Winter Mercato 2023 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Honestly, if i ran Juve, i wouldn't bring anyone in. We are a dumpster fire, there's more chance of us ruining the player than actually getting them to help. To finish top 4 we need to play as team, bringing in new players doesn't fix that.
we need to least cover up for those leaving for free.
Also selling Szczesny not because he is old or a bad keeper but because he get 9m in wages.
McKennie to try and raise some money.
I wish Chelsea buyout Zakaria but giving how he got injured things are not as before....
We need a quality mid not Mac Allister which is good but no quality. So our chances are either Milinkovic 1year away from free agent or Rodrigo De Paul. And he (SMS) is what we need since years.
Since we can't count on Pogba being fit.
So it would be a good Mix Pogba and Milinkovic + 3 young italians and Locatelli

And yeah we'd need a real coach.... chances are that there will be many good coaches avaible in summer. But question is will we grab it?
Zidane is free since France renewed Deschamps till 2026.
Klopp time has Liverpool seems to be over. If we were ambitious we would jump on the ship giving that Bayern has a coach that won't fire anytime soon.
Conte is leaving Tottenham but knowing the man would he come here where we don't know how much we could spend or not?

Also I don't think another comeback like Allegri (Conte) would benefit us.
We'd need a non italian coach that can build something.
Zidane isn't that either as all he managed was the best Real Madrid in history.
How would he do with a revamping Juventus? with kids and not so great players?
That's why I say we should tempt Klopp. Problem is who will? we don't have anyone ... we need a sporting director first.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus are still monitoring the right fullback Emil Holm. A Juve’s scout has watched the last games of Spezia. (Nico schira)
we were prolly there to watch Kiwior

Last edited:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Even if we improve those disastrous fitness levels it won't give us much.

I still think we lack 2-3 grinta players. We had couple of those guys that eat the turf in every winning year in the past 12 years.

Licht, Vidal, Tevez, Mandzukic, Chiesa... just to name the few.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yes but who cares he's Italian
we need italians due to regulations (17+4+4 rule). they don't even need to be italian, being "association-trained" isn't tied to nationality, but most of them are italians. anyway, the problem is that zaniolo was a special talent, he's still only 23-24, but he failed to make it to the next level, so we don't need him specifically

as for the serie a trained players quota, we should try to rely a bit more on the u23. squad players like de sciglio or rugani should be replaced asap with homegrown players. it will take a few years, but the club really needs to stop acting stupid and avoid the unnecessary extensions like we did with mds

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I'd take Zan as a project at a very reduced price and on reasonable, back-up level wages. He's a good squad player to have if we can drive the costs down accordingly.

But if he wants 5m+ salary or if Roma still want 40m or whatever for him, he's clearly not worth it, at his current level he's not going to be a starter at Juve + there's always the injury worries. Tbh I doubt they're gonna get too much from anyone unless he starts performing a lot better.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
we need to least cover up for those leaving for free.
Also selling Szczesny not because he is old or a bad keeper but because he get 9m in wages.
McKennie to try and raise some money.
I wish Chelsea buyout Zakaria but giving how he got injured things are not as before....
We need a quality mid not Mac Allister which is good but no quality. So our chances are either Milinkovic 1year away from free agent. And he is what we need since years.
Since we can't count on Pogba being fit.
So it would be a good Mix Pogba and Milinkovic + 3 young italians and Locatelli

And yeah we'd need a real coach.... chances are that there will be many good coaches avaible in summer. But question is will we grab it?
Zidane is free since France renewed Deschamps till 2026.
Klopp time has Liverpool seems to be over. If we were ambitious we would jump on the ship giving that Bayern has a coach that won't fire anytime soon.
Conte is leaving Tottenham but knowing the man would he come here where we don't know how much we could spend or not?

Also I don't think another comeback like Allegri (Conte) would benefit us.
We'd need a non italian coach that can build something.
Zidane isn't that either has all he managed was the best Real Madrid in history.
How would he do with a revamping Juventus? with kids and not so great players?
That's why I say we should tempt Klopp. Problem is who will? we don't have anyone ... we need a sporting director first.

- - - Updated - - -

we were prolly there to watch Kiwior
These things are not to be addressed in winter

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It definitely starts with him, but no it won't be an easy fix. We have lost our identity in our failed quest to go global. So our next hire would need to reimplement our lost identity and put in place a clear modern vision of football. A tall order.
agreed. that's why i don't get the recurring "just get any other coach, will be better anyway" idea. the revamp also requires a proper squad, which requires a sports director, so it's a bit more complicated than replacing one coach with an other.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
agreed. that's why i don't get the recurring "just get any other coach, will be better anyway" idea. the revamp also requires a proper squad, which requires a sports director, so it's a bit more complicated than replacing one coach with an other.
Yep that's where the clear vision comes into play. But at this point i just want us to play as a team and with some balls. Results can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)