Will it be a problem if Juve doesn't win the CL this season? (2 Viewers)

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
What is this!?!
this thread has turned into some sort of linguistic chat-room.

Arguing about what is "really" creative is pointless, it isn't defined as: "someone who can pass a through-ball, but they have to be diagonal, between 45 and 75 degrees in angle".

Generally speaking a creative person is someone who creates, it doesn't even have to be good really.

Websters Dictionary defines Creative as: yada, yada, yada.

When it comes to football it seems as most of you have your own opinion on what creativity is, well then: so be it, there's no harm in it.
As football is concerned, I believe that the word Creative is very subjective.
There's no point in trying to change someone elses opinion on the meaning of the word, to realise this all you have to do is to imagine someone else saying that you've got it wrong.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I just can't understand why some people feel that Real Madrid is not the strongest team out there. If we match our team with theirs, player for player, WE LOSE !!!

If Trez and DP should go down to injury, all we have is Salas. I agree with Denco- I'm not at all impressed with Zalyeta, hell, he wasnt even selected for his NT, which is totally understandable.

We need Chiesa !!!!!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i feel we had probably made a mistake in releasing amoruso before we got another striker.or probably it only means that lippi wants to try out massimiliano vieri.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Its not always been like that Real Madrid were struggling financially and with success for a while, now 3 cl titles in 4 years is quiet remarkable and when you think of the amount of money every victory guarantees you in cl then you can see why they are successful . £40m for winning last year is not to be sniffed at

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Real Madrid is sucessful because they have an endless bank account. They went out and bought Figo, then bought Zidane. That would have bankrupted any club. Luckliy, the King of Spain is a Big Real Madrid fan, so he purchased their training ground for something to the tune of 250 Million Pounds. Of course, that left Real without a place to train, so out of the goodness of his heart, the King built Real a brand new, state of the art training facility that was better then thier old one and free of charge.

Its stuff like that which makes Real Madrid the best.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Prior to buying Figo for 44m and zz for 48m whom did they buy?
Juve spent 33m on a goalkeeper 26m on nedved, 22 m on Thuram, 18m or thereanouts on Salas and all these without too much money garnered from Cl.

Don't know about spending 250m on a training grounds as i have never heard of it. What do you mean , it left Real with a place to train, i thought u said he just splashed out 250m on a training ground

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
What happened was the King bought thier old training grounds for 250 million pounds, then built them a new one free of charge. (ie, Real ended up making 250 million from the sale of the training ground and was given a new, state of the art facility free of charge). This is because the King is a Real Madrid fan (hence the Real in their name).

While Juve spent a lot of money last season, I think it worked about about even with the sale of ZIdane and Inzaghi and others (or at least that helped quite a bit). I know you want Juve to spend a lot of money and improve the squad, but I'm quite happy being Serie A Champion and one of two teams in the division that isn't in debt. I'm sure Fiorentina fans liked it when thier club spent money, look where it got them.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Juve and Fiorentina are not in the same league when it comes to money and i am not saying we should spend money, i amn just pointing out that we do spend money, we do have money and it angers me when ppl seem to complain about the funds that Real madrid have and thats why they are sucessful, i am sure they have not spent as much as Inter, but they have produced a real attractive team for every one to enjoy

While Juve on the other hand always seems to fork out the big dosh for defence rather than attack

People talk like Real madrid do not sell players either, they just buy buy buy. I do not care how much the king of spain or whomever gives them money as long as Juve get the right players, not necessarily expensive or world renown as long as they are creative, pacy and good

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
True, Juve and Fiorentina were in different leagues, but the same thing could happen to Juve with mismanagment. Look at Lazio and Roma are both in finiacal difficulty.

I agree we buy too many defenders, but that is just our style. Probably alyways will be too...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
I just can't understand why some people feel that Real Madrid is not the strongest team out there. If we match our team with theirs, player for player, WE LOSE !!!
Games aren't played player to player, they're played team vs. team. Juventus as a unit is stronger than Real Madrid.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Juve are the biggest beneficiary of television deal in Italy and probably the world with all their matches on ppv, thats serious money.

Let me ask you big Izz, a team who spends 33m on a goal keeper and where willing to fork out 35m on Vieri if Inter were willing to sell, do they sound like they have financila difficulty?

All i am saying is sometimes, some of this money they spend could be used to buy players that are needed not replace a wold class keeper with another, whats the sense in that

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
Yes, the goverment of Spain bought Real's stadium for a huge amount, maybe 250m, I'm not quite clear about the number. Before this deal, Real is in red for several years and should be bankrupted if it is not Real, the love of Spainish King. But I also have to admitted that their new chairman is a great business man. He is trying to build a new, huge market overall this world for Real, and the progress is obvious.

I think that the reason why Juve can't do the similar things like Real is, Juventus is not as rich as we imagined. Fiat is in a bad economic situdation. That is to say, we lost our strongest support from Fiat, and yes, Agnelli family, it seems that they require Juventus to stay in black every year. But in today's world, sometimes if you don't spend more, you won't get chance to win more! Another reason is, our club is always smart on business, but maybe too cautious. They don't want to risk buying great players, but on another hand, they forgot that great playes will bring more fans and more income.

It might be ok till now, but I don't know what the trend in the future several years is. Maybe we can't catch up Real or Man U if we don't extend our market to Asia and other continents ASAP. To achieve this goal, I don't think our squad is good enough, we don't have enough star players.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I agree that buying Buffon wasn't a great idea necessiarly. I don't think Buffon will end up being that much better then Carini in the long run so it may have been wise to just stick with VDS for another year or two and give Carini the job after that.

That said, when we bought Buffon he was an upgrade over VDS. I don't see what creative players we could buy that would really be much of an upgrade over who we have now. We really only need 3 attacking players on the pitch at any given time, who are we going to buy that is much better then either Nedved (who has little transfer value), Del Piero or Trez? No one. Even if we did buy Vieri, where would he play? Is he much better then Trez? He might be a little better, but he is a little older. So now we have a player with Trez's ability sitting on the bench, we have a good player in Salas further down the bench too.

We need attacking depth. We need player or players who are conent to sit on the bench and only play every few matches. We nee a little help in midfield too. I just don't see why we need anyu more World CLass attackers when we already have 4.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You need to read what i said, i didnt say we should buy Vieri i said we wanted to buy Vieri and that means we could afford to buy Vieri for 35m

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I understood what you were saying, I merely used Vieri as an example. Clealry you want us to buy more attack minded players. Where do you suggest they play?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)