Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
I agree, but if the sales of the last two seasons become a trend, Dybala is a goner.
Hopefully the sales of the last two season were the only possible way of upgrading the squad. That is what we've been told and few times have the board been proven wrong.

Obviously this year we have a top 4 squad in Europe. At least on paper in October - nothing better one can do and certainly in Italy for the next 1-2 years. Now if Real Madrid comes along and sees Dybala as their top priority that wouldn't necessarily make us a worse team if we sell. Not only do we have the usual mining process for talent - we now can sustain a wage similar to a top team. So if he indeed is deemed as unique by our staff we can offer him enough to at least force a new world record.
Selling someone like Sami Khedira at the end of the year and replacing him with Lemina in the long run could net us a profit of 40M, take out expenses and we are least 10M per year on the green. This is a great contract for a player that can patch things up immediately and add huge long-term gains if replaced properly. Lichtsteiner could of costed us ~10M for his entire stay here if he accepted a move last summer - a one year benefit from Sami.

I am really curious to see how the prices of players with huge individual contracts and mediocre performances would shape. Such beehives are potentially Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Chelsea. Maybe more I don't know of, but as long as we are in the forefront of pay/performance we have all the tools to succeed - proven by our chobby no.90 million transfer.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zacheryah "mercato thread police" is back

moreover how is Allegri's favourite formation 'bullshit'? fuck off with your bullshit
'Your bullshit' is referring to the disgusting attitude of desperately fielding an inferior selection so it fits a certain formation.

Extremely obviously, the 3-5-2 is greatly superior. Especially looking how Pjanic is completely outstanding at times in his mezzala role. Sending wingbacks and strikers through the defence, opening the play all over. Nope, the peasant demand for the other formation takes over logic. Push pjanic advanced and use much deeper positionned fullbacks instead of our all action wingbacks, completely ruining his game.

But hey, its not 352 !

There is a reason Allegri has not even once went 4312 with the current selection, not even once pjanic was used as a trequartista.

If your formation had James Rodriguez instead of verratti, and you'd put pjanic as mezzala and james as CAM, then we can talk about a 4312

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Marotta just confirmed:

- Witsel will be brought in january or at most july (that's 100% sure, if the guy remains healthy);

- Bentancour from Boca will be brought in July to actually be a part of the squad;

- Brozovic is out of question.

So that's it, our 2 signings for the midfield are defined. Let's see where Witsel will fit, ideally he should be able to play DM.

- - - Updated - - -

Witsel goal at 2:36

This guy really strikes me as a carbon copy of Khedira playing style..

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Bentancur played the whole game yesterday, made lots silly mistakes but the physical and technical talents are there
The trait I'm most curious about is his vision/creativity. Showed anything like that? It would be interesting to have another guy who can provide it when Pjanic doesn't play, or we'll keep overcharging Dybala.

But yep, acording to reports he's far from being a mature player, so it surprises me to hear Marotta say he's going to be signed to take part of the squad. I guess if he looks too green during preseason, they may loan him out to Sassuolo.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The trait I'm most curious about is his vision/creativity. Showed anything like that? It would be interesting to have another guy who can provide it when Pjanic doesn't play, or we'll keep overcharging Dybala.

But yep, acording to reports he's far from being a mature player, so it surprises me to hear Marotta say he's going to be signed to take part of the squad. I guess if he looks too green during preseason, they may loan him out to Sassuolo.
Which player is he most similar to?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
I would say veron with more vision, but he needsa lot of work

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Wait, he has more vision then Veron? Even if raw, that's a tall order or impressive for a young kid, that ugly bruja Veron had great passing feet even if kinda dumb at times.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Wait, he has more vision then Veron? Even if raw, that's a tall order or impressive for a young kid, that ugly bruja Veron had great passing feet even if kinda dumb at times.

I took that as irony lol. Veron was inconsistent but his vision/creativity was off the charts

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Yep he can even play treq if he had to, kid is good but his decision making is horrible right now

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That's bad, main trait I like in a young talent is good decision making. They can go far on that if they have good foundation in skillset.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
'Your bullshit' is referring to the disgusting attitude of desperately fielding an inferior selection so it fits a certain formation.

Extremely obviously, the 3-5-2 is greatly superior. Especially looking how Pjanic is completely outstanding at times in his mezzala role. Sending wingbacks and strikers through the defence, opening the play all over. Nope, the peasant demand for the other formation takes over logic. Push pjanic advanced and use much deeper positionned fullbacks instead of our all action wingbacks, completely ruining his game.

But hey, its not 352 !

There is a reason Allegri has not even once went 4312 with the current selection, not even once pjanic was used as a trequartista.

If your formation had James Rodriguez instead of verratti, and you'd put pjanic as mezzala and james as CAM, then we can talk about a 4312
:lel2: thanks for the laff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)