Will it be a problem if Juve doesn't win the CL this season? (1 Viewer)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Just out of curiosity: What are you basing this on? Real kick ass in the CL whilst we're getting wooped, but we're still better than them? I just can't follow your way of thinking...

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I know at least I realize that Real are probably better (havent played them n a while so its hard to be sure). But we are a better team. I don't mean that in an overall sense, i mean that our playewrs play together better then thiers do. Thier talent is superior to ours however, by a pretty good margin, which is why they are able to overcome that and be better overall.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
What is this based on actually, that we are a better team, we have proved that we can beat the smaller teams, are not brill away, play some uncoordinated football. I have seen both teams and i don't remember a single game where we were brilliant as a team.

i read real madrid have better individual talents but it was individuals who helped us eg dp 16 goals coutless assists, Trez 24 goals and some assists, nedved 4 goals and countless assists

Thuram as a full back provided just 1 cross that we scored from which i can remember against brescia away, and compare Salgado and carlos to he and pessotto

Our midfield between them scored 11 goals thats Nedved , davids, tacchi, zambrotta, maresca and conte

We scored 64 goals in the league and our fwds ie ale and trez between them scored 40 thats 63.5% . For a club thats allegedly not dependent on individuals thats a lot

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
Just out of curiosity: What are you basing this on? Real kick ass in the CL whilst we're getting wooped, but we're still better than them? I just can't follow your way of thinking...
Nekton

I agree Ian, the sum of Juventus is worth more then its parts, where the parts of Real are worth more then the sum.
He means that we play more as a team, but Real play more with individual skill.

This is my view: Real can play the way they do, because they have the ability to control the game- ie dominate-have possession of the ball. This way, they can control the flowof the game, and can therefore let their stars take control when necessary.

The reason they can do so is because of the quality of their midfield and defence- which can adapt to a variety of attacks, and are usually superior in terms of combined skills. They pass better, hold and control the ball better, and coordinate themselves better than other teams.

When you have a solid midfield and defence, and can dominate the game by holding the ball well, its easy to pass the ball up to the figo who has another 4 superstars open to pass to.

This is their advantage.

The others, much like us, dont have the finances they have, nor the stars. We depend on teammates and teamplay, but we cant compete unless we have some skill, sheer genius, perseverance, and a few strokes of luck.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Exactly. A group of 15 year olds could in theory be a better "team" then Real Madrid, but this does not mean they are anywhere as good.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
I'm curious; how did you see all of Juve's games last year ???
I get all of the games sent to me on DVD. It is extremely expensive, but well worth it.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

I get all of the games sent to me on DVD. It is extremely expensive, but well worth it.
How long after the game do you get it, and at what cost- I'm very interested !!!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++

The others, much like us, dont have the finances they have, nor the stars. We depend on teammates and teamplay, but we cant compete unless we have some skill, sheer genius, perseverance, and a few strokes of luck. [/QUOTE
] if i hear anymore about finances i will scream, how in the hell is juve poor? What of the bottom teams like Venezia etc what will they say if juve is poor? What ahs finances got to do with buying players who can play the game beautifully. Is our squad not more expensive than Arsenal's or Deportivo's, why did they outplay us?

In the Cl our midfield scored a grand total of 0 goals, against Depor at the Riazor were running around like headless chickens and Zambo, Nedved were not cheap.

I just realised that in the league we scored 64 goals in 34 games thats less than i goal in every 2 games and in the Cl we conceded 14 goals in 12 games so its not really seriea being too hard to score in but a sad indictment of the Italian league at the moment as champs in other leagues have shown you can score against Juve

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
We aren't at all poor and we do spend a lot of money. Still, we manage to keep pur finances well in the black, which is more then almost all other Serie A teams can say. I don't care if it would give us a CL title, I don't want Juve to spend more then it can afford and it isn't worth it if it puts us in long term fininancial trouble. Juve isn't about having a great 2 or 3 year run, Juve is about having decade after decade of sucess. The CL titles will come sooner or later. We just need to have some patience. That will make them even sweeter when we do win.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Whats all this i am reading since when is heavy spending a recipe for success? Juve's biggest problem which is the problem with Italian football in general is buying the wrong players and selling the wrong ones as well. Exactly what does the purchase of all the players we bought this season do to the team? Now we cannot even sell Carini, trying to loan him but he keeps returning like a bad penny. So we have now 3 goalkeepers and we are paying their salary. Heaven knows how many central defenders we have and just one good left back, no natural right back.

No players with pace, midfielders with similar qualities with none of them being able to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Our squad cost far more than Arsenals but they have Pires, kanu,Bergkamp who provide the skills; Henry, Wiltord, Ljunberg providing the pace and so on. They win and they play attractive football, the highest they have ever paid for a footballer in their history is £13m, while we have paid more on about 5 players or more.

Leverkusen a provincial club got to the finals on every competiton they entered with a very modest squad just good creative players and have nothing like our finances.

Deportivo have Tristian,Fran, Victor, Valeron, Makaay, Amavisca, Djaminha and a couple of forwards and are no where as rich as we are

We one the other hand have about 6 central defenders and 3 strikers and you guys wonder why we have sucked in the cl lately

You can have all the money in the world but if you keep spending on defenders and players who are just above average, no will in the world will make you succeed

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Denco, I think you have the wrong league. It seems you would be much better suited to rooting for a team in La Liga. This is Italy and this is the way things have always been.

Selling Carini would be foolish at this point. We wouldn't get very much for him, but if he went to a big club in Europe and had a good season, his value would skyrocket.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Dont tell me who to root for just because i don't delude myself does not mean that i dont like Juve, just want to see winning convincingly and we all cannot be like you where the policy is not how you win but just win that counts. As for Carini, what makes you think than any big clubs are actually looking for a goal keeper and haven't you heard theres a recession in football, noone will pay big money for a goalkeeper anymore

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
How long after the game do you get it, and at what cost- I'm very interested !!!
I get them two days after the game is played. The cost works out to something like 95 euros per game. It is quite a drain on the wallet, but it is the only way that I've found to see all of the games.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Dont tell me who to root for just because i don't delude myself does not mean that i dont like Juve, just want to see winning convincingly and we all cannot be like you where the policy is not how you win but just win that counts. As for Carini, what makes you think than any big clubs are actually looking for a goal keeper and haven't you heard theres a recession in football, noone will pay big money for a goalkeeper anymore
I'm not telling you ho to root for, Im just saying if you are expecting all out, creative, attacking football with forwards and attacking mids up the ying-yang, I'm sure you have noticed that Juve and Serie A aren't the place to find this. Look at all those atacking players at Milan, I'll bet they still are a defensive club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)