Will it be a problem if Juve doesn't win the CL this season? (2 Viewers)

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
I don't think it's necessary to look back on Juve's purchase in last year. Van Der Sar is not fit for Juve at that time, he lost some of his confidence. Carini has great potential, I also believe this, but how can you trust a young player who doesn't have any experience in Serie A and CL? Actually comparing with Gigi, Thuram is more unwise, right? But don't forget that the prices of players are still very very high in last year, the transfer market is still crazy!

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well since you ask, Roman would have been a good buy, Gustavo Lopez is a very good crosser of the ball and he is left footed, Guardiola would have added class to the midfield, Chiesa is a very good player , not sure why we let Morfeo go to Inter

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
For Bobo, I don't think price is the main reason why we gave up. Moratti asked for Trezeguert as part of this trade. Will you agree with him? Of course not! David is younger and still has much space to develop, Bobo is the best but he is old and spent too much time in hospital:)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I agree I would have liked to buy Riquelme but something about thier deal with Barca seems fishy too me, how were they able to get such a great young player for so cheap?

Guardiola would have been nice but hes a little old to spend any significant money on. How much did he sell for anyway?

Chiesa is still avilable and I have a feeling we will pick him up.

The one player we should have bought was Mutu. If a deal isn't there though, you can't force it.

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
I also can't understand why we lost to Barca on Rommy. He was cheap and definately could bring more choices on tactics. I'm hoping we can get Zauli and Chiesa in next week.

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
Roma signed Guardiola as a free transfer, if my memory works correctly:) His salary is not high either, comparing with his reputation and ability. Only thing I'm not sure is his signing fee, but I don't think we can't satisfy him if we really want him:) Maybe Lippi doesn't like his style.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
surely the transfer window will be extended if the arranged delay actually takes place?if so then we will have an easier time trying to get the nesta deal through.

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
Paranoia, are you hoping serie A being dalayed? It's too bad for Juve. September is already a little bit late, I can't imagine it even could begin from October! Our team has prepared a long time and will get their best form at September!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Games aren't played player to player, they're played team vs. team. Juventus as a unit is stronger than Real Madrid.
You're kidding, right ??!!??

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
surely the transfer window will be extended if the arranged delay actually takes place?if so then we will have an easier time trying to get the nesta deal through.
Well, we had better hurry on 'cause we'll need to announce our CL squad quite soon....

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
You're kidding, right ??!!??
Not at all. Real Madrid may have the best players in the world at ever position (they don't btw), but they don't play together as a unit as well as the players on Juventus do. It is that simple.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You are my friend in the la la land of dreaming, what unit do we play. I am very sure you do not watch us play, thats why you talk like this. Of all the big teams that play football, we alongside Inter play the most uncordinated football and our goals are either set pieces or Trez and Ale letting of us the hook.

Ask anybody who watches us for 90 mins and they will tell you and you have not seen Real Madrid to say they don't play as a unit or you just don't like them for reasons that have nothing to do with football

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
You are my friend in the la la land of dreaming, what unit do we play. I am very sure you do not watch us play, thats why you talk like this. Of all the big teams that play football, we alongside Inter play the most uncordinated football and our goals are either set pieces or Trez and Ale letting of us the hook.

Ask anybody who watches us for 90 mins and they will tell you and you have not seen Real Madrid to say they don't play as a unit or you just don't like them for reasons that have nothing to do with football
On the contrary I watched every Juve game and all of Real's Champions League plus their games against Barca. Juventus may not always looks together, but IMO, the strength of Juventus is in the way the players work with each other, while Madrid's strength is individual skill.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
What do you expect from 2 teams that are far apart in individual ability of course the one with less talent will work more and the more talented ones will make it look easy as though they are not trying

Jul 12, 2002
If that's how you want to see it, it's up to you. I suppose this season's champion's league will show who is more correct.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

On the contrary I watched every Juve game and all of Real's Champions League plus their games against Barca. Juventus may not always looks together, but IMO, the strength of Juventus is in the way the players work with each other, while Madrid's strength is individual skill.
I'm curious; how did you see all of Juve's games last year ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)