game.

We are willing to let him go as it seems. Almost did it in summer.
Nanes has improved throughout the entire last season and has been the best performing player at dm this season. Why cant i mention the biggest game of last season ? Cause it doesnt suits your cause ?

Tough luck son.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Nanes has improved throughout the entire last season and has been the best performing player at dm this season. Why cant i mention the biggest game of last season ? Cause it doesnt suits your cause ?

Tough luck son.
Have seen tougher ones.

It was just one game under some very specific circumstances. He came in and just started dribbling left and right. In a midfield alongside Pogba and Sturaro (for the biggest part of the second half). Versus a tired and very shocked Bayern. It worked. It was so unexpected that it worked. But this is far away from a demonstration of his ability.

He's slow. Not physically strong enough. Not mentally strong. With an average passing ability and a quite to very good shooting ability (which is not very useful for the deep position we need him to play though). He can't cover for others, so that they are allowed to go higher on the pitch, nor build from deep. Not good enough at least. He's just the only player bar Marchisio who was an idea of how to play the role.

He's good for matches vs weak teams. They don't press. He has all the time to pass around. And looks like he's distributing the ball well. But I would never want to start him in an important CL match, especially alongside Pjanic or Khedira.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Seven look at this $#@!ing guy. Witsel a dm ::lol3::

WITSEL IS NOT A DM, ITS HIS WORST POSITION

Jesus $#@!ing christ, stop talking about stuff you are clueless about

Witsel is a pussy style B2B midfielder that is complete, infiltrates the box (bit like khedira does), and tries to score, assist, or sell purses.
At belgium, when playing $#@!ty the irish naive $#@!, he was also rather good at CAM.

He is not a DM. He is horrible at it.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally find that incredible hard to believe, sorry man. How much are you certain of this

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly i kinda allready is (but thats just me). Now if we'd get some insane cash injections at Inter and Milan, perhaps Roma and Napoli could follow that

How does one learn to be the size of a shoe, but have the balance of zlatan, and mostly, beeing able to turn the angles he does at the speed he does ?

Ronaldo9 was an example with the way he dribbled past opponents. One could write books about all the facest he used. the arm movement, the body movement, the various ways he used to trick players, the dribbeling techniques and how to use it to anticipate the defender and pounce when he goes in.

Zidane but also to lesser degree Xavi, Iniesta and Pirlo were good examples of how to draw defenders on and off you, how to get them out of position, how to mix up passing,how to pass where when and how etc
"Ideally he should be able to play DM". Learn to fucking read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)