Will Zlatan make the 20 Goal Mark upcoming season? (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
i predict him choking. he had a more or less impressive debut season but he might choke easily. yeah, he has the confidence but the presure and expectations will much higher.

how is it called in the us, sophomore slump?
Yes, it is indeed called a sophomore slump, however that does not apply to every sophomore in the game. Infact it's more uncommon than not, and I don't see a reason that leads me to believe Ibrahimovic will suffer from that sort of nonsense.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Personally I don't see Zlatan reaching the 20 goal mark, definitely not in Serie A anyways. There's a slight chance that he'll be able to notch up 20 in all competitions but I don't think that he'll manage 20 in Serie A alone because I believe that Capello will rotate the forwards more than he did last season. I do expect Ibrahimovic to improve, but last term he started practically every game and scored 16 goals in all competitions so I don't see him managing 20 this season if Trezeguet, Del Piero and Mutu are all fit.
Well, I believe Capello will stick with Ibrahimovic once again during the entire season, just like last term. We will probably switch tactics from a 442 to a 433 often, and when that happens Capello will bring in DP or Mutu. After last season when Capello fielded Zlatan we saw the rewards most of the time, and there is no reason why Capello would suddenly start benching Zlatan more often. Capello loves his defense, but he also adores his Van Basten-like forwards. We witnessed first hand that Zlatan is ALMOST an untouchable in the squad.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Like others have said, he's not a killer striker, more of a supporting striker (target player). But 20 goals sounds reasonable, 15-20 is my guess. However, you can be a great player without scoring 20 goals a season.

I definitely don't think he'll choke though. :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
----------------------------------Buffon------------------------------------------------Thuram-------Cannavaro---------Kovac------------Zambrotta--------------------------Vieira----------------------Emerson-----------------------------------------------------------Nedved (Camoranesi)------------------------------Camoranesi (Mutu)----------------Del Piero (Mutu)-----------------------------------------------Zlatan (Trezeguet)---------------------------

We should definitely play with three strikers IMO. With DP and Camoranesi taking up their defensive duties as well.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
20 in all competitions, perhaps.I don't recall a supporting forward like Zlatan reaching the 20 goal mark in Serie A, certainly not in the last 5 seasons.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
of all the strikers at capello's disposal,i have to say zlatan will get the most playing time.zlatan will probably start every game along with trez,with mutu playing with capello plays with 3 strikers up front.
zlatan scoring 20 goals next season?
in all compeitions,he might.though he needs to improve his finishing.

Jul 28, 2002
if we get more chances created for him, then obviously he will score more, and if he is on fire, 20 is reasonable.

But i cant see any other juve striker getting close.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well I think that this year he will score near 20 maybe even over 20 but I think in one or two year he will be in Italy as Henry is in England a scoring machine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)