Will Zlatan make the 20 Goal Mark upcoming season? (3 Viewers)

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
I say yes, not only will he have greater confidence after such an impressive first season he will also feel the crowd is on his side after he was voted player of year. This will make Zlatan even better. I predict Zlatan scoring 20 something goals and maybe even winning the top scorer award.

What do u guys think?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
i predict him choking. he had a more or less impressive debut season but he might choke easily. yeah, he has the confidence but the presure and expectations will much higher.

how is it called in the us, sophomore slump?

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I don't think he will score that many goals. Ibrahimovich has never been a striker, more someone who supports the attack. He can score when given a big chance, but he doesn't have the lethal finishing that Trezeguet and such have. He also can't head the ball. He will probably score somewhere between 10 and 18 goals.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
I don't think he will score that many goals. Ibrahimovich has never been a striker, more someone who supports the attack. He can score when given a big chance, but he doesn't have the lethal finishing that Trezeguet and such have. He also can't head the ball. He will probably score somewhere between 10 and 18 goals.
this is true, he's not a true striker, but if he manages to put in 15 goals again, plus a few assists and we win another scudetto i will dare to say he had a great season, again..

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I agree with Fliakis. I also think he'll be overshadowed by other players the upcoming season. Mutu or Cassano, if purchased, come to mind. Plus Ibrahimovic had the suprise and unpredictabilty factor at his side last season.
Kaka struggled, relatively to his first season, the first half of his second season in serie A as well.

Ibrahimovic reaching the 20 mark, isn't realistic as well.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
I agree with Fliakis. I also think he'll be overshadowed by other players the upcoming season. Mutu or Cassano, if purchased, come to mind.

Ibrahimovic reaching the 20 mark, isn't realistic as well.
why not? he scored 16 this season, four more is not much. true he will have more competition, but i think he will also have the most playing time, cuz cappelo likes him more than the others, that's obvious.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I hope so , he has all the capabiliies to do so , it depend can he use his skills perfectly or not especially if he can improve his headers that will give him a huge advantage

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
I hope so , he has all the capabiliies to do so , it depend can he use his skills perfectly or not especially if he can improve his headers that will give him a huge advantage
true if he was to improve his finishing and heading most of all, i would dare to say he'd be unstoppable.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Don't think he will ever win the topscorer award and I don't think he will score over 20 goals next season. He needs to improve a bit first. Better shots, headers etc. then he might score a lot.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Personally I don't see Zlatan reaching the 20 goal mark, definitely not in Serie A anyways. There's a slight chance that he'll be able to notch up 20 in all competitions but I don't think that he'll manage 20 in Serie A alone because I believe that Capello will rotate the forwards more than he did last season. I do expect Ibrahimovic to improve, but last term he started practically every game and scored 16 goals in all competitions so I don't see him managing 20 this season if Trezeguet, Del Piero and Mutu are all fit.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vlatko27 ] ++

why not? he scored 16 this season, four more is not much. true he will have more competition, but i think he will also have the most playing time, cuz cappelo likes him more than the others, that's obvious.
Last season he scored 16 goals in about 40 games. He definitely isn't going to get as many games this season. Last term it was only him, DP, Trez and Zala and everyone knows what a horrible season it was for Trezeguet on the injury front so Ibra was called upon perhaps a tad bit too much. If Trez stays healthy Zlatan will have to accept more rotation this time round, no doubt about that. It just doesn't make sense overplaying him prior to the World Cup when you have players like Trezeguet, Del Piero and Mutu at your disposal.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Last season he scored 16 goals in about 40 games. He definitely isn't going to get as many games this season. Last term it was only him, DP, Trez and Zala and everyone knows what a horrible season it was for Trezeguet on the injury front so Ibra was called upon perhaps a tad bit too much. If Trez stays healthy Zlatan will have to accept more rotation this time round, no doubt about that. It just doesn't make sense overplaying him prior to the World Cup when you have players like Trezeguet, Del Piero and Mutu at your disposal.
Have to agree. I think the second season syndrome could come into it too. I'd be very surprised if he even matched last year's total. He'll do fine though.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

you make valid points but i still think he can manage 20 goals in serie a. but as i said if he even repeats his 1st season i'm satisfied. i gues we'll just have to wait and see

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Definitely. I'm confident that Zlatan will have another good season even if I don't think that he'll manage 20 goals. There's more to football than goals, even for a striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)