Windows 98 help (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Well it'll get you further than Irish... :D
Not true. My dumb government insists on having a copy of all laws, government documents, etc. in Irish, so having Irish could net me a job without me having any discernable talent. The only equivalent of that in the English-speaking world is when a guy with an Arts degree gets a job. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Aye, reminds me of Norway. They have this second "language" here which is essential the same as Norwegian which they insist on teaching in schools and every citizen is entitled to printed documents in "both" languages. Even though most of the words are the same, the grammar is too and the only difference is the pronounciation and minor spelling differences.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Old story, Norway was in a union with Denmark where the Danes ran the show for 400 years. Norwegian is old Danish. They wanted to have "their own" language so they sent out a dumbass to travel around the country and explore all the different dialects, which then became a new language.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well it's not the most politcally correct formulation but nevertheless it's true. Although IIRC he did go on his own accord, not on a government mission. He sure did do a major disservice to everyone who has to learn the stupid language now, it's mandatory in schools.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Well it's not the most politcally correct formulation but nevertheless it's true. Although IIRC he did go on his own accord, not on a government mission. He sure did do a major disservice to everyone who has to learn the stupid language now, it's mandatory in schools.
Welcome to the Campaign for the Destruction of Useless Languages. May Latin rest in eternal torment. One down, countless stupid ones to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)