Windows 98 help (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:LOL: I thought the clock in the right dock was a compass for a second, and thought "hey, that's pretty cool" :rofl::wallbang:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #25
    oh FFS try to cut the chit chat and help me out here.

Now, Id love to reinstall windows if I could, Ive got the cd, everything is ready, but:

I CANT!!!

Why you ask

Well, I cant get the computer too boot from a startup disk nor the cd. All I can do is access the BIOS. I fooled around with the settings, set halt on: no error, set the boot sequence to C only, CDROM, C, A, etc, but I cant do anything, I get the same problem everytime, even when I have a startup disk in the floppy. I even tried to unplug the IDE cabel from the floppy but nothing changed. The little light on the floppy is on all the time, from the time I turn the computer on. How can I reinstall windows???

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    Don Bes: Ive tried, but I get a Reading ATAPI CD ROM: failure system errorn, and then the invalid system disk again.

Martin: What hardware? Do you think its the floppy drive or something else? The thing is that all this happened just after I deleted some things.

EDIT: Also, I tried to disable it, I set 'drive A: none' in BIOS

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    You could try taking the disk over to someone else's house and see if you can access it. Otherwise your problems sounds pretty bad, don't really know what you can do besides taking it to service.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I don't think it's a floppy problem Zlatan, it sounds like your HDD is fscked beyond recognition, and your comp can't boot using the HDD. As I said before, try to take it over to a mate's house and slave the driv

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #35
    The drive is OK, it was a fecking windows problem. The guys at the service reinstalled it and its good now.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    :D
    What? They have a 95% market share. I have a duty as a European citizen to poke them with as sharp a stick as I can. :D

Hmm... didn't I learn in primary school to put "an" before any word beginning with a vowel? Strange that - I only put it in front of words beginning with soft vowel sounds (like "honerary"). Stupid English and their crappy language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)